No game ever quite got close..

MossyStone48

Streamer and frequent Twitter pest.
Guildcard
I played PSO v1 on DC and NGL I did not take to it right away. v2 things got better but I never went online for very long. GC things started to really take off and my partner and I both had memberships, our own copies of Ep1+2 and a Gamecube each with broadband adapters. We had a blast. I played as a RAmar but I don't feel comfortable doing that now for reasons I'll keep to myself for the time being. When DC's Oberon server shutdown I knew it would be followed a while later by the US servers so we scrambled looking for alternatives. We did use schtserv for a while but.. well if you know you know and if you don't you're better off for it. No game ever felt like home again until PSO2 launched in JP and we played there until the US release. RN my partner and I (we just celebrated our 20th in Aug) are playing NGS and I can honestly say we feel right at home there. But... we still miss Ragol. So I'm here mostly to bother mewplushie but also to just enjoy being home for a while.

For those who are curious as to my "true identity" - trust me when I say: I was no one of consequence - I will also go on to say that this, who I am now, is my truest form. I was hiding behind a facade back then and I've had to apologize to multiple people for lying. I was trying to be what others expected of me for their comfort. I'm over it now. Regardless, I'll let the people who I need to apologize to HERE know who I was disguising myself as in hopes they can forgive me and we can pick up our friendships where they left off.

Also, true to myself, I messed up on my character creation and I can't figure out how to access the dressing room. So when you read this @Harborer of Hope ..Imma need some held with getting to the dwessing woom. PWEASE <3 uwu

Last edited:
Welcome! You have to join a team to access a dressing room. I hope you enjoy your time here as we all do. I hope the drama of the past you mention is in the past. I hope your future is bright and what you make it!

I played PSO v1 on DC and NGL I did not take to it right away. v2 things got better but I never went online for very long. GC things started to really take off and my partner and I both had memberships, our own copies of Ep1+2 and a Gamecube each with broadband adapters. We had a blast. I played as a RAmar but I don't feel comfortable doing that now for reasons I'll keep to myself for the time being. When DC's Oberon server shutdown I knew it would be followed a while later by the US servers so we scrambled looking for alternatives. We did use schtserv for a while but.. well if you know you know and if you don't you're better off for it. No game ever felt like home again until PSO2 launched in JP and we played there until the US release. RN my partner and I (we just celebrated our 20th in Aug) are playing NGS and I can honestly say we feel right at home there. But... we still miss Ragol. So I'm here mostly to bother mewplushie but also to just enjoy being home for a while.

For those who are curious as to my "true identity" - trust me when I say: I was no one of consequence - I will also go on to say that this, who I am now, is my truest form. I was hiding behind a facade back then and I've had to apologize to multiple people for lying. I was trying to be what others expected of me for their comfort. I'm over it now. Regardless, I'll let the people who I need to apologize to HERE know who I was disguising myself as in hopes they can forgive me and we can pick up our friendships where they left off.

Also, true to myself, I messed up on my character creation and I can't figure out how to access the dressing room. So when you read this @Harborer of Hope ..Imma need some held with getting to the dwessing woom. PWEASE <3 uwu
Your mew hears your call and WILL Answer~! Dressing room will be within your grasp! And yes, mew's "SCHTHACK RANT" is becoming somewhat famous now lol! Oberon.....when SEGA first started and Oberon was the FIRST Ship to host us all....little did we know 3 or 4 years later Oberon would be the LAST SHIP we'd ever set paw on Dreamcast...til Gamecube... Anyway.... just let your mew know when would be a good time to Glomp you and your partner so we can get you hooked up! More often than not, couples gotta' MATCH, right~? <3!
Oh, but most importantly......Welcome HOME~! =3

Welcome MossyStone,

this Server has been nothing but a great experience for me.

I hope you will have blast here too.

Edit: It is interesting that PSO2 and NGS got you hooked. I tried three times now. It always felt underwhelming in comparison to the original PSO.
But still it is good that you liked it. Maybe someday I will too.

