is there any possibility of you work also in a pso V2 project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legit nyck

It would be interesting to a server psoV2 tethealla fully compatible with the current project psobb
where also was possible the connection of ships PSOBB <--> PSOV2
I don't know if it's wise of you but I attended many debates on this issue and no one never got a straight answer see this topic
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/sodaboys ... dex17.html
I imagine the reason for tethealla players are unable to even get an idea of how the schtserv got this fact is the incompatibility of softwares
what you have to say about that?

are you drunk or something? bb is actually the harder platform to write a server for, everything else, for example cross format lobby display is just having the server run as an interperater between the clients. Soda did the harder part already, I bet if he cared and had the time spare +the hw to test it would take him a few hours at most to get basic operations for console versions to connect.

hahaha that guy .... I don't drink just smoke hehehe It is interesting to note that many people always wondered how the schtserv can connect players of both platforms in the lobby and in all schtserv psobb
I read and I participated forums that Nobody has a correct answer about it (a tutorial of how to do it) broomop , cyclone, tang and others no have idea of how to get this fact and off course i same o_O

Since when has broomop ever contributed anything positive to teth. Apart from hacking he offers nothing. Alot of the differences in pso v2 and GC packets have been documented. So anyone with experience of the teth code should at least have an idea on how to go about it.

Oh i'm sure they do know how it's done, you just don't understand the explanation, let's just put it this way all the pso versions share some common protocols; let's use an example the packets that are sent when clients move in lobby showing their direction action and animation, now then:

now while all clients send these kinda acknowledgement packets that they are moving blue burst happens to send larger more precise packets which contain more info about the heading, well not really but just they are bigger.

Anyway now you can't just forward these unfiltered packets to a v2 client, the head size would be wrong, the client would prob crash because it's pso dc and crashes if you sneeze at it, so in order to do this you v2ify the packet stripping it of info vs can't or doesn't use before you crank it to the client it's a simple concept which takes only time to implement.

edit, i didn't waste my time reading that forum btw, since i don't need to speculate how schtserv handles multiple versions anyway, I assume broomop was was prob being his usual all knowing not telling self anyway. I.e. he knows nothing.

I'm not defending the broomop, but I'd be lying if I say I have something against him
He managed to make the trade window work and that was impressive for me
and lee would be easier to show you with pictures how to do things you're saying
After all the structure of schtserv was created by...[Large image removed] I imagine

I maintain Christians code now with his permission, while i didn't write it, i have rewritten huge portions of it and i do understand how it works, and how the server does things, broomop trade window, lol, he blackmailed crono in to letting him log packets on schthack and well it's not exactly rocket science.

At the moment, we are not working on making compatibility with V2 or GC and are focusing on BB. These may be things addressed in the future. If we decide to do work on such a topic, we will announce it. As this should sufficiently answer the original question in the first post, this topic shall be closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back