Mome was found dead today.

Comment from Mome's parents: "We came home from the shops to find our son in two pieces turned inside out. He was only 34. There was a used telepipe and a photon claw on the floor and an Ozzy disc in his walkman. So we called our lawyer."

The cause of death has been determined to be activating a telepipe during the third swing of a photon claw combo.

Mome's parents have filed suit against the manufacturers of the telepipe, photon claw, and Ozzy disc.

... I posted that on Gamefaqs back in 2001. Someone actually got the reference of what I was adapting to PSO. I don't remember having much trouble protecting him but apparently some people did. There was a legendary post by someone on Gamefaqs titled "I THAT MOME GUY HES A RETARTED!!!" that became a running joke as well as other things. I was surprised recently playing this one quest on GC recently that he lies down and plays dead during the fight with De Rol Le. I might quick run through it on DC to see if it was always that easy. What I'm probably thinking of is this 2001 Easter eAccess/ADSL advertising Japanese Quest you could get onto the US version, thought it was still in Japanese with quiz questions that had to be answered correctly, but fortunately there were guides with a map. I think in that you had to protect him standing during a De Rol Le battle, but on normal you got a Sting Tip, on hard you got a Flame Visit, and on Very Hard you got a Chainsawd. I think it was pretty difficult to protect him on Very Hard.

Also back on 2001 (reason I'm posting on this subforum), I made a custom Doom 2 map where you berserk punch and/or try to chainsaw a Cyberdemon and named it "Momes R Us." The architecture is inspired by the Sci Fi series Lexx. "May his Divine Shadow fall upon you." It was quite funny testing a three player game in it. I see people have upped the anty in related videos taking on multiple cyberdemons (on one difficult in multiplayer I have two in my map) or not using berserk.

If you go to the actual youtube page there's links in the description.

Back