I have stopped forcing myself to play / finish games I don't enjoy.

What irks me with most MMOs today is they try to restrict passing equipment from one character to another because the idiots designers think it will make you want to play the game longer, but it's the complete opposite. PSO doesn't "lock" items to characters, and I've played it more than any other game because of the possibilities that opens for gameplay. That's just one example.

Too true @Ade .

Making players re-level tradeskills they already sunk all of their money and resources (not to mention time) into is very frustrating to me as well.

Reactions: Ade
I have a friend that has the completionist attitude towards games, he'll complain every now and then about the grind of getting every last achievement trophy, I'm like "why even bother if it's a grind?" lol. I've never really been into RPGs or JRPGS so I don't think I've had that problem, maybe finishing up action games like Goldeneye but I think that's the only game I grinded out to get every unlockable character. I've yet to finish a Zelda, Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, or a Xeno game since I lose interest about 3 hours in. Growing up I loved beat 'em up (Streets of Rage, Batman Returns, Double Dragon), fighting (SF/KoF/SC/GG), or racing games (Top Gear, GT, Al Unser F1,Forza), and these aren't very long games (beat 'em up) nor do they have a definite end (most fighting & racing games). PvE PSO is pretty tolerable for about an hour because to me it is just a beat 'em up game with no real depth or story that you can just log into, kill shit, and then log out.

The PvP aspect of games are what I love and I can still play PvP PSO, fighting,racing, or basketball games for hours and hours until my hands start to hurt loool.

I'm glad a lot of others feel this way. I did get the new Metroid today and I really enjoy it so far. I'm sure I'll finish it.

Right on!

Of Zelda games, I've only finished the 8-bit original and Zelda 2, and SNES Link to the Past. I have four other Zeldas. Finished 3 out of 7 owned, because of 4 of them got boring and irritating with too many puzzles that you need to psychicly read the minds of the creators while not having enough actual freaking action. I'm staying far clear of one that's entirely stylus driven. Screw that crap. Achievements are BS I'm happy with just getting a good amount of and stopping short of the ridiculous ones such as playing 1000 matches.

I agree ADE,. If a game sucks, I don't give it the time of day like I used too!! I don't even buy games brand new anymore because I'm always worried I'm not going to play them all the way through like when I was younger.

Steam sales FTW!!! I'm a big Hitman fan, but I'm still waiting on the newest one that came out like last year to drop further in price because I heard it sucked, but I still want to play it.

You looking for a nice game you can complete in about 10-12 hours, give Ori and the Blind Forest a try!! Assuming you haven't already played it?? You won't be disappointed if you have not already!! Truly wonderful game, just not much in replay vaule after you are done, but always good for a one time play through.

Last edited:
I wish there was a gauntlet style dungeon crawler where you could pick your level (like 0, 5,10, 15, 20) so it would unlock a skill tree that far, then you clear a random generated dungeon level, but you only get to keep the gear for that session. No permanent loot. The idea being that you want to jam out a 15 minute to 1 hour game where your only purpose is to have fun and enjoy the random stuff you find. Kind of like Gauntlet I guess, but you choose how far in game you want to start

Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't have a jumbled combat system. I picked it up immediately on my first playthrough. Shame to hear you don't like it, though.

Ive been wanting to get Gauntlet: Slayer Edition on PS4 but havent yet. It was free one month but I wasn't paying attention lol and didn't get it.

@XiCwoodXi have you ever tried "Journey"? Its simply a game you strive to reach a goal thats always in sight from the beginning. Players can join you but there is no speech/talking. Just avoiding the enemies together and trying to make it to that mountain. Amazing game with replay value if you ask me.

Ive been wanting to get Gauntlet: Slayer Edition on PS4 but havent yet. It was free one month but I wasn't paying attention lol and didn't get it.

@XiCwoodXi have you ever tried "Journey"? Its simply a game you strive to reach a goal thats always in sight from the beginning. Players can join you but there is no speech/talking. Just avoiding the enemies together and trying to make it to that mountain. Amazing game with replay value if you ask me.
No I haven't played that yet, I will check it out as soon as i get some time. I like trying out new games like that. Thanks for the suggestion.

No I haven't played that yet, I will check it out as soon as i get some time. I like trying out new games like that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Journey is ama-a-a-azing. I loved that the entire story is told without spoken language. It only took a couple hours to play through, but very enjoyable.

I've felt this way a few times. Some people think I'm crazy for not finishing Pokemon Sun/Moon, I bought it on release day and still haven't finished it yet because I just don't really wanna play it. I know a lot of people might say it's the best generation or what ever, but after playing Pokemon since the 1st generation on the gameboy, you really do get bored of it...especially when I played some of their spin-off games like mystery dungeons etc.

It is probably an age thing as well, because I do tend to push off games a lot more and not want to go finish it. Though I'm not really old (I'm only 25) but I never had these issues myself say 10+ years ago but now I just don't have as much time with me finishing up College and working currently lol. (Could also be the reason why I'm not really able to get into Anime again. There has been way to many shows I need to watch but just don't have the drive to start.)

Wait, we talking the Metroid II remake?!? :O

Yes! :)

@XII : Yeah, regarding Xenoblade Chronicles, I just didn't like how I was constantly having to worry about scaling around monsters. The controls always felt I was overshooting where I intended to position myself, so they were "floaty" in a way. I also felt the like game gave you zero time to think about what you wanted to do, even though all of the icons for the moves look basically the same so you have to read them every time to see what they do and where to stand. Having to scroll through a horizontal menu to choose an attack while trying to move around horizontally was confusing, and I would always overshoot the move I wanted to use. Whenever I won a battle, I felt like it was luck and that I wasn't getting any better, so I returned the game and got Samus Returns. Maybe I woulda liked XBC more on a bigger screen.

Trying to control the camera with the 3DS XL's C-Stick was frustrating and uncomfortable, too.

Last edited:
Samus Returns looks cool. I watched one of my favorite streamers play some of it. I might get it when I get another job.

preach it man

the moment i realized i don't owe games any more time than i feel like sinking into them i've been at least 27% happier when playing vidya

tom nook can go suck a dick for all i care. pull the weeds yourself asshole, you got two kids, give them chores

I wish there was a gauntlet style dungeon crawler where you could pick your level (like 0, 5,10, 15, 20) so it would unlock a skill tree that far, then you clear a random generated dungeon level, but you only get to keep the gear for that session. No permanent loot. The idea being that you want to jam out a 15 minute to 1 hour game where your only purpose is to have fun and enjoy the random stuff you find. Kind of like Gauntlet I guess, but you choose how far in game you want to start

Try pixel dungeon.

Cant choose how far you start, but I think you might like it

Try pixel dungeon.

Cant choose how far you start, but I think you might like it
Actually have that on my phone, but never got too far into it. I really like the Gurk games, definitely worth the 1 or 2 $ spent.

Play any of the From Software games with friends instead. I only really play multiplayer games now in short burst with friends, quick and get alot of fun out of them. I'm mostly to busy working on multiple games.

Play any of the From Software games with friends instead. I only really play multiplayer games now in short burst with friends, quick and get alot of fun out of them. I'm mostly to busy working on multiple games.
Jman-kuuuuuuun! *POUNCES!* =3

Back