It was never meant to end like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goker

This tragedy begins with my account, despite selecting normal, being made hardcore. Lacking foresight and wanting to get the show moving for the friends I was playing with, I did not make an entire new account.

After a journey of thrills and peril, I somehow managed to make it to the ruins with my friends, where I would meet my fate. It was a room much like any other, we were just about to kill the last Del Saber when a party member accidentally used Photon Burst. What a joker! Little did we know this would turn out to be a killing joke, as upon the burst's completion I was dead and disconnected. Now, I was at full health or therabouts upon the burst's usage, the only enemy in the room was the Del Saber that was paying no attention to me, and as far as I know gameplay stops during the burst's animation. Nonetheless I was dead, and the death registered quite perfectly when I found my character list empty. I come here on the off chance there's a way of salvaging this situation, and if you'd be willing to do such a thing.

I mean, you said it yourself, you knew you were on hardcore and decided not to remake your account regardless.

It would be cool if you got help though.

RIP, ya big Goker

rD1a86l.jpg

such is the risk of playing hardcore mode. best option is to either make a new character or create a normal mode account this time.

sorry for your loss.

pso131777418780802294.jpg

God bless you Goker. This Zu here symbolizes you, and yet... radiant and shimmering you shall return to lead a new and more powerful life. Rise from the ashes like a beautiful Phoenix.

I was in Gokers party when this happened, and it went down exactly as mentioned. Goker was at full health, a party member used their PB, Goker DC'd and the death banner scrolled. The previous night our party experienced similar DCs, including Goker, though without the perma-death. I myself DC'd shortly after Gokers death in a similar way. So I guess what I want to ask is if Auldrant in particular has a history of frequent network errors, and if HC accounts are known to kill when connection is dropped. We might not be able to do anything about what already happened, but it would be nice to know for the future.

Disconnecting cannot kill you, as all combat is handled client side. If a Hardcore character dies without a Scape Doll, they are instantly disconnected.

There won't be any sort of restoration, making an account Hardcore by accident is kind of your fault.

Thanks for the response, glad to know it was just an exceptionally juicy lag spike and not an intended feature. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back