Welcome MossyStone,

Edit: It is interesting that PSO2 and NGS got you hooked. I tried three times now. It always felt underwhelming in comparison to the original PSO.
PSO2 is GORGEOUS but, Everyone who has played it all came running back saying the SAME thing.... "It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the original!". What's even funnier is all the new gamers who got sucked up by the Hype of PSO2, when faced with downtime and apathy....suddenly got a gnawing curiosity.... "....PSO'2'......WTF was '1'?....". One GOOGLE search later, they end up......~HERE~!!! <3!

Last edited:
PSO2 is GORGEOUS but, Everyone who has played it all came running back saying the SAME thing.... "It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the original!". What's even funnier is all the new gamers who got sucked up by the Hype of PSO2, when faced with downtime and apathy....suddenly get a gnawing curiosity...."....PSO'2'......WTF was '1'?....". One GOOGLE search later, they end up......~HERE~!!! <3!
And thank goodness they do!

PSO2 is GORGEOUS but, Everyone who has played it all came running back saying the SAME thing.... "It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the original!". What's even funnier is all the new gamers who got sucked up by the Hype of PSO2, when faced with downtime and apathy....suddenly get a gnawing curiosity...."....PSO'2'......WTF was '1'?....". One GOOGLE search later, they end up......~HERE~!!! <3!
Yup. I met someone on Ephinea who came to PSO, because he did not like PSO2. Pretty funny.

Welcome MossyStone,

It's an acquired taste. I've been playing it since the JP beta. When they finally opened a server we in the US could access I dropped all my JP accounts and I've been playing since day one of Global. I enjoy the game. It takes what made PSU, PS-Zero and the PSP games good and then adds in stuff from Monster Hunter and Warframe and so many others. For me the NGS world is the most like Ragol. A lot of what's happening story wise is a seeming re-imagining of things that happened in the original series on Master System and Genesis consoles.
My absolute fav in the series is PS-Zero tho. For a DS title it's an amazing game. I would love to see it re-released on the Switch and expanded to include the robust character editor of PSO2:NGS.

I acknowledge nostalgia and I will soak in it for sometime before modernity calls me back with its promises of progress and inclusion. PSO DC v1+v2, PC+BB and GC Ep1&2+ (even C.A.R.D Revolution) and all the Sony exclusive titles will always have a place in my heart. But I will always be looking towards the future.

It's an acquired taste. I've been playing it since the JP beta. When they finally opened a server we in the US could access I dropped all my JP accounts and I've been playing since day one of Global. I enjoy the game. It takes what made PSU, PS-Zero and the PSP games good and then adds in stuff from Monster Hunter and Warframe and so many others. For me the NGS world is the most like Ragol. A lot of what's happening story wise is a seeming re-imagining of things that happened in the original series on Master System and Genesis consoles.
My absolute fav in the series is PS-Zero tho. For a DS title it's an amazing game. I would love to see it re-released on the Switch and expanded to include the robust character editor of PSO2:NGS.

I acknowledge nostalgia and I will soak in it for sometime before modernity calls me back with its promises of progress and inclusion. PSO DC v1+v2, PC+BB and GC Ep1&2+ (even C.A.R.D Revolution) and all the Sony exclusive titles will always have a place in my heart. But I will always be looking towards the future.
Welcome HOME~! Mossies~! <3

Hmhmhm.. It sounds interesting that the story is going old school again. Maybe I will install it again for the fifth time. I never really had the patience to wait for the game to be fun. But if the Rare Drops are kinda like PSO and the MAG development is motivating. I might give PSO2 another chance.

And yeah! PS-Zero really was a great game and had a nice feel to it. I was totally blown away back then.

Hmhmhm.. It sounds interesting that the story is going old school again. Maybe I will install it again for the fifth time. I never really had the patience to wait for the game to be fun. But if the Rare Drops are kinda like PSO and the MAG development is motivating. I might give PSO2 another chance.

And yeah! PS-Zero really was a great game and had a nice feel to it. I was totally blown away back then.
Rare drops are nice but most of the META equipment you can buy inexpensively through the event shops for points or the player shops for like 1000 N-Meseta. In fact if I'm correct they literally give you a full set of really good weapons all of the Renaissa series. At grind +50 they can carry you all the way to the current active continent, Kvaris.

