Lower Red Ring Req Level

SE24

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been done before... but here goes.

180 for red ring seems awfully high to use an item, at least to me. This is half way through your characters life on the way to 200. It seems a real shame to be able to use one of the best items for only half the time you play a character.

I am suggesting changing the requirement to 150 or 160, to balance out it's useful life a little more, and bring it more in line with Aura Field and BOVN (arguably two of the best armours and highest level req's in game, after red ring).

Be really keen to hear what everyone else thinks :)

Cheers,

SE

Moved the topic ^.~

I think that, with RR being much rarer, this is an interesting idea.
The main problem I have with it is that it makes the best shield in the game even more desirable.
I'm not completely against it though.

the only direction rr's requirements would go is up.

it is the best shield in the game by a large margin, to the point where once you hit 180 other shields may as well not exist (to compare with armors where there are a variety you can pick from)

I personally wouldn't mind it being something like 160... but nothing less since it would be too easily achievable. Though I see no issue with 180 as it is tbh. If someone is committed to hunting it they'll most likely be 180... Plus There are other alternatives (for some classes) at levels alot earlier.

I personally don't see why it shouldn't be 180.

In every video game ever, the best items are always the ones which have the most requirements, so there is a sense of progression and for other items to have usefulness; the best items are always the rarest as well.

I'd personally leave it at is, 180 is halfway through a character's life which is more than enough to use a Red Ring if you find one.

Back