ID display error with kana and kanji names

Arsuru

迷子
It seems the ID displayed upon character creation is incorrect when naming one's character with kana or kanji, though it is correct on the character afterward. In my case, for a FOnewearl it displayed the ID a FOmarl would get. Tested with hiragana, katakana and kanji with the game in Japanese and English — always the same result.
 

Soly

Member
I don't think the game displays it incorrect, its more like the code Sodaboy uses to generate the ID server side makes it wrong and then changes when you log into the game.

My Item Maker (which has an ID calc) gave me a certain ID for a name with JP characters but the game gave me a different ID
 
Last edited:

Arsuru

迷子
Well doesn't that just result in an incorrect display anyway? Even if the ID shown is consistent with the actual calculation, if that calculation is incorrect it displays the wrong ID as far as the final result concerned. I don't know if it matters if I quit PSO before being put into the lobby with the new character, but upon doing so the ID is also correct on the character selection screen. I'm guessing it's corrected while connecting immediately afterward, or it's never actually wrong in the character data and only appears so, thus a display problem.

To use my specific criteria as an example, I entered さくら and it displayed Redria on the creation screen, whereas in-game and every BB calculator I've used (Ephniea normally but PSOW's confirmed it; I actually can't access your tool right now because dropbox traffic) shows Yellowboze. Coincidentally, サクラ is calculated as a Redria so I thought it was perhaps just a kana issue, but upon creation it showed Purplenum, while 桜 displayed Oran when it is Whitil.

For anybody that wonders, those all read as "sakura".
 

Soly

Member
The ID changes when you log in because the server changed the ID after the character creation.

Do you really think the original calculation is wrong?
Every ID calculator out there will give you the same result because they are based on the same method, from what I understand even the code Soda used to ensure the ID matched the name.
(which now appears to be wrong).
 
Last edited:

Arsuru

迷子
Maybe I'm being dense currently, but I guess your above post wasn't particularly clear. I thought something is obviously wrong, but I couldn't know what calculation is original. I would have assumed the calculators and in-game display are right. I've not seen any mention of them ever being wrong for non-roman script, anyway. If they are only calculating bytes, I wouldn't think it would matter either (unless the race/class offsets were wrong), but my knowledge of such things is pretty basic.

Anyway, I found an original Japanese calculator (as some seem to copy the ones we are used to) that matches the in-game one at generation, including Roman letters.

http://home.n06.itscom.net/applepie/js/idcheck.htm
 

Soly

Member
Oh, my bad, with the original calculation I meant the in-game calculation...

The ID the game assigns right after you hit Ok in the character selection is the correct one.
Yours change when you get to the lobby because the server changed it.
 

Arsuru

迷子
That's what I gathered. I don't think it's just you, it's late here and I hadn't eaten yet at the time. Oh well, looks like I might have to reconsider some names.
 

Soly

Member
I guess you can keep use the same ID calculators until Soda looks at this, I'm already checking the code that does the ID but I'm not as good as others xD
 

Soly

Member
This is my Item Maker now fixed, with code based on the ASM of the client.
SDxaY0l.jpg


Looking at the code of the page you sent, they do the calculation like it should be.

http://pastebin.com/b5KckiX5
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Mad
Top