New Player Feeling a Bit Lost

Hanners

Hi ^_^

I started playing about a week and a half ago and am having a blast. Not to mention, the community has been awesome and helped get me started, etc..

I realized though that I really don't feel like I have a good handle on what I'm doing. I've been grinding TTF for levels and am getting kinda burnt out on it. So, that said, I was wondering if I get could some help with a better grasp of the big picture and have listed a few general new player questions below.

1) Is there an end game/what are popular goals to pursue?
2) What do you recommend doing for leveling besides TTF? What does a typical leveling progression look like?
3) Is there a good place to go for guides on items, stats, mags, etc..?

Thanks guys! I've really enjoyed playing with you so far.

-<3 Hanners

The "True End Game" is having all maximum stat armors, shields, and the hit stat weapons that you need for each of your classes in a capacity that you never miss, this is due to PSOBB having ridiculous evasion stats in some cases compared to class ATA caps. Unfortunately this is rather unrealistic to ever achieve as hit has to be the stupidest stat to ever be conceived in gaming made for the sole purpose of SEGA keeping people paying for a hunters license. Playing PSO has more to do with your personal luck and ability to overcome evasion stats (which are more into the realm of better strategies you develop as you become good at PSO) than just "FINDING" the hit stats you need. If you solely focus on hunting hit you'd go nuts before finding everything you want.

People also focus on Sphering their weapons they like to full stats, which is using photon spheres in gallons shop to get a better % for damage on a weapon. Or just getting all classes to level 200 which takes some time unless you can no-life the game for months. Other than that, people do time attack to better their personal times in quests, either solo or in groups, but i'd recommend avoiding that in some capacities as thats its own bowl of mixed fruits, unless you really like speedrunning.

As far as leveling, the worst thing you can do to yourself early on is simply just burn yourself out grinding and worrying about your level. Just take it as it comes, play the game and don't worry about where you in levels are unless you're stuck playing alone.

As far as guides we literally have a section of the forums for it. https://www.pioneer2.net/community/forums/guides.33/

Hi ^_^

I started playing about a week and a half ago and am having a blast. Not to mention, the community has been awesome and helped get me started, etc..

I realized though that I really don't feel like I have a good handle on what I'm doing. I've been grinding TTF for levels and am getting kinda burnt out on it. So, that said, I was wondering if I get could some help with a better grasp of the big picture and have listed a few general new player questions below.

1) Is there an end game/what are popular goals to pursue?
2) What do you recommend doing for leveling besides TTF? What does a typical leveling progression look like?
3) Is there a good place to go for guides on items, stats, mags, etc..?

Thanks guys! I've really enjoyed playing with you so far.

-<3 Hanners
EEEeeeee! Hanners-chan! *POUNCES and hugs~!* Sorry if your mew hasn't been moar involved with trying to level you up dear! Yes! TTF can burn ppl out after a few hundred runs...purrsonally, mew likes to wait for either the %150 exp boost week or %200/%300 exp events and kidnap ppl thru EP4 MAS/MAE quests over and over! XD! And as NIKKIES-Chan stated..."end game" mentality can often make something as 'fun' as PSO feel a little sterile and less 'enjoyable' if ppl start focusing on 'stats' and '%'s' of this and that's...Yes, the hunt is a rush...and to finally GET that EPIC BANNER Announcing to all that your MONTHS of suffering is vindicated finding that ONE MutherF'King rare you wanted....only to find it has....No...Hit...well...BACK to grinding...X'D! Try not to focus on 'End games' or stats or purrfect builds...or things that can burn you out luv~! Focus more on keeping that glint in your eye seeing the PSO logo first appear and hearing the intro start up...knowing that beyond all that are other players waiting to happily greet you upon your return? Hopefully mew isn't being too Mushy about all this...but you prolly know what she's trying to get at? Right? Right?.....Riiiiight~? =3

Thank you both for the valuable input! I feel a lot less overwhelmed/behind the curve xD. While stat-maxing, etc.. is something I like to be involved with, I'm not a fan of feeling like I *must* have it in order to enjoy the game. Stuff like that has prompted me to leave other MMO's. So, it's good to know I have the freedom to pursue goals that I find enjoyable ^_^.

I'll probably try getting all of my characters to max level with decent gear since I love playing different classes.

And, oh man, I'm so glad you're saying that about TTF. I ran it 20 times in a row and lost my motivation really quick. @Harborer of Hope , waiting for the XP boost seems like a great idea!

@Nikki thanks for the summary of different activities. This is a good inventory of things to keep in mind.

Thanks again!

<3 Hanners

Back