Is it actually verified that all rare enemies have the same 1/512 rarity?

Goldom

I ask because...
Image1.png
Rappy = 2.6/512
Zu = 1.9/512
Dorphon = lol

And most of those were not on rare enemy boost, so rappies especially seem way above 1/512.
Also guess which one I need :rolleyes:

Well, if it doesn't count scared rappies and people often scare the nonrare ones, it may skew the numbers. Yes all are 1/512.

Yup 1/512 provided no boosts.
Probability can be a cruel mistress. Going without seeing a rare enemy/item within the drop rate or even double-triple the drop rate isn't unheard of and is something you just expect when playing these types of games.

At 1/512, you'll need a much higher sample to see the correct ratio fall out. Kill Counter only counts scared Rappies if you hit them again for the item. Lastly, if you ever end your runs on a wave that didn't provide the rare enemy you're looking for, that would also skew the statistics.

Rare foe week should just bump the rate up to 1/2 or something crazy but lower the rare drop rate IMO. I like seeing the rare foes and it always bums me out how rare they are.

Assuming no rare enemy boosts are active for any of the kills, you have a 10% chance of not seeing a single Dorphon Eclair in 1172 Dorphon kills. Bad luck, yeah, but nowhere near unrealistically or absurdly bad.

Back