Multiple characters unable to log in!

Laranjinha

Since the server maintenance and the following patch to fix the tekking issue, I have found that I am unable to log in as some of the characters in my account.

I've been on and off with different characters throughout the day and have been playing daily for the past few weeks with no issues. However, I had been playing as one character for about 45 minutes before the update and logged back with the same character successfully since the initial maintenance break and the subsequent smaller patch. I then changed character a few minutes later. When changing, I passed character selection, and successfully chose a ship and block and at the moment when you are supposed to burst into the lobby, the screen went black momentarily and the client abruptly closed. During my own troubleshooting I noticed another character (in a different character bank) experiences the same issue, but crashes in between ship select and block select menus.

At first I thought that it may have been due to a corrupt character model or texture file, I replaced these files from both a friend's fully working client and from a fresh installation I made in a different directory. I had no success. I then tried to log in using a copy of the installation that I made in September 2021 (which was fully functional at the time) and the issues repeated. I then tested in on a fresh completely vanilla installation, (I opened the launcher, installed the update and then ran the game.) The issues persisted.

I then had a trusted friend who also plays PSO log into my account to see if the issue was local to my computer or network. The issue presented itself again. They have been playing with me for much of the day and has experienced nothing similar with their account.

I've tried logging in with each of the 11 characters on the account and just two seem to have this issue. I have attempted to log in with the problematic characters multiple times, but to no avail.

Can somebody help, please?

Fyi. The characters in question are on my hardcore account (respectively):

1. Mustard (bank 4)
2. Amethyst (bank 1)

Back