It feels good to be back

Scribe86

Hey everyone.

Long time PSO fan, but never dipped my toe properly into BB until recently. Had PSO, V2 & Ep 1&2 on DC & GC but recently snagged a steam deck with the idea that at first it is going to be my dedicated PSOBB devise (crazy I know considering what is under the hood - but whatever). Glad to be here, been online for about 2 weeks and about 70 hours in already, working through normal diff solo/gov quests atm with my Formar - first time giving a force a whirl but wanted a real challenge to keep this exp fresh.
Hope to catch some of you online, from the U.K so dunno whether that’ll be an issue time zone wise but down to collectively crush some creatures.
Hopefully see ya on Ragol sometime.

Peace,
Scribe.

Welcome aboard the Ephinea family :D I just got into BB as well so I been doing that story grind as well. I don't know too much about the different game modes or all the quests that are available to us besides the story quests, so always down to get together and try some sometime :) Hopefully you keep enjoying yourself though, and don't forget to have fun slaying all the furry creatures in Ragol! *Because they bit first, obviously*

Hey everyone.

Long time PSO fan, but never dipped my toe properly into BB until recently. Had PSO, V2 & Ep 1&2 on DC & GC but recently snagged a steam deck with the idea that at first it is going to be my dedicated PSOBB devise (crazy I know considering what is under the hood - but whatever). Glad to be here, been online for about 2 weeks and about 70 hours in already, working through normal diff solo/gov quests atm with my Formar - first time giving a force a whirl but wanted a real challenge to keep this exp fresh.
Hope to catch some of you online, from the U.K so dunno whether that’ll be an issue time zone wise but down to collectively crush some creatures.
Hopefully see ya on Ragol sometime.

Peace,
Scribe.
EEEeeeeeeeeee!!!! *POUNCES and examines Scribe-san carefully~!* Aaaaand yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! FOrces, Starting out aren't easy in the slightest variation of any word! They not only start us off EXTRA SQUISHY.....but....DIRT POOR, Too?!!! SRSLY???? Props for keeping your experience 'fresh' , luv! If mew were to have gotten her tiny paws on you earlier....you'd prolly has a decent MIND mag and support techs to try keeping you and others Alive or Sane! <3 XD! In case you're wondering where all the old Console storyline quests are hiding.....Seek My Master.....Waterfall tears.....Dr. Osto's Research, etc....it's in EP1 "Single player" mode at the lobby counter! Once inside the hunters guild you choose "Side Story" and complete all the boring ass tutorials first! <3! Hope that halps any curiosities you might've had gnawing a you~! Looking forward to Pouncing and laying wiff you, too! Welcome Home!
Cheers, luv! =3!

Last edited:
Its cool seeing the steam deck bring so many people back to this game lol. I for one loved playing this game portably in around 2016 on my gpd win 1.
I personally suggest you dual boot windows so that you can play ephinea as well as using addons such as the .lua floor reader as these addons do not work properly within steam os

Thanks a lot for all of your warm welcomes. I’m sure I’ll get to jump into a game with you all at some point. I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon :).

@TheDealer so down for some multiplayer quests soon, even the Gov ones? The Government Mines quest 3-2 where you gotta escape in the 5 min time limit almost made me pull my hair out. 5 times it took.

@Harborer of Hope if you see me in game please pounce away, I’d be offended if you didn’t ;). I’m actually one quest away from getting the Soul Eater on solo quests. PSO world has been a great help with guides. I am fortunate to work from home so have been mag feeding whilst working and now got a lvl 200 one but kinda screwed that stats up so working on another solely mind one.

@CARNAGE thank you brother, my 15 yr old self barely scratched the surface of PSO when I played back in the day so it’s a real eye opener to see all that BB/Ephinea has to offer.

@SirLagsAlot Totally, now I don’t feel like I have to slink off from my family to play and can chill in the living room and be partially social. I’m trying to source a reasonably priced GPD Win 1 for a friend to get him back into BB - kind of like a PSO pusher atm with him lol. Ok I think I was told about this floor reader - you get to see all drops for everyone right? That sounds cool. Ok now to work out how to get windows working in desktop mode on S/D. Thanks for the tips.

& @Kanister Yes mate, nice to see you yesterday. Have to hook up online again soon, was a good game.

Much love,
Scribe

Last edited:
It is actually mindblowing to see that many new faces arriving here. And not everyone is saying "Hello" in the forums. So I guess there is quite a player surge going on? Anyways..

Hello Scribe, I welcome you most warmly to Ephinea. It is the best feeling PSO experience that I know of. I was also playing on the DC back then. I was about 13 years young. After that GC and XBOX.

I can tell you already are pretty invested. 70 hrs.. wow. Probably only possible due to the handheld format of the SteamDeck. Well with your family and all.
I myself have three sons and a wife. There is only so much time I have to play PSO.

Hope to see you online. I live in Austria, so the TimeZone is no issue for me.

Thanks a lot for all of your warm welcomes. I’m sure I’ll get to jump into a game with you all at some point. I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon :).

@TheDealer so down for some multiplayer quests soon, even the Gov ones? The Government Mines quest 3-2 where you gotta escape in the 5 min time limit almost made me pull my hair out. 5 times it took.

@Harborer of Hope if you see me in game please pounce away, I’d be offended if you didn’t ;). I’m actually one quest away from getting the Soul Eater on solo quests. PSO world has been a great help with guides. I am fortunate to work from home so have been mag feeding whilst working and now got a lvl 200 one but kinda screwed that stats up so working on another solely mind one.

@CARNAGE thank you brother, my 15 yr old self barely scratched the surface of PSO when I played back in the day so it’s a real eye opener to see all that BB/Ephinea has to offer.

@SirLagsAlot Totally, now I don’t feel like I have to slink off from my family to play and can chill in the living room and be partially social. I’m trying to source a reasonably priced GPD Win 1 for a friend to get him back into BB - kind of like a PSO pusher atm with him lol. Ok I think I was told about this floor reader - you get to see all drops for everyone right? That sounds cool. Ok now to work out how to get windows working in desktop mode on S/D. Thanks for the tips.

& @Kanister Yes mate, nice to see you yesterday. Have to hook up online again soon, was a good game.

Much love,
Scribe
*Puts Scribe-san on her 'POUNCE on SIGHT!' list!* >=3
OH! Forgot to mention...in accordance wiff your forums Avatar pic... we DO has Space Harrier as a mewsic disc to play in game~! <3!

Back