No experience from De Rol Le, occasionally other bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicyclic

Guildcard
I've noticed every once in awhile I kill a boss, eagerly expecting a level up, and then... nothing. Sometimes in multiplayer, sometimes in single player. So far I've only been able to replicate it with de rol le.

pso131698646637157423.jpg
My game mode and difficulty

pso131698646779090630.jpg

Starting experience
pso131698649276485967.jpg
Experience before entering DRL portal (attained one level from dragon)

pso131698649748391391.jpg
I'm intentionally only hitting DRL in this spot, away from his head.

pso131698649991229203.jpg
The purple text is a lie!

pso131698650018462694.jpg
Stat screen showing no increase to total exp

pso131698650390936873.jpg

On to Vol Opt, I guess?

pso131698649584060356.jpg

This spot is where I believe discrepancy occurs, because you can take this opportunity to shoot De Rol Le in the face. Sometimes aiming is more of an art than a science and I'm sure I've not hit the essential part that would count as tagging for experience. That said, I'm not sure why tagging would be necessary as the games I've played in have all been exp share mode, and one person mode always has exp share turned on. I've successfully gotten zero experience from DRL three times in a row now by only attacking his body segments and not his head. I suspect the other bosses have similar mechanics where, if you do not hit them "properly", you won't get exp from the fight, whether you did 100% of the damage to the boss or not.

I've noticed the same thing. This started happening for me when the EXP share update came, and I've found that I can keep it at bay by turning EXP share off. Though it is a noted problem and I've no idea if that would work for everyone.

I've noticed the same thing. This started happening for me when the EXP share update came, and I've found that I can keep it at bay by turning EXP share off. Though it is a noted problem and I've no idea if that would work for everyone.

This is exactly when it started happening (during the end of seasons) and turning EXP share off fixes it for everyone I know that has had the issue (myself included).

There had been a fix recently in one of the updates which I assume was for this so, please ensure everything is updated. I've been playing on my lvl 200 recently so I have not noticed. If the issue persists play with EXP shared off like Cassie suggest (mainly while doing quests with bosses), until it can be resolved.

Patch download from the title screen and check for download in the options of the launcher don't show anything missing for me. Is there a way to turn exp share off for one person mode?

Edit: Actually, I figured it out. Just make a game in multiplayer mode with the settings you want, leave, and the next game you make in one-person will retain those settings.

Patch download from the title screen and check for download in the options of the launcher don't show anything missing for me. Is there a way to turn exp share off for one person mode?

Edit: Actually, I figured it out. Just make a game in multiplayer mode with the settings you want, leave, and the next game you make in one-person will retain those settings.

Afaik EXP shouldn't even be activated in solo but who knows :eyes:

Did you try it after turning it off and receive EXP?

Turning off exp share did fix it. I tried it again where I only hit DRL on his body segments and I got experience.

Alright, I found the problem. Has to do with the packet the client sends to the server when you kill De Rol with just the body and not hitting the head at all. It sends the reduced experience request packet (no idea why?).

When experience share is on, it ignores all of those and waits for the final blow packet / request full experience packet, then distributes the experience to everyone in the party. Since it never gets that, no one gets experience.

That said, I made some changes and just made boss floors all back to tag mechanics anyway, thus eliminating the problem forever. :p

Will update the ships with the fix tomorrow and you can safely use experience share FOREVER! (Also, now it will say "SHARE OFF" in One Person games, no matter what.)

Thank you for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back