Locked at 22 fps since last dll update?

Echelon

PSOBB plastic surgeon
Hi,
This problem never happened to me before. Today after i updated the game i started to play, and then my fps suddenly dropped at a constant 14 fps . After i restarted the client and my computer, the game is now locked permanently at 22 fps, whatever the settings/resolutions i'm using.
Tried to update my drivers, to change priority on task manager, power management, didn't changed anything.

Have my PSO folder in the antivirus exclusions and running as admin.
Windows 10-64bit, I7-7700HQ, 8Go Ram, GeForce GTX 1050

Edit: Also tried to remove plugins, deleted ephinea.dll and redownloaded, still locked.

Last edited:
No idea. I doubt the DLL update had anything at all to do with it, but do hope you figure it out!

I’m guessing you cleared all custom graphics settings in your NVIDIA Control Panel too.

Good luck!

No idea. I doubt the DLL update had anything at all to do with it, but do hope you figure it out!

I’m guessing you cleared all custom graphics settings in your NVIDIA Control Panel too.

Good luck!

Thanks.
Yes i did, still digging what could cause this. Nothing running in background, nothing changed on my hardware since yesterday and i was running it just fine until then.

I installed a fresh PSOBB client on my desktop and dragged and dropped my data folder and my plug-ins in it. Everything works fine now. Still don't know what happened with the other client, oh well i'm glad i can play again :)

Reactions: Eva
Ok, after this happened again and numerous tests, it looks like VLC player interfere with PSO in some way.
The weird part is that i get 22 fps if i close/terminate VLC, I open VLC again (not even playing something) and it gets back to full speed... o_O

Maybe you have some weird downclocking thing going on?

Nothing deliberate :(
If i deinstall VLC the problem persists, i have to run it in the background in order to play PSO. Nothing else is affected. I run other games like warframe at max settings and getting 60 fps at all time.

Last edited:
You said you dropped the data folder in...Could a file in there have the problem latched to it, perhaps?

Back