Job Completion Kicking Me Out

Guildcard
I'm new to the server but not to PSO. I grew up playing it on the DreamCast and the GameCube and am playing through the "pure" experience on Devaloka. I'm enjoying the game so far and I appreciate the efforts of those who built and maintain the server...

buuuuuut....

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature that every time I complete a Hunter's Guild Quest or Government Quest, whether I fail it or am successful, I am immediately kicked back to the server select ship, whatever it's called.

If a bug...does anyone know what I might do about it?

If a feature...why? In the world? Would that be the way to do it?

Any and all help and advice appreciated ^_^

Also, I apologize if this has already been addressed. I couldn't find it in the forums.

Nevermind. Did some more searching and found out that this is just the way the game is online. I never played Blue Burst so I guess I'm new to that aspect of the game.

Still, if there were a way to circumnavigate this issue that'd be great as a feature in a future update. Being suddenly shunted out of regular play like that over and over again feels like being part of a train derailment. Nothing says tedium like having to recreate your lobby every time your character does anything of import.

from my understanding this is a technical limitation to how the game was made otherwise it would have been done already

even in v1/2 there was a long loading screen after each quest as it reset to a free roam state, considering there is no load screens on ephinea there really isn’t any difference in time spent getting to your next quest. You can also further optimize by using the original dreamcast lobbies (11/12 etc) as they spawn you closer to the lobby ladies.

I'm new to the server but not to PSO. I grew up playing it on the DreamCast and the GameCube and am playing through the "pure" experience on Devaloka. I'm enjoying the game so far and I appreciate the efforts of those who built and maintain the server...

buuuuuut....

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature that every time I complete a Hunter's Guild Quest or Government Quest, whether I fail it or am successful, I am immediately kicked back to the server select ship, whatever it's called.

If a bug...does anyone know what I might do about it?

If a feature...why? In the world? Would that be the way to do it?

Any and all help and advice appreciated ^_^

Also, I apologize if this has already been addressed. I couldn't find it in the forums.
EEEEEEeeeeee! Yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! W...why only play on 'pure' mode, luv? The QoL Perks TOO MUSHY for you~? You're prolly one of those Proud Wolf types, aren;t ya~?? <3! Welcome HOME! =3

EEEEEEeeeeee! Yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! W...why only play on 'pure' mode, luv? The QoL Perks TOO MUSHY for you~? You're prolly one of those Proud Wolf types, aren;t ya~?? <3! Welcome HOME! =3
You're a silly person but you seem supportive.

I just like the original game, find nothing wrong with it, and there's still plenty I haven't done with it. I don't really know what the quality-of-life perks you're referring to are but if they have anything to do with accelerating the game play or messing with drop rates then I'm not interested in that. I liked the game I used to play, and Harry Potter trusted the man he knew. I have no idea what a "Proud Wolf type" is ha ha

I am still annoyed at having to re-enter my server every time I do anything that matters but if that's all I have to put up with to play the game then it's a small price. Also, I've never played Episode IV so looking forward to that.

I find that very annoying as well but I guess we have to live with it. I may be wrong, but I do remember the GC version doing the same when playing online.

There are other QOL features that are very good though, like increased meseta cap, shared bank etc…

Also, there’s no episode 4 on Devaloka.

even in v1/2 there was a long loading screen after each quest as it reset to a free roam state, considering there is no load screens on ephinea there really isn’t any difference in time spent getting to your next quest. You can also further optimize by using the original dreamcast lobbies (11/12 etc) as they spawn you closer to the lobby ladies.
Just to add to this, if for whatever effed up reason you want to enable loading screens you can just type /burstpref in game.

I find that very annoying as well but I guess we have to live with it. I may be wrong, but I do remember the GC version doing the same when playing online.

There are other QOL features that are very good though, like increased meseta cap, shared bank etc…

Also, there’s no episode 4 on Devaloka.
Oh, that's weird it gives me the option to choose it. I haven't tried choosing it, however.

I bet there's a list on here somewhere with all the QoL stuff. I'll just have to search it out.

Back