Introduction

Zaelith4717

Hello all!
I am posting this before I even install the game seeing as I'm at work and they shun playing games on company computers.. but what they don't know won't hurt them! I started my PSO journey with version 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast many years ago when a friend introduced me to it. I remember spending every day for what seemed like a lifetime taking turns and grinding through the levels enjoying every aspect of the game (except wolves, let's be honest, worst pupper). We would use our state of the art circa 2001 computers to pull what information we could find about MAG evolution, Item Drops and etc. Then one day I asked my parents to buy me my own Dreamcast and a copy of PSO so I could play at my house with my friends online instead of having to share and take turns I could relish in my own world of hunting for the wonder of what was in those little red boxes and what those blasted Rappys were hiding (Duck season is always open in PSO)! This game holds some of the best memories I have in gaming and I followed the game until it was no longer being supported in the US. I have tried playing PSO2 and even tried getting it on my Switch but to no avail. So I started hunting down a physical copy on EBay so I could sit with my controller in hand and smile from ear to ear like I did 17 years ago. That is when I discovered the beautiful gem that the internet has to offer. Private Servers. My body is ready for all the pain it has to offer and I have never been happier to experience this game again. See you all in game!

Hello all!
I am posting this before I even install the game seeing as I'm at work and they shun playing games on company computers.. but what they don't know won't hurt them! I started my PSO journey with version 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast many years ago when a friend introduced me to it. I remember spending every day for what seemed like a lifetime taking turns and grinding through the levels enjoying every aspect of the game (except wolves, let's be honest, worst pupper). We would use our state of the art circa 2001 computers to pull what information we could find about MAG evolution, Item Drops and etc. Then one day I asked my parents to buy me my own Dreamcast and a copy of PSO so I could play at my house with my friends online instead of having to share and take turns I could relish in my own world of hunting for the wonder of what was in those little red boxes and what those blasted Rappys were hiding (Duck season is always open in PSO)! This game holds some of the best memories I have in gaming and I followed the game until it was no longer being supported in the US. I have tried playing PSO2 and even tried getting it on my Switch but to no avail. So I started hunting down a physical copy on EBay so I could sit with my controller in hand and smile from ear to ear like I did 17 years ago. That is when I discovered the beautiful gem that the internet has to offer. Private Servers. My body is ready for all the pain it has to offer and I have never been happier to experience this game again. See you all in game!
SQUEEeeeeeee!! Yet Another Old Guard Dreamcaster heeds the call of Nostalgia! Always Wonderful hearing how ol' DC Vets are just sitting at home (or work) and 'Something' 17 years ago tugs at them...was it an article they stumbled upon about 'old gaming consoles?" Was it doing some seasonal cleaning and happening upon an old unmarked box...looking inside you find a dusty yellowing keyboard...with a SEGA Swirl emblem! "Oh yyyyyyeah! I remember this! Wonder if...", *Digs under Keyboard finding a just as dusty and yellowing Dreamcast and wound up wired control pad...and VMU's...and on the top of a bunch of other black game disc cases...PSO EP1!!! Holy Crap!! The same crooked smile you had as a kid finds it's place on your face again as you take your little treasure trove to the nearest large screen TV! "Ok, yellow wire, red wire, and white wire...I remember these!" With bated breath you...lol "bate"...giggity! Dammit mew! FOCUS! You take the wires in hand and look for the proper outlets..to plug..into......Fuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! WHERE the Hell did all these outlets come from???? Three DC plugs...a Gazillion funky colored outlets!! 'Kay...don't panic...you squint your once young eyes at the tiny lettering for 'video'...'Audio'...hmmmm. You plug in the power cord and excitedly press the button. The console whirrs and groans to life as if poking an elderly sleeping purrson checking to see if they're still alive. You are rewarded with the dim amber triangle lighting up....followed by the iconic sight and sound of the SEGA Dreamcast swirl painting itself on your TV screen...then, 'Daa Daa Bing Da Biiing....'...."Hello old friend". The sights, the sounds....your old file....it's ALL Here! Right where you left it! Some ppl had never bothered with online when you were a kid...it cost money. Tying up phone lines, buying extra stuff, social anxiety on a WORLD STAGE...but you're an Adult now! You has monies, you has grown up and can take on the challenges of...online...online...the modem socket now mocks your blissful efforts of reliving PSO. You look at your latest cell phone and it's like "Don't even....". You look at your laptop and it's like...."Uhhhh....what are you doin?". Finally, looking at your PC and it's like...."Come at me brah!". Ok OK OK..guess you all get the idea...
Well, Zael-san. You'll find a LOT of us here are old DC vets and will be more than happy to help shake the rust off and get your mojo flowing again! Starting over SUCKS for anyone, but at least Here we can make it Fun again! <3 Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! Welcome Home!! =3

