Information about Teams

Trospie

Can someone please direct me to where I can get info on how Teams function. I know that the dressing room is unlocked through them, but not much else. A forum search came up empty ( except for the team recruit subforum). Didn't see anything in guides section either.

I know there are quests unlocked through teams, like Team Quest: Point of Disaster (POD)
Team Quest: The Robots' Reckoning. Not sure what else.

Tagging on, how difficult is it to obtain dressing room and those quests, etc.? Can someone explain the concept of 'team points' that I see referenced? Is it a long grind to get to those levels or can a new team get there pretty easily? Is there a team points max?

Tagging on, how difficult is it to obtain dressing room and those quests, etc.? Can someone explain the concept of 'team points' that I see referenced? Is it a long grind to get to those levels or can a new team get there pretty easily? Is there a team points max?

If you have a team of people that play Ultimate, unlocking the stuff you want shouldn't take too long. There are a lot of crappy rares that can net you a good amount of team points, like Striker Plus, so you can get a decent payday if you play a lot. Make sure to pick up every rare you can find and TP every one you don't need. Every shitty DoB or Durandal you recycle can add up over time.

Trying to solo it is fucking stupid. I've been very diligent with TPing rares, and I have about 1,700 points total. I could only afford to unlock PoD if I made a solo team.

If someone wants to solo, I don't see the problem. Just be aware of how much work it will be. That is all. Don't have to call someone stupid for it.

It's actually very easy to get the points needed solo or as a small team. Very Hard Purplenum Forest is probably one of the most efficient sources. Branch of Pakupaku can be converted into Striker of Chao for 50 points, Elysion and Yamato are 10, and as long as you can convert enemy parts, you have five other items that are also worth 10 points. A lot can be unlocked before Ultimate, and you can skip member limits.

Tyrell's Ego, Maximum Attack 1 V2, Maximum Attack E, and even Lost Heat Sword or some other Forest quests are all decent for those hunts.

Other team functions include a team chat and the ability to freely mail anyone on the team without having their guild card as long as they are online, though you still need it to search for them.

Heh, totally forgot about grinding. Doesn't seem fun to me unless you have Purplenum.

Heh, totally forgot about grinding. Doesn't seem fun to me unless you have Purplenum.

The entire game is grinding though. Any ID is decent in VH Forest for this purpose, Purplenum is just significantly better because of its specific Pakupaku drop rate, and if you are grinding through VH anyway and want to make a new team, then you may as well. Forest in general is still one of the best places to earn Team Points in Ultimate.

99% of of my team's points were earned by only two people without specifically farming them, gaining enough to unlock everything important (quests, dressing room, flag), in only a few months or so (and that much, actually, I was able to gain entirely myself), with a large amount of them just in HBRs with Whitill Forest, because there are many 10 point drops there that are very common. I've made a couple hundred today alone, mostly in Ultimate Whitill Forest. HBR helps significantly.

With no multi-mode drop penalty now, it can go even faster. I just don't feel that your 1,700 points is very representative of what is possible given the levels of your characters and join date, and that you are making it seem much more difficult than it is. Of course that number multiplied over a few people adds up very fast.

Full disclosure: I probably play more than average myself.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to imply. One person can get by okay with some grinding, but when you work with others, the awards go by pretty quick. It's why joining a team is always a better idea than making one when you're starting out. That's why it's called a "team" after all.

Once you get a good stockpile of points, you can start a new team and have the awards in it go by quickly too with a handful of friends.

I don't see the point in grinding for team points when you can join some small and medium-sized groups and save yourself a lot of time.

Back