I want to apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Ridoo

I LIKE TRAINS
Guildcard
Hello everybody

A great majority of you have probably saw that death banner that was posted yesterday evening and that a lot of players have been upset by this. And i need to apologize for this

Believe me or not but i felt terribly ashamed when I saw your reactions. Like I told the GMs, I accept the fact that I have a sense of humor that can be borderline, I've always been used to do this kind of jokes to people who are aware that i obviously do not think a single word of what I can say in them and I actually never experienced any kind of rejectment about my humor. I thought it would've been the same on Ephinea but it seems that I was wrong. I just thought that everyone would take this as the joke it was meant to be and that nobody would've been upset by this.

I sincerely hope that this won't affect my experience on Ephinea with you guys. Of course this is dumb but I realized this too late. But in life, we learn about our mistakes and that's what makes us grow up. Now that I've cleaned my consciousness and admitted my mistake, I just hope that we can all move along and forget what happened.

Now that I know that this kind of humor isn't really welcome on Ephinea, you can be sure that I won't do this kind of stuff ever again. I've been deeply attached to this server ever since I first set foot on it and I definitely don't want to get my account banned for that kind of things.

I'm sincerely sorry

This isn't 4chan, a lot of what I saw was people worried about the image it projects for Ephinea as a community. While I wasn't personally offended, I also don't think anyone should stick up for you if you were banned for it. We're known for our great community not for being trashy edgelords.

Also, this isn't a government. This is a private platform, before anyone pulls the BUT MUHFREESPEECH Card.
Odds are if it's not a "joke" you'd shout at your high school reunion, you probably shouldn't shout it on a server wide banner.

You pretty much put yourself on the shit list of 83% of the server and that's punishment enough IMO. Let this be a teachable moment. That being said, apology not accepted, and that's okay. You screwed up. It happens

Last edited:
For anyone wondering that this is about, here's the full context;
unknown.png

There are a lot more toxic people I've found in my short time returning. It's a sad truth about the community, though every community has a problem like this, it's universal.

There has always been toxicity within the community here and their. While I avoid all of that and don't see any of it anywhere, that's bound to happen in any community.

Soda said it on discord when people were talking about this banner :
TBQH, I don't think that message in itself is reason to disable death banner or even ban that person. Hitler did nothing wrong could be relating to many things... Most people will think of his persecution of jews, of course, but maybe that person meant Hitler did nothing wrong in regards to his style of dress or the food he ate, etc. Of course, we know what the person probably meant... but I'm not sure if that really warrants an immediate ban but probably a warning.

"Hitler did nothing wrong" isn't exactly the same as "All jews should be killed" is what I am getting at. It's a statement that is pretty open to interpretation''

It's hard to punish that.

And because some people were upset you were good enough to see it as a mistake and apologise, so I would say dw. If ''83% of the community have them on your shit list'' as Will says then who gives a shit, only a few people matter and that's the friends you care for and care about you. I think it was a dumb thing to do but if we're going to be honest on the subject of Hitler, I believe he had some great ideas and actually wrote a paper on it back in the day (which I got high marks in), Here is a page I like about that; also the wiki about him if anyone wants to read. Ofc, what he did with the persecution of Jews and the war, everything that it was, was a dreadful act, upon which humanity is distraught but that doesn't define a man and everything that he is; their is many sides and acts of which makes us who we are. People will always go to the worst of what has happened on this subject and understandably since it has effected many deeply.

Last edited:
I think this is really unnecessary. Which point are you trying to make with such denunciation?

I'm not trying to make a point. I'm providing the proper context which he left out, for obvious reasons. All I did was literally post a screenshot of his direct quote. If that's a "denunciation" it's of himself, by himself.

He decided to bring it onto the forum. All he did was apologize, he didn't say what exactly he was apologizing for. I think people should have that information when considering whether or not to accept his apology. Is that really such an outlandish idea?

Last edited:
Someone posted an apology on a public forum, encouraging public discourse around the apology.
I replied to the apology, as I was in #screenshots on discord when the ordeal took place, and explained that I didn't accept it and why I didn't accept it.
I then posted what the OP was apologizing for, to provide proper context for other forum users who had no idea what he was apologizing for, because the OP had intentionally left it out, for very obvious reasons lmao.

I'm only going out of my way to be clear and concise about it because you're attempting to bait/troll me. And I guess it worked. Either way, simply posting a screenshot of OP's ///direct quote/// isn't some form of grand standing condemnation. In fact it's more on topic than anything you've posted in this topic.

