New guy on the block..

Gabapentin25

Hello and thank you for this opportunity yo play PSO once more. To give you readers a brief history, I started PSO way back on the Dreamcast back in the early 2000's and man, let me tell you how I fell for a genre. The mix of future tech with an undeveloped planet, sci-fi setting, check. Battle style was great, although the learning curve, took me a bit of getting used to. Once mastered though, I never looked back. Story was a bit stale, but thats what we were for. We made our own story.

Jump ahead to the Gamecube days, game was all the rave with the boys and item trading soon became a thing. Making multiple characters to farm for the drops, chasing the best possible percentage, etc. And don't forget about the item dupe trick. Heheheh. Feels like we all did that.

Fast forward a bit more, and the Gamecube version had all but died off, and I found out about a private server, Schttack's on PC and though due to the never seen before Episode 4, I couldn't pass up the chance to continue the experience. With the new mobs, drops, and areas including a new soundtrack, fell in love all over again.

Couple years later, had my son and adult responsibilities finally set in. As much as I loved gaming, need to face the music. With that, I am now disconnected from the game but it still lingered. The need to play it again was always there. Over the years, I played other iterations of the game such as on the Nintendo DS which followed the traditional battle system and possible online play and more recent, the horrific Mobile App, IDOLA.

Last month, I had the pleasure of playing PSO2 NGS after waiting years for it to come to the PS4. Excited to see the evolution of a game I love, I said lets go get it done. And funny enough, not sure what I was playing. There were two different games in one. One, staying true to the OG mechanics I grew to hone and master, while the other was more of an open world MMO. Though I really don't understand the direction SEGA and the game took, apparently OG PSO2 is nothing like OG PSO. Even more so, hit end game last week and completely falls short of expectations as the game is more of a fashion sim versus what I grew so fond of in the old PSO days.

To go ahead and just cut the ramblings short, I got a Steam Deck last week and well, had to try and get PSO installed on it. I had a laptop way back when, but those days are far gone. Needed to get my fix after the failed experiment of what is currently PSO2NGS. After searching on Reddit, found this wonderful site with the guide and was finally able to get on for an hour yesterday. Seems like I am back on the horse after all these years.

In closing, I feel privileged and greatful for the experiences to come and looking forward to spending many a great time with the community. Thank you for keeping one of my favorite games alive. Looking forward to the hunt with you all!!

Thank you kindly. Looking forward to getting all my stuff back. My traditional Hunter was a Humar. In light of the recent PSO2NGS, made a Cast called Trask, so that gave me the Purplenum, versus the Greenil which I usually run. It will be a blast. I already see it happening. Hahahaha

Thank you kindly. Looking forward to getting all my stuff back. My traditional Hunter was a Humar. In light of the recent PSO2NGS, made a Cast called Trask, so that gave me the Purplenum, versus the Greenil which I usually run. It will be a blast. I already see it happening. Hahahaha
Same here, been having a blast :) Also be sure to check out what is different with the Ephinea server and the list of commands. I know one of the commands allows you to change your section id before level 20 so if you wanted a special name while running a certain id, you can easily :)

Ohhh?? I didn't know that was a thing. And naw, I am old school like that. Whatever the game generates, I stick to. But I will need to have a look around and see. Something I did notice was that enemies have HP bars in their tooltip boxes.

Hello and thank you for this opportunity yo play PSO once more. To give you readers a brief history, I started PSO way back on the Dreamcast back in the early 2000's and man, let me tell you how I fell for a genre. The mix of future tech with an undeveloped planet, sci-fi setting, check. Battle style was great, although the learning curve, took me a bit of getting used to. Once mastered though, I never looked back. Story was a bit stale, but thats what we were for. We made our own story.

Jump ahead to the Gamecube days, game was all the rave with the boys and item trading soon became a thing. Making multiple characters to farm for the drops, chasing the best possible percentage, etc. And don't forget about the item dupe trick. Heheheh. Feels like we all did that.

Fast forward a bit more, and the Gamecube version had all but died off, and I found out about a private server, Schttack's on PC and though due to the never seen before Episode 4, I couldn't pass up the chance to continue the experience. With the new mobs, drops, and areas including a new soundtrack, fell in love all over again.

Couple years later, had my son and adult responsibilities finally set in. As much as I loved gaming, need to face the music. With that, I am now disconnected from the game but it still lingered. The need to play it again was always there. Over the years, I played other iterations of the game such as on the Nintendo DS which followed the traditional battle system and possible online play and more recent, the horrific Mobile App, IDOLA.

Last month, I had the pleasure of playing PSO2 NGS after waiting years for it to come to the PS4. Excited to see the evolution of a game I love, I said lets go get it done. And funny enough, not sure what I was playing. There were two different games in one. One, staying true to the OG mechanics I grew to hone and master, while the other was more of an open world MMO. Though I really don't understand the direction SEGA and the game took, apparently OG PSO2 is nothing like OG PSO. Even more so, hit end game last week and completely falls short of expectations as the game is more of a fashion sim versus what I grew so fond of in the old PSO days.

