New Quest Series: Sweep-Up Operation

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hello Ephinea!

We are proud to present a new quest series in Episode 1, "Sweep-Up Operation", is now available. This series was created by @Ender and is designed to be an extension of the "Mop-Up Operation" series.

The quests take place in the following areas:
  • Forest 2
  • Cave 3
  • Mine 2
  • Ruins 2
We hope you enjoy this new quest series!

Furthermore, the Chef in the Anniversary Shop has now been disabled. Timers in the New Mop-Up Operation series has also been restored (finally).

Thanks for playing on Ephinea!

Thanks for the positive comments so far!

There are a couple of small issues that will be fixed in a day or two.
  1. The wrong sound plays for quest start (qedit wiki for bgm opcode has the wrong values listed, oops).
  2. There's no quest clear sound when the "Mission Complete!" window pops up.
  3. If the timer does run out, you have to talk to the Works NPC first before you can return to lobby. This isn't really consistent with EP1 Mop-up.
  4. The Sinow near the exit in the last spawn of the big "S" room in Mines spawns in a dead zone. If you are in that corner of the room, you can't target the Sinow (but attacking the Sinow from outside that corner should be fine).
The timers will probably be tightened a bit. I wanted them to be a little lenient for more feedback but I'll probably be cutting a few minutes from the timer on Caves, Mines, and Ruins. I also know there are no time increases for room clears, but this is intentional because I think disabling movement is an annoying mechanic and time increases normally don't impact a quest clear (couple of exceptions but everyone clears that room in MU3 ep1).

I'll be uploading the quests publicly somewhere this weekend for other servers and people to use if they want. Just need to iron out the last few issues now that I have more testers :lenny:

Last edited:
Sounds cool can't wait to try it

Any monster counts?

Having this become a HBR once all the kinks are worked out would be cool

Sounds cool can't wait to try it

Any monster counts?

Having this become a HBR once all the kinks are worked out would be cool
From @Ender on disc yest.

SU1:
Hildebear: 12
Rag Rappy: 24
Monest: 4
Savage Wolf: 21
Barbarous Wolf: 8
Booma: 26
Gobooma: 23
Gigobooma: 19

SU2:
Poison Lily: 34
Nano Dragon: 23
Evil Shark: 46
Pal Shark: 26
Guil Shark: 31
Pofuilly Slime: 12
Pan Arms: 8

SU3:
Dubchic: 22
Gilchic: 57
Garanz: 9
Sinow Beat: 19
Sinow Gold: 18
Canadine: 79
Canane: 4
Dubswitch: 6

SU4:
Delsaber: 22
Dark Gunner: 16
Chaos Bringer: 11
Dimenian: 45
La Dimenian: 24
So Dimenian: 29
Bulclaw: 8
Claw: 43

Thanks, Ender! Just played all four. Great fun! Very much on par with Sega quality and probably a little bit better than the original Mop Ups thanks to the lack of stop frames on room clear and overall enemy arrangements.

I really love this quests, they should be the current hbr (btw please restore my heaven punisher omegalul). For a future hbr they deserve to serve as quests....
Hopefully you going on to create more quests, would love to see sweep up operation for ep2! <3

The changes I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread have been up since Sunday. Well, except for the public release which will happen later.

Let me know through PM or discord DM if you have any feedback on the quests, including spawns/timers/boxes/sounds. In a couple weeks, I hope to mark these versions as "final" if there's nothing else that should be changed in terms of enemies/rooms (of course Ephinea could always modify them later if they feel like it).

I hope to have the first drafts of SU EP2 ready in a couple weeks as well. So help me finalize these four EP1 quests first ;)

Last edited:
Back