Welcome! Fellow DC player here myself. I felt exactly as you do now about 3 months ago when I discovered Ephinea. The bulk of the community is super helpful and nice. Lots of good info on Ephinea forums and wiki.

Good luck finding the survivors of Pioneer 1, see you on Ragol!
SQUEEeeeeeee!! Yet Another Old Guard Dreamcaster heeds the call of Nostalgia! Always Wonderful hearing how ol' DC Vets are just sitting at home (or work) and 'Something' tugs at them...was it an article they stumbled upon about 'old gaming consoles?" Was it doing some seasonal cleaning and happening upon an old unmarked box...looking inside you find a dusty yellowing keyboard...with a SEGA Swirl emblem! "Oh yyyyyyeah! I remember this! Wonder if...", *Digs under Keyboard finding a just as dusty and yellowing Dreamcast and wound up wired control pad...and VMU's...and on the top of a bunch of other black game disc cases...PSO EP1!!! Holy Crap!! The same crooked smile you had as a kid finds it's place on you again as you take your little treasure trove to the nearest large screen TV! "Ok, yellow wire, red wire, and white wire...I remember these!" With bated breath you...lol "bate"...giggity! Dammit mew! FOCUS! You take the wires in hand and look for the proper outlets..to plug..into......Fuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! WHERE the Hell did all these outlets come from???? Three DC plugs...a Gazillion funky colored outlets!! 'Kay...don't panic...you squint your once young eyes at the tiny lettering for 'video'...'Audio'...hmmmm. You plug in the power cord and excitedly press the button. The console whirrs and groans to life as if poking an elderly purrson checking to see if they're still alive. You are rewarded with the dim amber triangle lighting up....followed by the iconic sight and sound of the SEGA Dreamcast swirl painting itself on your TV screen...then, 'Daa Daa Bing Da Biiing....'...."Hello old friend". The sights, the sounds....your old file....it's ALL Here! Right where you left it! Some ppl had never bothered with online when you were a kid...it cost money. Tying up phone lines, buying extra stuff, social anxiety on a WORLD STAGE...but you're an Adult now! You has monies, you has grown up and can take on the challenges of...online...online...the modem socket now mocks your blissful efforts of PSO. You look at your latest cell phone and it's like "Don't even....". You look at your laptop and it's like...."Uhhhh....what are you doin?". Finally, looking at your PC and it's like...."Come at me brah!". Ok OK OK..guess you all get the idea...
Well, Zael-san. You'll find a LOT of us here are old DC vets and will be more than happy to help shake the rust off and get your mojo flowing again! Starting over SUCKS for anyone, but at least Here we can make it Fun again! <3 Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! Welcome Home!! =3

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Now that I have finally settled on a character ( I went with what I made the last time I played just because it's some what familiar) I'm lv.16 /flex
Can't wait to see you on Ragol!

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Now that I have finally settled on a character ( I went with what I made the last time I played just because it's some what familiar) I'm lv.16 /flex
Can't wait to see you on Ragol!
Ooooo is Flex your char name dear? hmmmmmmph?

... I have finally settled on a character ( I went with what I made the last time I played just because it's some what familiar) I'm lv.16 /flex

I took the same route, going with a character I was familiar with. Actually, the only real character I played, but I was okay with that.

I'm not sure what level you are at now, but if you need some help and you see a white or green, Level 200 HUcast (VAL.5B) walking around in the lobby, shout a bubble at me. :)

I'll keep an eye out for you, see you in the trenches. Happy hunting!

Back