Need some advice

Hey guys! I found a 35 hit frozen shooter. I already have a 30 hit one. Should I turn it into a snow queen? I've never had one and I've read differing opinions on it. Should I try to get another one with higher hit?

35 Hit should be more than enough for even a RAcast to make a great Snow Queen. With a Ranger Wall equipped its like having a 55 hit SQ. Its a great utility weapon, its strength lies in how it pierces but it is limited by the fact that it cannot combo.
I prefer the frozen shooter but I've seen SQs do some serious duty in really packed rooms and of course when mobs are neatly lined up for you.
IMO it benefits humans more than casts because casts can just freeze trap for similar effect but having the AOE freeze effect can go a lot further than the Frozen shooter which can only freeze one enemy at a time.

RAmars need at least 50h on a Snow Queen to never miss a Goran Detonator(825 Evasion) which is probably the most evasive enemy you would use a Snow Queen on.

Also something that might be worth noting: given the recent buff of Blizzard, you might have an interest in investing in a Blizzard Needle/Shot for AOE freezing. I have yet to experiment with its effectiveness, but assuming it's similar to Arrest, it might be worth looking into. I had meant to test it out but I've been distracted playing FO lately :3

Scotty knocked it out of the park, 35 hit on a Frozen Shooter isn't enough hit to justify 50 pds to turn it into a SQ. You're gonna miss alot with a 35 Hit SQ.

35 hit Frozen shooter is a nice weapon tho. Congrats

You'll miss in some areas of the game, you won't miss in others.
>Numbers for RAmar cause you play him I think<
  • In episode 1 you have a 100% chance to hit on every enemy except sinow red (97%) and delsaber (60%)
  • In episode 4 you have a 100% chance to hit on every relevant enemy except goran detonator (89%)
  • The second half of episode 2 is where a medium hit SQ struggles the most, but you still 100% hit morfos, sinow zele, gi gue, gibbles, and 2/3 of the meri DeAtH fLoWeRs! (del lily 98% xd) You'll struggle to reliably hit CCA sinows, sinow zoa, deldepth (ofc), delbiter (82%), and both gibbons (unless you got spicy desync party)
Basically 35H snow queen is great, do it if you're a RAmar/RAmarl.

If you want to spend 50pds to buy one I would say no. 50 pds is a lot of money so if you're going to spend it, you want SQ to work perfectly on everything. Sure 90% of mobs will be easily frozen but that's not reliable enough for where it becomes essential to use. I have had a 35h SQ and 0h one and they were practically the same, spawn-freeze general mobs and the higher evp enemies = nope. I don't think 35h is reliable enough at all for its needs.

Anime makes a good case for a 35 hit SQ, I won't disagree with this statement. He brought the math, which speaks for itself.

50 pds is alot when youre starting off. Glad Spuz was able to chime in with experience with using a 35 hit SQ, I had a 30 hitter and hated it. Bought it for 30 pds and unloaded it after a month, dodged a bullet by not blowing 50 pds on a photon booster. Wasn't reliable with my 190+ RAmarl.

Dope answers, lots of good stuff to chew over. Maybe worth it on your RAmar. I'd like to know how it works out for you if you do make one bud.

Don't forget about desync freezes! I was going to mention this earlier,
but I wasn't sure if my info was accurate. (still not completely sure, I remember talking about it with Matt last year...)

You can get up to 4 ATA rolls on each target in 4 player games if the projectile connects on each client, meaning that 50% chance to freeze on something like CCA sinows can actually end up being very likely, as it rolls 4 times, so (0.50^4), a 93.75% chance to freeze. Of course, there are times when only 1-2 rolls will happen, but this still increase the chance by a large amount.

>This is also why you can freeze many monsters that you aren't even targeting with Snow Queen

Last edited:
You also have to consider the effort vs reward factor. Do you really want to spend the time trying to find a Frozen Shooter with even more Hit, when there's a good chance you will never succeed? You'd be denying yourself the chance to have a very effective weapon today on the basis of hoping to have a completely effective weapon at an unknown point in the future.

Wow that's some good points from both sides of the argument. I think I'm gonna put it on the back burner for now. I have some s ranks I need specials for.

Yet another thing: you’d probably get some sizable diminishing returns on this if you were to make it. Ie you’d get more pds selling the 35h (still high demand) and booster seperately than as a sq.

Anecdotally speaking id buy a 35h froozer but wouldn’t pay the value of a booster (unless an event tanks it) for a 35h sq. Personally don’t think it’s high enough for racast and don’t play ramar

Back