Launcher Error After Recent Update

SE24

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is not the right section! I updated a few days ago and now get the following error when launching the game:

Capture error.PNG

The game will still run after clicking OK, but the announcement section of the launcher is blank, so I cannot see news, recent update info, etc

Any help appreciated!

SE

Looks like you have insufficient permissions for the launcher to write files in that particular folder.

Only two solutions exist for this.

1) Run the launcher as an Administrator. (Not recommended.)

2) Move your game folder to a folder you have permissions to write to. Like a folder underneath your user folder.

Thank you for the fast response Sodaboy!

Running as administrator did not fix the issue, I can look into moving my game folder out of program files to somewhere else, but I am not sure how to know which locations will work, and which ones won't.

Do you know why Microsoft Edge would need write access to the pso folder in the first place? I never use Edge, only Firefox and sometimes Chrome, but I am not sure why an internet browser would need to read or write to the game directory?

Thank you for the fast response Sodaboy!

Running as administrator did not fix the issue, I can look into moving my game folder out of program files to somewhere else, but I am not sure how to know which locations will work, and which ones won't.

Do you know why Microsoft Edge would need write access to the pso folder in the first place? I never use Edge, only Firefox and sometimes Chrome, but I am not sure why an internet browser would need to read or write to the game directory?

Soda suggested the C:\Users\<username>\EphineaPSO folder, i personally have mine on root C:\EphineaPSO and its never given me issues, you could also try Windows Documents folder, or even just from the Desktop. Just remember to move the entire EphineaPSO folder and not just an .exe or such out of the folder to a new location, otherwise that won't work; nor will adding shortcuts to new location but leaving the folder in the same location.

As for why M$ Edge specifically, i don't know. But, the launcher's internal web browser (that which shows the announcement section) was switched to a WebView2 class which uses Chromium, so that is why a browser would need read/write permissions. Pre-update, the launcher used a class that operates on Internet Explorer

Thank you for the info, I will try moving the folder to a higher level and report back!

Back