To go ahead and just cut the ramblings short, I got a Steam Deck last week and well, had to try and get PSO installed on it. I had a laptop way back when, but those days are far gone. Needed to get my fix after the failed experiment of what is currently PSO2NGS. After searching on Reddit, found this wonderful site with the guide and was finally able to get on for an hour yesterday. Seems like I am back on the horse after all these years.

In closing, I feel privileged and greatful for the experiences to come and looking forward to spending many a great time with the community. Thank you for keeping one of my favorite games alive. Looking forward to the hunt with you all!!
Welcome back (to PSO) and (welcome to) the community! I'm pretty new myself, but it sounds like you played a lot of PSO on the Cube. You may find value in some of the special add-ons compatible with the PC edition. I've found the EXP bar add-on super helpful. I've enclosed a link in the interest of sharing information. They are pretty simple to set-up, if they strike your fancy. Hope to see you in-game soon. :)

SQUEEEEeeeeeeeeee~! *POUNCES and looks over Gaba-san moar carefully than she usually does with others~!* AAaaaand yet ANOTHER Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen prey to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! *Halps you up and dusts you off to face a sea of smiling war painted and scarred faces! Wow....quite a lot to cover here...well, for one.... MOST if not All of us here are also SCHTHACK Refugee/Survivors! After the.....BETRAYAL....
IRL is the BANE of even the most STAUNCHEST of PSO Warriors, Dad~! Glad to see that 'horse' has never left you! PSO2 is GORGEOUS! Buuuut, Everyone who's played it All came Running back saying the SAME thing! "It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!". Oh...it got WORSE after the NGS 'update' and new ppl who got swept up in the Hype that is PSO2...were suddenly gnawed by this vision of HOPE....."PSO'2'.......H....Heeey, WTF was '1'?" A quick passionate Google search later, they end up.....~HERE!~! So, you are in no means by yourself in your soul searching, dear! =3!
You will find everything pretty much where you left it on Gamecube! Albeit, you've noticed the few server QoL perks while still keeping it 'VANILLA'! SHARED EXP......PSO2 Drop system (No moar RED Box NINJAS!) aaand yes the Mobs HP bar is both a blessing and a curse! Well, guess mew has pretty much covered all the mushy stuff...Loved ones have already beat her in welcoming you....guess in closing she can only say, Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! Welcome Home~! =3!

Hello old DC comrade,

I get what you must be feeling right now. Finally back in PSO. Pioneer 2, Forest, Caves, Mines, Ruins. The nostalgia, the bright memories of past adventures and the thrill of hunting all the red items.

Let me tell you Trask / Gabapentin, no private server I have ever tried, made me feel the same magic than I had when playing PSO on DC /Xbox / GC.
Well really.. except this Ephinea Server. The QoL additions are very welcome. And I really love that I do not have to deal with corrupted save files (Memory Cards).

Eh well and yeah welcome to Ephinea mate xD
Hope you´ll like it here.

Might be a bit late but I really can't thank the warm welcome enough. This evening was my first legitimate interaction in the lobby and everyone is super pleasant. Some funny antics aside, brings back all those warm fuzzy feeling all over again. This is truly what PSO was all about and continues to be. The interactions are totally worth the time it tookto make it happen on the steam deck. And yeah,the virtual keyboard didn't really function properly but nothing Amazon couldn't help me get in a couple of days. But before I ramble on, thank you again for the amazing response. Looking forward to an amazing time on Ephinea. Cheers and hugs to those on here. You deserve that and much more for being the best part of my nostalgia.

Hey welcome home brother!

I too am from the old times, as many of us are, and mystically we've all found our way here. They do the most amazing job of keeping this the game we love, while adding some wonderful quality of life features. Remember the days of wandering maps endlessly looking for drops? You no longer have to do that with the addon pack that was mentioned earlier! It is one of my fav things about here. Its so good, that though I have a full account on GC I dont know if i can ever play it again lol. That being said there is a classic server that is more like the GC experience if that interests you. There is not a lot of people that play there, but a few of us die-hards do.

The other main thing I wanted to mention is make sure you check out the Ephinea Discord. It is the best place to communicate with the community. There are a lot of wonderful people here who hang out there, organize groups, and trade. One of the best features is the ever important help channel! Any thing that you can think of has been asked in there if you search for it, or just ask and most of us are happy to help. In the trade channel you can find out the value of your items buy saying "PC>Heavenly Battle", or whatever the item is. There is a price guide for some expensive items on the WIKI. Speaking of which, if you havent checked out the wiki, it is the greatest source of Ephinea PSO knowledge!

Have Fun! and Happy Gaming!

Back