I want to apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having stuff like that plastered at the top of the client for 30 seconds while 80+ Players are Online is a serious issue that merit's discussion, and the perpetrator should be berated and condemened

Some people on both sides just need to attend the "Not comparing everyone who disagrees with you to Nazis" seminar

Worst thing you coulda done is apologize lol

The worst thing about this is that apparently people try to act as if they were more mature than the shit I have done but still aren't able to make a conversation without arguing about one's opinion and act as if they were bearing the absolute truth (By that I mean that some ppl think that this is ban worthy or that all HCs players are complete shitlords and whenever someone stands against their opinion they just go ham on them. That might be even more immature idk "shrugs")

I only made that topic to apologize about that bad thing I've done but it seems that people aren't mature enough to cope with a simple joke as stupid and extreme as it might be and move forward and just want to throw their shit at me because they're protected by the fact that they are hidden behind a computer screen.

I'm pretty sure than the great majority of you (yeah you who think you're worth much more than anyone else) wouldn't even, have the guts to face the entire community and publically apologize after doing such a thing. Throwing shit as someone who's in position of vulnerability doesn't require that much of bravery though

That's all folks

I don't agree with Nikki but if it were me I wouldn't apologize but that is only because I am more alpha than you.

This is not about being alpha this is just about a stupid thing that I've done because I haven't Thought about the possible consequences of this.

There are more important things in life than a private PSO server.

There are always unpredictable people and actions on the internet.

Apology was made, accept and move on, or don't and move on.

Anyone doing anymore for or against the situation is just being toxic.

It shouldn't matter this much to anyone. I vote to lock the thread.

"Hitler did nothing wrong" is unequivocally hate speech, regardless of intent, which is against the rules at least on the ephinea forum (couldn't find ToS for the game/server itself):

those of you playing devil's advocate about how the OP might have been talking about hitler's fiscal policies or breakfast recipes, please ask yourself why you're choosing to die on this hill instead of saying nothing and quietly respecting the millions who lost their lives & families.

Because it's literally not hate speech and intolerance. What the guy said might have been in poor taste but it definitely wasn't hate speech. He didn't insight violence, he didn't say "HITLER WAS RIGHT BY KILLING THE JEWS", he didn't say anything that was invoking any kind of hate towards any kind of group or religion. He was, for all intents and purposes, making a poorly said joke. Words matter and how we say things matter. What you guys are doing is taking the word "Hitler" and associating it with being bad and if he mentions it in any other way other than negative you're saying it's hate speech. You're just being mad just to be mad, period.

This topic is nice and all, and it's good that you apologize if you felt bad about it, but you shouldn't EVER have to apologize for something you didn't do. This isn't hate speech, this isn't wrong think, this isn't even about free speech. This is clearly 100% about you guys making it out to be something it isn't: hate speech. It's not hate speech, it's not punishable as Sodaboy even said himself, so stop your complaining and get over it. You were triggered for 50 seconds of your life, had your say, now move on with your lives. The fact that this conversation even went in as deep as it did is proof enough there are some deep rooted problems that this server obviously has and NEEDS to solve or work out.

Please lock this God forsaken topic.

What an awful thread.

Here are the rules. The rules state that you are responsible for reading and understanding the rules. "Hitler did nothing wrong" breaks rule 3 pretty flagrantly, regardless of whether it's intended to be offensive. Sitting here and arguing about the rules isn't doing anyone any good.

To the OP: It's good that you apologized, but your further posts in this topic insinuating that people being "immature" is equivalent to saying that Hitler did nothing wrong aren't a good look.

To everyone making stupid bait posts in this thread: Cut that shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back