Knight of Coral Disaster

Namakemono

A while ago, I proposed an idea for a quest geared towards the veterans of the server, and for those who have already gone through the trials and tribulations of grinding. An ideal quest that newcomers would likely not pick up, but veterans would be all over. After much thought was put down and the idea seemed generally accepted by most people, I have thought of a way to implement this rather fairly.

While the core idea was aroused from the lack of motivation to grind as a veteran and having empathy for said veterans, I have thought of ways to make this more than just practical, but also interesting. After analyzing the Knight of Coral series, I have finally decided to install the third and final episode as an Episode 4 grind quest that continues the story. Specifically Knight of Coral Advent (Episode 2), is known for its brutal difficulty and arduous length that takes a toll on the player. With enough skill and determination, it is possible to complete this quest in a few hours. Before I continue discussing this however, I shall talk about global flags.

There are a certain amount of global flags, so their uses are quite limited. From what I recall, these flags are used to remember values that are locked onto the character. These values are used in mainly government quests as a way to remember progression and unlock new quests. What I propose is something similar, but unfortunately, I am unsure as to how global flags truly work. Before I go in balls deep and develop all of the desired script for the quest, I need clarification on many things. Is it possible to activate a quest and manipulate a certain value that will be remembered on that person's entire account upon reaching a certain script, be it detected by the server or what have you?

Once Knight of Coral Advent has been completed on Ultimate mode, and Ultimate mode only, the account will be marked as valid for playing Knight of Coral Disaster in Episode 4. This act is a seal of approval of sorts that shows that you are indeed a veteran and it is okay for you to skip the grinding aspect on lower difficulties. This only needs to be done on one character, and then any future characters will be viable for playing Knight of Coral Disaster on any difficulty except ultimate.

Once beginning Knight of Coral Disaster, you will be met with a cutscene or NPC that looks to validate you. As discussed before, the level limit is 80, and once your level is >= 80, you shall be kicked from the get go. If you are >= 20 on Normal mode or >=40 on Hard mode, you will also be booted from the quest to make sure the difficulty stays difficult and that the player does not cheaply grind off of mobs on a difficulty beneath them. As Episode 4 is known for having Photon Crystals, I would say Photon Crystals (you decide how many) would be the toll for entering, much like Black Paper Deal. The same rules shall apply; with or without scape dolls, the moment you die, you shall be booted from the quest. There are no shops, no banking, no telepipes, and all drops are disabled. The advantage here would be boosted EXP followed by a boss battle at the end. Preferably, the exp modifier should be high enough to get your desired level in at least one run before you are ready to proceed to the next difficulty. Ideally, it would take at minimum 3 (times the base requirement per run) Photon Crystals to go from level 1 to level 80, as there are only three difficulties before Ultimate.

This sounds really cool and I don't have an answer to your question but I thought I'd post B)

Back