Looking for an awesome Double Saber!

rabb1t

level 9999 rabbit overlord, level 50 new yorker
Guildcard
currently lookin' for an awesome Double Saber! anyone have any recommendations on where i should farm to obtain one?

as a note, i'm level 102 on HC. i'm also down to play with whoever.

gotta hit 200 eventually

B)

currently lookin' for an awesome Double Saber! anyone have any recommendations on where i should farm to obtain one?

as a note, i'm level 102 on HC. i'm also down to play with whoever.

gotta hit 200 eventually

B)
I'm assuming you want a double saber for dealing decent damage on your HUcaseal. These are the notable ones for HUcaseal to get.

Early on, you should get one of the following if they're convenient to get. These will last you for quite a while:
  • Demolition Comet
  • Meteor Cudgel
Later on, you can get one of the following. High-end double sabers like these greatly benefit from area % attributes (and hit%, although as a HUcaseal you have less demand for hit). These will be long hunts if you want particularly good stats:
  • Black King Bar: made from a Monkey King Bar and a Blue-Black Stone, due to the latter it's rather expensive to get. Highest ATP out of all double sabers.
  • Vivienne: Female-only double saber which you can share with other female classes you have. Second highest ATP out of all double sabers.
  • Double Cannon: requires three extremely rare items to create, not really worth the time unless you really like how it looks, or plan to use its rather unique special. Slightly weaker than Vivienne in damage.
These are notable for their utility:
  • Twin Blaze: allows you to cast a low level Gifoie. Used to stun certain charging enemies and works well with Freeze Traps, since traps will detonate instantly while the Gifoie is active. Usable by Hunters and Rangers, but is mostly used on android classes.
  • Girasole: its special drains HP, which is useful for advanced tactics such as using Dark Flow's special or for abusing 1/10 HP mag trigger, and not particularly useful if you don't use either. Its damage is comparable to Demolition Comet.
To find out where to get them, I suggest using the "alt-p" bot on the official discord.

Just to expand on what Melirei said...

None of the specials on the first 5 weapons are that useful for a HUcaseal, so you're really looking at pure damage.

Demolition Comet - 530 ATP (580 ATP w/Grind) - 38 ATA
Meteor Cudgel - 300 to 560 ATP (330 to 590 ATP w/Grind) - 42 ATA

PSO has the bad habit of only showing you maximum ATP when looking at weapons. For this reason it looks like Meteor Cudgel is stronger, where in reality it's on average 95 ATP weaker than Demolition Comet. Meteor Cudgel also has the same special as Black King Bar (I'm assuming it's unreduced too since it's 10 Star), so it'll serve as a nice weapon until you get one.

As for the upgrades, a Vivienne is by far the easiest to get, and has 675 to 690 ATP at max Grind; which makes it stronger than Double Cannon. Black King Bar 750 to 760 ATP at max Grind, so is probably the one to get in the long run.

So my suggestion is to get a Demolition Comet, then a Vivienne, and finally a Black King Bar.

What Melirei says about the Twin Blaze and Girasole is very true too. Girasole also has a ridiculous autolock on its special, so you can use it to do a 180 turn mid-combo.

Server wise I'd just pick up a Vivi 1st, we have 30 hit event ones floating around that are pretty cheap (10-15pd)

Just to expand on what Melirei said...

None of the specials on the first 5 weapons are that useful for a HUcaseal, so you're really looking at pure damage.

Demolition Comet - 530 ATP (580 ATP w/Grind) - 38 ATA
Meteor Cudgel - 300 to 560 ATP (330 to 590 ATP w/Grind) - 42 ATA

PSO has the bad habit of only showing you maximum ATP when looking at weapons. For this reason it looks like Meteor Cudgel is stronger, where in reality it's on average 95 ATP weaker than Demolition Comet. Meteor Cudgel also has the same special as Black King Bar (I'm assuming it's unreduced too since it's 10 Star), so it'll serve as a nice weapon until you get one.

As for the upgrades, a Vivienne is by far the easiest to get, and has 675 to 690 ATP at max Grind; which makes it stronger than Double Cannon. Black King Bar 750 to 760 ATP at max Grind, so is probably the one to get in the long run.

So my suggestion is to get a Demolition Comet, then a Vivienne, and finally a Black King Bar.

What Melirei says about the Twin Blaze and Girasole is very true too. Girasole also has a ridiculous autolock on its special, so you can use it to do a 180 turn mid-combo.
A typo perhaps, Meteor Cudgel has Blizzard, while Demolition Comet has Devil's, which is the same as BKB. Also Double Cannon has the same special as Girasole if I'm not mistaken, except it drains less HP.

Yes, that was a typo, you're right. XD

I'm in favour of the Demolition Comet with its set 580 ATP and Devil's.

You're also right on the Double Cannon having the same special as Girasole, so it's a natural upgrade there. It's far more expensive to get though, and I'm not sure if it's less HP or not.

Back