My game crashes often

Bliz

Guildcard
It seems to happen almost daily, usually either when joining a game or in the middle of combat. I haven't noticed any consistency in location, I just seem to crash anywhere, most recent one was during MA4 while fighting some Zus. Is there something I can do to fix this? If there's any info you need just ask me, I'm not really sure what info is relevant and what isn't. I'm on Windows 7 and just downloaded and ran the installer as-is and have been playing.

I don't know what kind of video card you have, but here are some things you can try:

1. Resetting all the 3D settings in your video card's Control Panel to the default. (This includes disabling ATI's RAPTR overlay.)
2. Setting PSO's graphic options to "Normal".
3. Updating your video card's drver.
4. Cleaning the inside of your PC and verify you've got adequate cooling for your processor and video card. (PSO likes to run at 100% on one core, so it generates more heat than it really needs to.)

At home, I have a GeForce 980 paired with an i7 and doesn't have any issues with PSO, but at work, I have a Intel HD Graphics 4000 (lol) paired with an i7 and whenever I need to log in at work, just to make an announcement in-game or something real quick, I'll sometimes (though not very often) crash during login or randomly in the lobby.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6900M video card.

1. My video card's control panel "catalyst control center" no longer works, I tried but haven't been able to fix it.
2. I'll try this.
3. Tried this before, it just messed things up and I had to restore back to before the driver update.
4. I can try this too.

I am getting a new computer soon anyway so I suppose if 2 and 4 don't help I will just wait and see how it runs on the new computer. Thanks for the advice~

Back