Keep getting disconnected

jking47

Hey, I just started playing on this server, really enjoying it. But the past couple days I keep getting disconnected. I can play for some amount of time, usually about 15 minutes but sometimes more/less, then it gives me an error. No.100, there's no connection available, please check cable, etc. Ethernet is plugged in, I can play other games online no problem. Please let me know how I can fix this, or any other info I can give to help. I just want to keep playing some PSO, thanks!

Hmm, every 15 minutes truly sucks. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Well if your other games are fine and you're sure your router is ok, it could be hardware/software related. Did you update anything recently within the timeframe of starting playing PSO to the time you started getting these problems? This can also happen frequently if someone else knows your account info. Error 100 can be associated with a login on your account disconnecting your current session. If your information stored on any other computer/laptop in the house? Do you have any seedy applications or executables that you've downloaded lately? Specifically trainers? Those contain keyloggers which can sacrifice your account info.

Also it should be noted, Microsoft has recently put out forced updates into windows systems that are up to date, attempting to FORCE them to upgrade to windows 10. I'd check your updates and see what Microshaft has been up to, it could be that you're getting disconnected when the refresh for the prompt to update goes to your PC.

Hmmm no, have not downloaded anything lately, not using trainers or anything and login info only saved on my personal computer. I am already on windows 10 so I don't think that is the issue. I will try to figure out if its my router that is causing the problem.

It's certainly possible. Also consider that windows 10 is still very new and plagued with lots of problems so you will encounter things that most people wont be able to help with. Hope you get it solved. :p

This can also happen frequently if someone else knows your account info. Error 100 can be associated with a login on your account disconnecting your current session. If your information stored on any other computer/laptop in the house? Do you have any seedy applications or executables that you've downloaded lately? Specifically trainers? Those contain keyloggers which can sacrifice your account info.
If someone logged his account, he would receive a message about his account being logged on (that would drastically change things).

You didn't say (and don't have to) but, how good is your internet and does the dcs happen on all ships?
Ephinea has 3 ships, 2 on US and 1 on Europe (unless it has changed), try the nearest ship to you maybe?

My internet is okay, its comcast cable(yeah they suck sometimes), has been totally fine playing games like dota, counter strike, etc. Even works when me and little brother are both playing games usually (He has not been home today when I have been trying to play PSO so that is not the issue). I live in California, assumed the first ship was the closest to me. I just tried ship 2, got almost 20 minutes into my quest and it disconnected again. Not sure what else to try here :(

I suggested account login because sometimes I see error 100 when I accidentally kick myself with dual client lol. That might be centralized to me booting myself though so idk :p. It could be a cable going bad but I don't know. Try disabling antivirus and playing for a while and see if you still get d/c, I remember that solving someones issue on scht a few years ago. Something about their AV not liking certain things PSO sends?

I just tried with avast disabled, got the same error before I was even able to get into the lobby. I don't think it is the cable, since everything else works fine, but I guess I can try swapping that out tomorrow.

Since I was having other issues with the router (it is the crappy xfinity router+modem) I decided to replace it, will be getting new modem and router tonight. Hopefully that will fix the issue!

Yeah, it looks like that was the problem. Should have replaced it sooner. Thanks for trying to help everyone!

Back