Is FSOD still a thing?

I don't remember FSOD'ing being a thing on Blue Burst. I just FSODed people on Dreamcast when they piped to Pioneer 2 with Resta/Grants.

No its not still a thing. Not that I've heard of.

There is a similar thing to FSOD, you can crash ships if you know how. (Probably all the exploits are patched here)
It's not the same as FSOD though, you don't lose character data.
Maybe it would cause a small rollback like a couple minutes at most.

Oh, I was wondering since my game froze a few times. Trying to figure if it was a troll or problem on my end, lol. I made a backup of the data (I have been messing around in there with mods and stuff) I'll see if it still happens with a vanilla data folder.

It will probably happen even with a default client... the game is just too old.
Freeze or crash, sometimes you lose sound and crash after a while... is not common tho, at least not for me.

Freeze or crash, sometimes you lose sound and crash after a while... is not common tho, at least not for me.

I find if I reboot my computer often and keep it running in top shape, I will crash once every 24-48 hours in game if I'm playing a lot (usually with sound cutting out first).

And this is not including crashing when joining a game (which happens a lot because it's caused by connection issues mostly)

To be clear, FSOD and "PSOBB.exe has stopped working" are the same thing. FSOD happens because the DC and GC don't have an underlying OS; the game is in full control of the hardware, so when it crashes, there's no "desktop" or anything to crash to, so the game just freezes. PC PSO versions run within an OS, so when the game crashes, the program exits, but the rest of the programs on your PC continue to work.

Most of the trolls who went around FSODing people have left PSO to infest newer games, but the game still likes to shit itself regularly, so yes, you're still going to crash sometimes, because Sega sucks at programming.

I see. We had some pretty infamous trolls in the final days of the xbox version. I hadn't really played since those days, Just getting back into this. Very nice server and community you have here, btw.

Back