"Mysterious weapon" descriptions CONTEST (contest is over)

Ade

;3
Matt already said in Discord this isn't going to be implemented, so I'm just doing this for fun.

Anyway, I dislike that so many weapons in the game have the inventory screen description of, "A mysterious weapon. Its abilities are unknown."

I get that it was necessary to do this for ES Weapons since there can be such a huge variance in what they do, but for everything else it was just plain lazy on Sega's part.

JUST FOR FUN: Pick a weapon that uses the generic "Mysterious weapon" description and give it a realistic, APPROPRIATE, and witty description. I'll pick the entry I find the most entertaining (besides my own :p ) and give the winner 10 PDs. I'll leave this thread open for two weeks.

Rules:

1. ES Weapons (aka S-Ranks) are not allowed.

2. Section ID Cards are not allowed.

3. You have to use one of the ACTUAL unique weapons that has this description. (Ie. Power Maser, Snow Queen, Iron Faust, etc.)

4. The original description must state that it's a "mysterious weapon" and that "its abilities are unknown." HOWEVER, some items have a slight variation on this. These ARE ALLOWED (ie. Double Cannon and Psycho Wand). However, weapons that claim to be "mysterious" but then go on to be described in more detail (ie. Lavis Blades and Rika's Claw) are NOT allowed.

EVERYONE GETS ONE ENTRY. If someone else already chose the weapon you wanted, it's okay. You can still make your own description for it.

Anyway, here's mine, for POWER MASER:

1689140034629.png

"This experimental gun was designed by the Lab for clearing debris. Earplugs recommended."

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
PSYCHO WAND:
Original
:
A mysterious cane known only as the ultimate cane.
Its abilities are unknown.
"
The ultimate magical wand. Sacrifice your lif̴̢̛̣̟̼̺̘̺̞̣̫̤̌͊̀̋̃̈́͆͊͘̕ę̸͖̭͙̃̈́́̍̀̑̅̀̓͂͗̓̒̕ ̴̢̧͖̝͚̭̲̼̬̟̦͍̥͉̈́̍̔̊̑̀͝͝ȅ̷̡̮̳̹̻̝̙͕̠̝̱̹̖͖̿̆̂͗̂̊̎̀͐͝͠n̴̡̰͈̹̲̮̟͕̠̖̺̞̭̈́ȩ̷̜̼͖͍̱̀̊͒́̓̂̒̑̈̒̀̏͝r̵͚̠͛̎͑̽̾̑̒̿͐̋g̴̛̞͌̎̌̎̋̾̆̊ÿ̵̨̡̢̠̱̻͙̻͎̝̰̖̦̒̍̊͋͛́́͐̽͐̕͝͝ ̸̯̲̪̰̦̙̰̄́̀̾́͗ͅf̷̨̜͓̟̤̠̄̃̓̏̀̋̐̏̓̍̍̕ớ̸̢͎̞̘͔̼̏̅̈́͌͋r̴͚̠̫̙̍̌̋͑̄͂͘ ̵̖̖̼͉̟̤̜̲̻̑̓̾̂̒̃̇̍̕m̴̨̲̗̖͕̓̋͋̏ȍ̶̖̣̫̯̓̈́͗̒̂͂̅̚r̷̢͎̰̫̺͎̟͈̒ę̴̩̭̲͒͋̃̉̄̾̏̅̔̊ ̸̧̣̥̗̞̥̯̻̘̰̿̓̂͑̎̚͝p̴̛̰̹̞̞̮̩͓̱̈́̿̍̀͑͗͒̐̐o̸͔̰̤͕͙̝̠̫̟̤̹͉͚͉̻̅̐̂̐̓w̸̨̢̛͇̙̟̽͒͛͋̔̽̅͆̎͜ĕ̸̹̓͋̑͐̈́͒͛͌̀̍͝͝r̵̬̉̑͝.̵̨̛̗̝̦͉̐̌͑̌"

Snow Queen:
This legendary Rifle was a wedding gift given to an infamous tyrant to cool his burning temper. Ultimately, he could not withstand its freezing powers, allowing his wife to take over his reign, now only known as the "Snow Queen", along with this weapon named after her.

1689149470078.png

Last edited:
There haven't been any new entries for six days, so apparently this topic is a lot less interesting than I thought. So...

@Zethor wins!

I liked all the descriptions, by the way. Some of them were too long to fit into the item description box on PSOBB. (I realize this wasn't mentioned as a rule, but I figured that went without saying.)

I'll keep the thread open if anyone else has cool ideas, but the contest is over :3

Please PM me or message me on Discord to collect your prize!

I thought for sure usagi would win, that pun was hilarious. Cool to see I pulled through; thanks again for the competition idea! Even if there weren't a lot of submissions, the ones we got were fun!

Reactions: Ade
Back