KB+M or Controller?

• KB+M

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Controller

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Both?

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
I use strictly a keyboard, but that poll option wasn't available so I just chose KB+M.

How about the best of both worlds?

Xbox One Elite Controller + Xbox Chatpad

Can type without having to set the controller down, also can use the 1 - 0 keys on the chatpad.

I use Controller with the numpad. If you have direct chat enabled and numlock off, you can press the numpad keys in the customize menu to set it for stuff. IIRC, it switches to regular number row when direct chat's disabled.

Control Differences:

- Controller is easier to aim, and move around with.
- Keyboard has faster menu scroll speed, and has 0-9 & F1-F12 shortcuts.

You could also just use Xpadder, or Joy2key to get the best of both worlds on controller.

I prefer keyboard for Force since having the shortcut keys is very important for being efficient while menuing.
On Hunter/Ranger I prefer controller since for me personally it is easier to aim.
Mapping shortcuts to your controller using programs like Xpadder makes it an even stronger option.

It's all just preference in the end, there really is no best option just choose what you are comfortable with.

Last edited:
Big s/o to @NDW and @Spuz for patiently helping me get Pallete Manager set up. I now have a new outlook for FO'ing with a controller, and it's beautiful IMO.

Before anyone says KB only for effective FO, I know it's likely more efficient. But playing games on a KB is not native to me and actually hurts my hands after extended play, which is a big no-no as my work is highly dependent on my hands (full time musician).

Thanks guys, I'm super excited to get better at FO now.

10856686_229409897229400_1365953102869443972_o-e1426667768381.jpg

Back