is it possible for the nintendo nx to beat out ps4 and xbox one yes or no question

Nope. Sony and Microsoft actually can put out original games for their respective systems. Nintendo only releases the same reused brands every time they make a new console. I hate how gimmicky Nintendo has become with motion controls and the Amiibos. Sony and Microsoft also are guilty of trying to cash in on the same thing but I dislike how greedy they both are.

I don't think it can, with the way console sales have been going. Honestly, it seems like consoles are a fool-run at this point and it might be better for people to develop for PC or get out and go mobile. And, from what Nintendo has been doing, they see the writing on the wall, so they've decided to carve out their own niche, which might be the way to go. Which seems to be doing well for them on 3DS

I don't think it can, with the way console sales have been going. Honestly, it seems like consoles are a fool-run at this point and it might be better for people to develop for PC or get out and go mobile. And, from what Nintendo has been doing, they see the writing on the wall, so they've decided to carve out their own niche, which might be the way to go. Which seems to be doing well for them on 3DS

This. Nintendo is trying to capture lightning in a bottle again like they did with the Wii and the DS. They know as well as we do that the days of dedicated gaming consoles are numbered. Consoles are basically a PC anyway, nowadays. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, however, they have almost no stake in the PC market.

Therefore, they seek to continue their trend of finding ways to woo a more casual, family-oriented audience with new (sometimes gimmicky) technology while still delivering their key intellectual properties like Mario, Zelda, Smash etc. to satisfy their regular customers. It's a tricky balancing act, but they've had more hits than misses over the years.

Looking over the long term, I think it's inevitable that Nintendo will go the route of Sega and become exclusively a software developer and publisher someday in the not-so-far future. However, I see no reason why the NX cannot be successful and profitable. Remember the Wii and never count Nintendo out.

tldr; No but Nintendo has surprised us before.

I agree with PhantasyStarved about how Nintendo does do a good job surprising their fans. I do find it sad how their handheld market has more variety than the consoles. Why did they discontinue making education games or stop putting sequel of games that originated on the their handheld system later onto the Wii or Wii U.

Nintendo will have to step up their game for sure if they plan to beat xb1 and ps4. I think they need some new game ideas personally.

To be honest, I like Nintendo brand over Xbox1 and about 50-50 with Playstation4. Nintendo just went to another direction with the motion controller style which I didn't like and some can agree. If Nintendo re-release some past good titles such as Zelda, GoldenEye007, Contra, Castlevania, Mario, Chrono Trigger, etc, maybe the franchise and system gain a little popularity and compete.

To be honest, I like Nintendo brand over Xbox1 and about 50-50 with Playstation4. Nintendo just went to another direction with the motion controller style which I didn't like and some can agree. If Nintendo re-release some past good titles such as Zelda, GoldenEye007, Contra, Castlevania, Mario, Chrono Trigger, etc, maybe the franchise and system gain a little popularity and compete.

A new Castlevania game would be amazing

I would like to see a new Contra game but Konami has gone off the deep end with the bs they pulled. Iga is working on a game that's uses the metroidvania style in level design. He has a kickstarter.

Back