Nice to meet you all

NekoNico

Hey there!

I'm Neko from Montreal, Canada! I'm a student in 2D animation and my main hobbies are drawing and Gunpla. =)

I was listening to some PSO music this morning and I was hit with a wave of nostalgia, so I figured I could do some research online to see if a classic PSO server still existed. I was pleasantly surprised to find your server and I thought I could give it a shot!

I've never been a hardcore PSO player but I always loved the game since I first tried it way back when in 2002. I never got an online experience with the game though, since I only played it with friends on Gamecube. This is going to be my first time playing online, and to be honest I'm not really familiar with MMOs ;P I hope you guys won't mind showing me the basics!

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Thank you for the nice welcome! =D

I logged in and gave the game a try this morning to get accustomed to the PC version controls. I noticed that there was no way to communicate with other players in the lobby except with pre-determined phrases, though... O_O When I saw that I freaked out a bit, I wasn't sure how to ask people if they wanted to form a party or even simply introduce myself properly. In the end I stayed quiet and observed the players a bit and then I went to Forest 1 on my own... (^^)''

I logged in and gave the game a try this morning to get accustomed to the PC version controls. I noticed that there was no way to communicate with other players in the lobby except with pre-determined phrases, though... O_O When I saw that I freaked out a bit, I wasn't sure how to ask people if they wanted to form a party or even simply introduce myself properly. In the end I stayed quiet and observed the players a bit and then I went to Forest 1 on my own... (^^)''

Hi Nico!

You can absolutely chat freely. Hit the Space Bar first before you type a message. I recommend playing this game with a controller, although it may take a moment to configure it properly due to the not-super-user-friendly menu! Generally the mappings with any old XInput controller should closely match the DC/GC style mappings!

All the old shortcuts work too. The phrase shortcuts were/are for auto-translating with Japanese players.

If you ever need a guide don't be afraid to ask!

*POUNCES and hugs Neko-san!* Nuuuuuu!!! The annoying habit of pressing the SPACEBAR first to initiate chat is there for a reason dear! In combat you will notice the tantalizing hotbar on the bottom of thine screen. The action of being forced to press spacebar to chat allows you to go into your Customize menu and set your actions and consumables to the numbers keys.
W....wait....you're only using a Keyboard? And you're still.....SANE??? HOW PPL Can master the use of a KB in such a stressful venture is pretty impressive alone...Buuuuuut, just so you know, wired XBOX360/ONE/PS4 pads are Plug and play! And the button layout is just like the old school DC/GC/xbox setup, so its like 16 years of muscle memory! Hope this halps! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff a fellow Neko! Oh, and Welcome Home! =3

Last edited:
Wow O_O Thank you guys for the welcome comments and help! I had no idea about the spacebar thing, that's gonna help a lot!

I have a PS3 controller I use to play most of my PC games, so this should work just fine =) I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in game and getting accustomed to the online world with you all ;)

Wow O_O Thank you guys for the welcome comments and help! I had no idea about the spacebar thing, that's gonna help a lot!

I have a PS3 controller I use to play most of my PC games, so this should work just fine =) I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in game and getting accustomed to the online world with you all ;)
Mew's heard the same thing about our players using and swearing by the PS3 pads. But she's also heard that they require some kinda free Driver update download technowizardry thingy to work....or that may just be the wireless mantra...=P.

Hey everyone! (^^)

I played all morning and I met a nice player called KyraAshley. She took me to a VR mission called To The Future and she helped me level up quite a bit as well as teaching me a lot of basics! I had a great time, I'm glad~ I also met with a character called Blueberry in the lobby who gave me a lesson on emotes =P Overall that first real online experience was great!

My character is a blue haired HUnewearl called Alice. I look forward to meet you guys in game =)

Hey everyone! (^^)

I played all morning and I met a nice player called KyraAshley. She took me to a VR mission called To The Future and she helped me level up quite a bit as well as teaching me a lot of basics! I had a great time, I'm glad~ I also met with a character called Blueberry in the lobby who gave me a lesson on emotes =P Overall that first real online experience was great!

My character is a blue haired HUnewearl called Alice. I look forward to meet you guys in game =)
*Puts Alice-san on her "POUNCE on SIGHT!" list!* =3

That's hilarious, total lobby lurker

Back