New to Ephinea

MasterMooCow

Hi all,

I've been a big fan of the Phantasy Star series for many years but never had the opportunity to play online with anyone. I just created an account and am looking forward to meeting some new people who love the game as much as I do. I am a HUmar named Katona. Come find me and say hi!

Also, are there any tips on keyboard commands, etc.? I'm sure these are probably in-game somewhere, I just haven't found them yet.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've been a big fan of the Phantasy Star series for many years but never had the opportunity to play online with anyone. I just created an account and am looking forward to meeting some new people who love the game as much as I do. I am a HUmar named Katona. Come find me and say hi!

Also, are there any tips on keyboard commands, etc.? I'm sure these are probably in-game somewhere, I just haven't found them yet.

Thanks!
*Pounces MooMoo and examines!* HOW ppl can master keyboard gameplay will always be a mystery to mew...But she'll tell you what she tells everyone eles if u want to escape the Keyboard commands scenario... Wired XBOX 360 /ONE / PS4 control pads are plug and play! Plus the button layouts are the same as they were on old school Dreamcast/Gamecube/and XBOXPSO so it's like 16 years of muscle memory. =D! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too Kato-san! And as a loved one stated earlier.... Welcome Home! =3

Hi all,

Thanks!
I use my keyboard a lot (because I play at work a lot, and it's much less suspicious when I don't have a controller in hand), when you are in lobby type /help to pull up a list of commands. You can also remap the keys in your in game settings (I hate using wasd for my movement, so i switched it to up/left/down/right keys. The downside? Now I can't move while I'm in menu). Let's see... End is my chat key, so ctrl+end pulls up the quick menu (when you are on Ragol), tab will pull the additional window for weapon stats. End, then tab gets you to symbol chat. When you go to customize, if you hit 1 to 0 it will assign that tech/action/item to that number key (so handy). This does not work for weapons unfortunately, but you can quick equip with the ctrl+end window.
Oh, press space bar to pull up chat/type window.
And you can change your name and sectionid before level 20, use /help in lobby to see the command list for it.

And btw WELCOME!!

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me level up over the past few days. I hit level 31 this afternoon and am looking forward to grinding to Very Hard and Ultimate soon.

By the way, I went ahead and did my character name change to Moocow to make it easier to identify me in game.

See you all soon

I use my keyboard a lot (because I play at work a lot, and it's much less suspicious when I don't have a controller in hand), when you are in lobby type /help to pull up a list of commands. You can also remap the keys in your in game settings (I hate using wasd for my movement, so i switched it to up/left/down/right keys. The downside? Now I can't move while I'm in menu). Let's see... End is my chat key, so ctrl+end pulls up the quick menu (when you are on Ragol), tab will pull the additional window for weapon stats. End, then tab gets you to symbol chat. When you go to customize, if you hit 1 to 0 it will assign that tech/action/item to that number key (so handy). This does not work for weapons unfortunately, but you can quick equip with the ctrl+end window.
Oh, press space bar to pull up chat/type window.
And you can change your name and sectionid before level 20, use /help in lobby to see the command list for it.

And btw WELCOME!!
Dayum!....Well Done TaoTao-chan! Mew was always at a loss when trying to answer Keyboard questions. All she really knew were the End then tab for symbol chats and telling ppl how to hotkey. Very Informative! <3

Dayum!....Well Done TaoTao-chan! Mew was always at a loss when trying to answer Keyboard questions. All she really knew were the End then tab for symbol chats and telling ppl how to hotkey. Very Informative! <3
Trial and error, and a bit of holding a GC controller thinking "ok, what would I press to do this..", then back to the keyboard to match it.
Also part of why I try to avoid HC mode, trial and error are not often rewarded there

Trial and error, and a bit of holding a GC controller thinking "ok, what would I press to do this..", then back to the keyboard to match it.
Also part of why I try to avoid HC mode, trial and error are not often rewarded there
HC mode "trial and error" can be Banner material....lol

Welcome!

level 31 in just a few days? maybe i should stop soloing everything lol

as for kb, i just use a 360 controller with a KB in my lap for the numbered hotkeys

edit: typing /help in the lobby will give you a bunch of useful console commands- name/secid change, mat usage, etc.

Back