Item loss bug.

player1

Player
Guildcard
I was in a room and had been kicked twice, came back in to " have synced to room too many times" error message. When I entered the next game My equipped gear - my mag and my weapons we all missing tried to relog with no success.

I'm not really worried about retrieving my items because I'm new to server (not a big loss) but would hate to see this happen to someone with "High end" gear

Thanks much :)

I've never seen the server delete all of a character's inventory, if that's what you're claiming happened.

From what I can read about your error message, you got the "You have lost synchronization with the server too often in this game. You have been disconnected." message.

Looking at the log:

[12-02-2015, 17:33:39] 42001171 (Player2) tried to perform an invalid item combination.
[12-02-2015, 17:34:35] 42001171 (Player2) failed to use an item.
[12-02-2015, 17:34:37] 42001171 (Player2) failed to equip an item.
[12-02-2015, 17:34:44] 42001171 (Player2) failed to remove equipment.
[12-02-2015, 17:34:44] 42001171 (Player2) failed to equip an item.
[12-02-2015, 17:34:45] 42001171 (Player2) was disconnected for exceeding the desynchronization threshold.

I'm not sure what you were doing at 17:33:39 to get an invalid item combination error, but the fact is, if you get one of those messages, you shouldn't keep tinkering around with your inventory or whatever. You should leave the game, switch blocks, and come back, as the warning message states. Because, whatever you're doing past that point, the server is not keeping track of it correctly.

This typically happens when the connection between the server and yourself is poor and the state of the game on your side is not what the server thinks it is.

This can also happen when a person is cheating. Not saying you are, but this message will also occur when that is happening as well. It's usually lag, though.

Not my whole inventory just some and yeah It kicked me when i got the error so i logged out. Thanks for getting back so quick.

Also I only play on the up and up :) (know you weren't accusing me)

Also I was in town so message about equipping and using items I was just walking So I have no Idea what that's about

OK! Just know, if you even get one of those messages, you should bounce... 'cuz, as an example, say on your side, you equipped something, then sorted your inventory, then sold something to the shop. If you did that after one of the warnings, an item in one slot may not be in the same slot on the server's side. So, selling something from your inventory may have the server sell the wrong item. Sure, it looks fine on your side, but the server has a different view. Then you go to equip something and there is nothing in that slot on the server side, so it complains again... and so on until you get disconnected then come back and your inventory is not what you thought it was...

In the past, the server used to disconnect on EVERY desync, but now only does it on the 5th desync. We do it now this way so people can just leave the game, change blocks and come back instead of going through the whole log on process again... But yeah, when that message comes up, you should always bounce.

If you're AFK you shouldn't be capable of performing any actions that would cause your client to desync from the server... (unless you're playing with others, in which case you should probably assume something is wrong if you come back and everybody's gone).

falkenjeff said:
eg: petting cats, multi-clienting, looking away because this is a braindead game and then looking up and seeing the tail-end of a banner and going "what did I miss? an item drop, a hardcore death, a GM message, or a desync?"
I suppose I could make it send a mail to you too. :p

Back