Invasion System

Save Smokey

Maybe I'm the only one who cares about these kinds of ideas, but if I could develop some features for Ephinea, this would be one of my first picks. I originally planned to voice all my ideas here but it turned into just a post about...

An invasion system.

Now I imagine it might not be the most favored by all players but the thought is absolutely exciting to me.

Here's how I'd make it work.

- Game type
Either use a flag on the account that can be changed on the launcher/site or another option for the game creation page in game so the community can still go on as normal.

- Invasion system
Players who wish to invade need some sort of method to connect to other players and directly choosing games could become excessively toxic so..

I'd implement a system that would check all the current players in parties and randomly choose from a list of parties that's close enough in level to the invader.

This would be done from lobby via the receptionist or some other npc, maybe even on pioneer 2?

- Gameplay Mechanics
As an invader I should be able to have to search for other players using clues like being able to read the telepipes but not be able to share telepipes.

As an invader you're not allowed to use the shops you have to make due with what you load in with.

As an invader when you kill a host player you would get kill points that are calculated with this algorithm:

Points = defender's level + ( defender's level - killer's level)

That means if a level 1 kills a level 200 they would get 399 points and if a level 200 kills a level 200 they would get 200 points. Or if a level 50 killed a level 70 they would get 90 points. Seems like a pretty fair system.

As a player I should be able to see the leaderboard of total kill points accumulated.

As a player I should be able to exchange kill points for something. ( Not sure yet, maybe custom items like barriers that increase ur atp with kill count.. I know that's too broken xD)

And those are probably all the features we'd really need to get something working. I'd be willing to code it if I had the right tools honestly. Doesn't seem like it would be outrageous to implement since the server shouldn't have any trouble tracking the required info and there's already ways i to have more than 4 people in one game.

Honestly if anyone can help me make something like this a reality it would be such a blessing. I'd love to hear some thoughts and any foreseeable complications :)

Ok I realized I missed a major oversight in my earlier explanation.

The invasion system requires 2 more components to function optimally.

1. When an invading player kills the host, the host and invader should both be returned to lobby.

2. An invader will have to have a condition for success, whether it's killing one player or killing all the players. I think killing all the players in a game is probably the best choice.

i don't know if PSO PvP is polished enough to justify having a Dark Souls style invasion system.
It would be ok in the Normal - VH difficulties. In Ultimate, free mode is retarded and all you need to win are P/resists + Mechguns with high hit (Dab and Aizen would clean house with their 100h Vulcans) against a FO. High EVP + Mechguns for everything else (Z and J gun help but I'm getting too specific).

PSO's pvp is only balanced in Rule 6 and somewhat balanced in R2/R3. R2 and R3 are perfectly fine if everyone is the same class.

Back