Is Ep 4 Pazuzu L&K38 Combat Drop Working / Matching listed drop rate?

ziggypigster

Guildcard
Hello,

I was hesitating on whether or not to write a post and attribute it to bad luck. But as of today after hundreds of episode 4 runs with 40+ pazuzu kills, I am have yet to see a single L&K38 Combat drop for Virdian ID. Other rares on other IDs for this enemy seemed to be working when tested on the same quest runs (kunai, girasole, etc.).

Is the drop rate really 1/2.91 as per the charts? Has anyone else specifically had this drop for them at all in Episode 4 since anniversary event (when I started farming them / excalibur / adapt)? I just find it very strange that I can pick this up in 20-25 TTF runs (1/39.38) but literally still 0 in Episode 4.

Saw one drop last night and at least one other got the drop from the same pazuzu, definitely working for me. Pretty sure I got another one or two this event too. Are you sure you're not killing them when they're out of bounds for the party's current host? In those cases, there is no drop.

What Ender said basically. If a Pazuzu spawns make sure to check with the room's owner that its not over a pit, outside of walkable areas, or inside a rock/boulder. Or the rare will be completely unobtainable or will not spawn. Sounds weird but its a thing unfortunately, something I woulda hoped we had a solution to, but it is what it is.

Idk I think someone should still check it. I've found 1 LK38 in probably my last 15 Pazuzus. And none of them were lost due to being killed over holes, etc.

The rate is supposed to be 1/2.91.

The odds of a 1/2.91 event not occurring in 40 attempts is basically mathematically impossible.

(I'm not hunting for this item, but it struck me as weird that it never drops, so I specifically remembered this. I'm just trying to convey that I don't have a horse in this race, but something seems off.)

If something seems off / wrong, we shouldn't be discouraging people from posting it or immediately dismissing it and saying it doesn't need to be looked into. Mistakes have happened before.

Back