But you're clearly trolling or something. At least I hope so.

giphy.gif

And because some people were upset you were good enough to see it as a mistake and apologise, so I would say dw. If ''83% of the community have them on your shit list'' as Will says then who gives a shit, only a few people matter and that's the friends you care for and care about you. I think it was a dumb thing to do but if we're going to be honest on the subject of Hitler, I believe he had some great ideas and actually wrote a paper on it back in the day (which I got high marks in), Here is a page I like about that; also the wiki about him if anyone wants to read. Ofc, what he did with the persecution of Jews and the war, everything that it was, was a dreadful act, upon which humanity is distraught but that doesn't define a man and everything that he is; their is many sides and acts of which makes us who we are. People will always go to the worst of what has happened on this subject and understandably since it has effected many deeply.
The first link is PURE satire, but I don't expect you to make that distinction since you were part of the group that wanted to keep a serial harasser on Ephinea just because he made "good quests". "that doesn't define a man and everything that he is" Yes, it does. When he and his ideologies that he spread were the cause of millions of deaths worldwide (and not just Jews).

Big yikes bro.

I just don't see how this is even a discussion lmao.

And I love the whole "All I see is you're trying to act like Ephinea's savior with your moral high ground," argument. Because having "HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG" plastered on a SERVER WIDE BANNER, where literally every player who's logged in will have it displayed on the top of their screen is not only good for the server apparently, but pointing it out that idk, maybe that's bad PR, makes me a "Nazi Collaborator".

I never said he should get banned. I simply stated I wouldn't defend him if he did get banned, because I don't want people associating this server with that statement. Like, say what you want about people overreacting, at least they're not doing mental gymnastics to defend it.

Clowns.

Last edited:
"Hitler did nothing wrong" is unequivocally hate speech, regardless of intent, which is against the rules at least on the ephinea forum (couldn't find ToS for the game/server itself):

3. No hate speech of any kind.
This includes, but is not limited to, racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, and others. As before, Ephinea is not the place to give your opinion on these subjects. If we find you're being insensitive or harassing users, action will be taken against your account.

those of you playing devil's advocate about how the OP might have been talking about hitler's fiscal policies or breakfast recipes, please ask yourself why you're choosing to die on this hill instead of saying nothing and quietly respecting the millions who lost their lives & families.

The first link is PURE satire, but I don't expect you to make that distinction since you were part of the group that wanted to keep a serial harasser on Ephinea just because he made "good quests". "that doesn't define a man and everything that he is" Yes, it does. When he and his ideologies that he spread were the cause of millions of deaths worldwide (and not just Jews).

Big yikes bro.

You are so vastly mistaken and I have no idea how you even thought I wanted to keep him here, I was part of no such group, I never hung out with him or his friends, I did not support him or his actions, nor did I enjoy him as a person; I despised him, despised with every core of my being. I did not once take part in anything associating with trying to keep him here. I was not even around in the community during this time. I did not want 'that' person around nor like that person at all. I even tried to get multiple females (friends of mine who have left the server because of him and spoke to me about it) to report his actions on multiple occasions (because of the pure disgust he would enact towards them); whether they did or not was their obligation. I had a huge distate towards him way before anyone else did but I don't go around shouting about who I like and dislike and who I choose not to play with. I despise him with a passion, one of the few people I do, because he is a creep beyond creeps, way before the incident to get him to be banned. I enjoyed his quests, yes, that doesn't mean I like him as a person or think it's good for the community for him to be here, no. You are beyond mistaken and I am insulted you would associate me with someone I vastly have a distaste towards and have never been associated with once in my life. You know nothing about me clearly, I have no idea how you can come to a conclusion that I ''were part of a group'' in which I was not; when I did not associate with a said group or make any appeal whatsoever. Get your facts right before swinging attacks and accusations at people.

People in this server/community really need to learn to grow up.

If only you felt the same way about Hitler the world would be a better place <3.

If only you felt the same way about Hitler the world would be a better place <3.
This isn't acceptable, nor is it helpful. It's a toxic leap in judgment to slander someone. We shouldn't accept this behavior from you, or zen. Get it together.

I don't agree with Spuz on this either, but he's not sympathizing with Hitler. You're better than this.

If it's going to get this toxic, this topic should be closed. People need to grow up.

I never said Hitler didn't do anything bad and shouldn't be excused, that wasn't my point. He was a genocidal maniac who tried to destroy the world as our grandparents/great grandparents knew it. I was not saying for one second that this was ok in the slightest. That was a travesty that should never have happened. Ofc I think what he did was phenomenally wrong and I was not for even one second trying to minimize that. Nobody is defending him or the war and it is ludicrous for you to think so. That doesn't mean I cannot find someone interesting.

Last edited:
This isn't acceptable, nor is it helpful. It's a toxic leap in judgment to slander someone. We shouldn't accept this behavior from you, or zen. Get it together.

I don't agree with Spuz on this either, but he's not sympathizing with Hitler. You're better than this.

If it's going to get this toxic, this topic should be closed. People need to grow up.
Nah, this is something that's completely unacceptable.

Ofc, what he did with the persecution of Jews and the war, everything that it was, was a dreadful act, upon which humanity is distraught but that doesn't define a man and everything that he is; their is many sides and acts of which makes us who we are
"hey sure his ideologies killed millions but that doesn't define who he was"

people are taking this way too seriously, he's already been condemned and berated just move on with your lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back