Just installed Solybum addons, nothing but crashes.

DriftenXI

Guildcard
Hey everyone, first time posting, but I recently stumbled onto Solys addons and they look incredible. I quickly followed AGGREBEE guide on installing them, booted up first time no problems. Loaded into lobby and looking at all the different windows and settings (didn't actually change anything yet) quickly made a room to go test things out, and crash, swapped to an alt CRASH. Not getting any bug reports, or windows errors, nothing, the game just closes as soon as I load into a private room.

Is there a log file that shows LUA errors in the addons? I've been looking through all the addons files to see maybe a LUA error is causing the crash.

Any help I can get is appreciated, if I'm posting in the wrong forum my apologies.

Thanks in advanced

this happens to me too, only with those addons too. I crash as soon as i approach the door to the teleporter down to ragol

this happens to me too, only with those addons too. I crash as soon as i approach the door to the teleporter down to ragol
It sounds like you installed an older version of the base plugin (dinput8.dll) along with newer versions of the addons. There were significant changes to the base plugin 4 years ago, and these changes cause newer versions of the addons to *not* work with previous versions of the base plugin (which was last updated in 2017).

Are you sure you installed correct version of the base plugin (bbmod.zip from https://github.com/Solybum/psobbaddonplugin/releases/latest )? Also, which guide did you follow just in case there's some random guide out there still pointing people to the wrong version of the base plugin.

It sounds like you installed an older version of the base plugin (dinput8.dll) along with newer versions of the addons. There were significant changes to the base plugin 4 years ago, and these changes cause newer versions of the addons to *not* work with previous versions of the base plugin (which was last updated in 2017).

Are you sure you installed correct version of the base plugin (bbmod.zip from https://github.com/Solybum/psobbaddonplugin/releases/latest )? Also, which guide did you follow just in case there's some random guide out there still pointing people to the wrong version of the base plugin.
yep that was it, fixed it, i think i copied the extra files over to the folder, the .gitignore and all that, i think thats what did it. fixed it and it all works now thx^^

Back