New type of crash that started with new DLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Hello,

I play in Window Mode.

Ever since the new DLL came out, there is a chance that, when placing another program over the top of PSO (ie. Firefox), when I switch back to the PSO window, the frame has completely frozen, and nothing will animate. The sounds continue to occur and button presses (ie. Alt + Backspace) still work, but even after Alt + BSing, the frame remains frozen while hearing the title screen music. In essence, everything that is happening "in game" is still happening, but the animation has completely frozen. The only fix has been to end the process and restart the game.

This is very crippling to the point of window mode.

Thanks for looking into this.

Reactions: Zen
Happens to me on my xp machine (ancient 2004 hardware) with firefox as well. My solution is to drag the PSO window offscreen and place it back onscreen making it playable again.

Doesnt happen to me on my w10 machine when i play in windowed mode. I dont use Firefox on W10 though.

When I drag it offscreen and place it back onscreen, it goes completely black, but the sound / response to buttons presses continues. I'm running Windows 10 on a high-end machine :(

I am not sure this is a DLL issue as the DLL does absolutely nothing with graphics but I will check it when I get home.

Seems both of you are using Firefox as well, so that could play into it too?

Will investigate, though. I don't usually drag around windows while playing PSO. Typically I am just alt tabbing and min and maxing, but never ran into any problems on my Windows 10 desktop or my Surface tablet.

I am not sure this is a DLL issue as the DLL does absolutely nothing with graphics but I will check it when I get home.

Seems both of you are using Firefox as well, so that could play into it too?

Will investigate, though. I don't usually drag around windows while playing PSO. Typically I am just alt tabbing and min and maxing, but never ran into any problems on my Windows 10 desktop or my Surface tablet.
I use Firefox, and i have the same issue.

So do you guys have two monitors or something? Just wondering. I'm sitting here now and dragging the window as far off screen as I can with one monitor and then back, but not causing the issue.

I don't have Firefox, though not sure if that matters.

My setup is Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 980 running in a window, dragged it up, down, left, and right as far as I could off the screen on an HDTV. (Can't exactly get the entire window off the screen when playing on a TV or even just a single monitor as a portion of the window remains for you to drag the window around on the desktop.)

My result:

Are you guys on AMD cards? I have a nvidia card like Soda and cant replicate even with firefox.

My post was probably misleading. The issue is, while playing PSO, if I switch to a Firefox window it may freeze the game's image. Once the image is frozen, I can still play and hear the game but I can't get the visuals to work again. I'm using a Nvidia card.

So do you guys have two monitors or something? Just wondering. I'm sitting here now and dragging the window as far off screen as I can with one monitor and then back, but not causing the issue.

I don't have Firefox, though not sure if that matters.

My setup is Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 980 running in a window, dragged it up, down, left, and right as far as I could off the screen on an HDTV. (Can't exactly get the entire window off the screen when playing on a TV or even just a single monitor as a portion of the window remains for you to drag the window around on the desktop.)

My result:

My issue only happens on XP running Firefox (I don't care if you fix it on there or not since I only use FF for ephinea on that machine lol). Just downloaded Firefox on W10 and I had no issues running PSO in windowed mode. Both machines use AMD cards but completely different generations (duh lol). I thought it was a driver issue on my XP since I use a modded driver, but looks like @Ade and others are having this issue too.

Check to see if nightly has the issue (Firefox nightly builds) this will be the latest build of Firefox and see if the problem persists.

Hmm...this is something I should download and attempt? Sorry, I didn't fully understand because I am dumb :3

I use Firefox and for the past few days my game crashes with an error only while browsing on firefox with psobb on window mode. I just use Chrome now when playing pso. I tried Nightly but still the same.

Sorry, there's nothing we can do.

FireFox seems to break the Direct3D rendering engine of PSO. (Also, dragging the game between monitors can sometimes break it as well.)

This is not because of the DLL at all, as the DLL does nothing with graphics.

My suggestion to you is browse with another browser like Chrome while you're playing PSO or wait for Mozilla to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back