Longtime player looking for help

Hi, I'm Ryan and I've played PSO extensively on Gamecube and PSOBB on SCHTHACK and also Ultima. I've poured a ton of time into this game, and me and a friend were thinking of starting up again on this server as it seems pretty true to the original game.

In the past, I had a ton of time to pour into the game, but now I have way less time. I'm curious to ask the community: what section IDs and/or classes are going to make the general grind a bit quicker for me? I've played HUCast, RAMar, RAMarl, and HUNewearl extensively and did a little research on drop charts on this server, and I was thinking of rolling a ranger but I'm having a tough time figuring out a section ID that's going to be profitable with a (slightly) lower time investment. Thanks for any help!

Hi Ryan! I'm Ryan.

Out of those four classes, HUcast is the most fun to play IMO, especially if you plan on playing with a friend! As far as Section ID goes, I'd recommend one of Skyly, Purplenum, Redria, or Whitill.

Thanks for your replies, friends! I used to play mostly only with my good friend, but now I plan on playing a lot more solo. I was lightly considering RAcast or RAcaseal, especially since Hunters have been somewhat lackluster late game in my experience. Skyly does seem like it'd be a good id on any of these, being able to find red ring and lame d'argent. On the last server I played on, some of the great endgames items (v101, adept) were actually pretty easy to come by. How much do v101 and limiter usually go for on this server?

Welcome to ephineeeea :)

Limiter is pretty expensive. As far as section ID goes, you're going to have a tough time playing solo as a Skyly Ranger. Yellowboze is a great ID. Then I'd say Purplenum and Greenill.

Welcome to Ephinea. Catch me in game I might have some stuff for you!

Welcome, i'll take your avatar as a proof of your excelent taste in games, is nice to have you here.

Not an expert nor a ranger player but I'd say:
-V101=12-16
-Limiter=25-30
-Whitil & Skyly are strongs ID's in general; Purple recently got HS PoD.

Back