New, But Also Old

Hello there!

Grizzled old player from the Dreamcast era back from my 22 year vacation. Extremely out of touch with how things are. Feel free to throw me some pointers on how to best get started. I've read some guides here and there, but I'm more of a learn by doing sort of person.

See you in the field.

EEEEEEEeeeeeee!!! *POUNCES and examines weeabo-san carefully~!* AAAAnd yet another Old Guard Dreamcast has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! As for any 'tips' or pointers...yeesh! There's prolly a lot to say. Quite a few changes made after the GC release. For just an example....SEGA did a total revamp of class/race rebalancing. We ALL cant equip spread needles or Heavens punishers or Yasmins.....or ALL Fleshie races cast grants or reverser...HUmars were NERFED to Hell...RAmars even got hit with the nerf bat. Ummm, let's see...MAGs are your best bet to Sanity starting out! Speaking of 'Starting out', Most ppl you bump into on here would be happy to halp get your mojo running with starter gear, too! Don't be shy to put your paws up like "Thanks but I'd rather find my own gear"....we won't take offense to that At All...*twitches*. Towards the Future in ep1 guild quest is still the G o T o method for breezing past those tedious first 20 levels. You also might wanna peek at the Drop charts for any favorite items of yore you remember lusting after....they've prolly changed locations or ID's. In case any NAME you give yourself assigns you an unfavorable ID...we are given a one time chance to change our ID via a /modsecid command in game before reaching level 20!! One of our talented residents had made this Hilarious Youtube vid about section IDs for our old DC/GC days some time ago...(Note they mention PSOBB is different~!)
Other than these few things...mew looks forward to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! But most important of all... WELCOME HOME! =3!

Back