Material resets, Hardcore Scape Doll changes

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
You can now reset the material usage on your character for free. Type /matreset in the lobby and then once more within 20 seconds to confirm a material reset. This will reset all your materials apart from HP/TP.

It is now more difficult to acquire a Scape Doll in Hardcore mode. The only way to acquire a Scape Doll in Hardcore mode is from a random box or monster drop.

Scape Dolls can also no longer be acquired as a quest reward and you will end up with a Trimate as your reward instead. The quest text will still say you got a Scape Doll, but that's because it's really not worth it to create an alternate quest for every quest in Hardcore mode that could pass out a Scape Doll and then add additional code in the ship to send that quest when loaded on Hardcore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it sneaky? I just wanted to make sure people know it doesn't cost anything. Like Photon Drops, Money, or part of your soul. You're already paying the price for having to find and ingest another 150 to 250 materials, so that's probably cost enough. :p

as cool as this is, is the quest text thing gonna get fixed any time in the future? not that I personally have a problem with it, but it might piss some people off thinking they got a scape <_<

Nope. That would require me to make a duplicate quest to change the scripting just for a niche mode, then also add a check in the ship to send the "HC" version of that quest upon loading. Not worth it. If you can't remember the change while playing HC mode or get pissed about it, it sounds like a personal problem.

lol, Soly. ;) And, no, Magaki, HP and TP mats don't get reset. There's not really a point to reset those. Unless you're just trying to make it so you fall over again...

Thanks a lot, I was always hoping for the ability to mat reset, because I messed up on my HUnewearl.

Back