The mags are more functional than anything. They don't have a stat boost but you REALLY do not need it. But in NGS mags allow you to play music in the overworld and scan for specific resources. I had mine scanning for mineral deposits and fruit/veg.

The leveling grind is easily mitigated in NGS as well. The Battledia system allows you to take 4 people in at once and you walk out with loads of exp and goodies. You're encouraged to specialize in just 1 or 2 classes instead of trying to max them all out like "Base" PSO2.

Many speak of Chapter 6 (Shiva Arc) of PSO2 as being the "love letter" chapter but I think Chapter 5 was the better example. Ch4 we don't talk about. No reverse double Isekai here... nope.. But NGS takes that magic from Ch5 without the complicated mess of Buster Towers and Demon Castles and sculpts a mystery around a struggle where the three protags (you can your two team mates) are unraveling the truth behind planet Halpha where one of you knows the answer but not the question, the other knows the question but doesn't understand the answer and the last one is Aina and she ain't too bright.

If you have more you'd like to know by asking directly I can literally start a stream of NGS up when you have free time (just give me a window of time that works for you*) and you can ask me about anything you see. Personally I dedicate like 1-2 hours a day to it max instead of drowning in it for a daily 8 hours like I used to with PSO:BB.

*- I typically stream 2 hours a day at 7pm CDT and I have no issues dedicating a stream to NGS for a Q&A <3

Rare drops are nice but most of the META equipment you can buy inexpensively through the event shops for points or the player shops for like 1000 N-Meseta. In fact if I'm correct they literally give you a full set of really good weapons all of the Renaissa series. At grind +50 they can carry you all the way to the current active continent, Kvaris.

The mags are more functional than anything. They don't have a stat boost but you REALLY do not need it. But in NGS mags allow you to play music in the overworld and scan for specific resources. I had mine scanning for mineral deposits and fruit/veg.

The leveling grind is easily mitigated in NGS as well. The Battledia system allows you to take 4 people in at once and you walk out with loads of exp and goodies. You're encouraged to specialize in just 1 or 2 classes instead of trying to max them all out like "Base" PSO2.

Many speak of Chapter 6 (Shiva Arc) of PSO2 as being the "love letter" chapter but I think Chapter 5 was the better example. Ch4 we don't talk about. No reverse double Isekai here... nope.. But NGS takes that magic from Ch5 without the complicated mess of Buster Towers and Demon Castles and sculpts a mystery around a struggle where the three protags (you can your two team mates) are unraveling the truth behind planet Halpha where one of you knows the answer but not the question, the other knows the question but doesn't understand the answer and the last one is Aina and she ain't too bright.

If you have more you'd like to know by asking directly I can literally start a stream of NGS up when you have free time (just give me a window of time that works for you*) and you can ask me about anything you see. Personally I dedicate like 1-2 hours a day to it max instead of drowning in it for a daily 8 hours like I used to with PSO:BB.

*- I typically stream 2 hours a day at 7pm CDT and I have no issues dedicating a stream to NGS for a Q&A <3
Thanks for all of that info. I somehow missed that post of yours at first. I just randomly saw, that you replied last. But in terms of that streaming idea. I think my time doesn´t really allow that. It is all about priority. Many things come first here. I am very happy to spend 30 - 60 minutes a day in PSO. Not that much more possible at the moment. But when time frees up, I might come back to that offer. Thank you again for the huge reply to my questions.

It does sound sad, that the MAG´s do not play that big of a role... Or that good equipment is attainable that easy.. =(

ohhhh I relate to all this tho! pso1 was my first love as well and there really is nothin that hits the same as it, even though pso2 was a ton of fun in its own way. I love how spooky and weird pso1 is and pso2 kinda lost that and turned into a more generic anime game after like ep3

I actually ran an alliance in pso2 for awhile up until NGS launched, which turned out to maybe not be the greatest idea cuz organizing/recruiting/event planning/etc. burned my neurodivergent ass out and made me lose my taste for the game after awhile. I still miss pso2's player shops and crafting system sometimes tho, even the lurid nightmare crafts like 8mod guardian soul + crack V + vet V + AbsoGlare units

ahhhh good times, I recently found my way here too so it's always nice to see other pso2 vets! welcome home, yo!

Back