I have broken the curse.

A Man in Flames

30K Gi Gue Slayer
Guildcard
My friends, after over 6,000 runs taking over 250 hrs of game play, I have finally won:

Update, the unsealed weapon:
XxrB58T.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! That thing better have 120 hit for as much effort it took you to get it!

Also I hope to god my Heaven Punisher hunt doesn't take as long as your SJS hunt. <.<

:edit: How many days did it take you to hunt this?

Last edited:
That belated banner... You probably thought it was PD right?
Exactly right. I never rush for red boxes when hunting items that have banners since I write em off as PDs that can wait to be picked up. But, for some reason, as shown in the video, the banner pretty much didn't start scrolling until I picked it up. That really threw me off.
Congratulations! That thing better have 120 hit for as much effort it took you to get it!

Also I hope to god my Heaven Punisher hunt doesn't take as long as your SJS hunt. <.<

:edit: How many days did it take you to hunt this?
Unfortunately, it was all 0s, which of course is deeply annoying. However, the silver lining is that I was able to sphere it out to 100/0/0/100-- exactly what I wanted to I will take that as 2nd best case scenario.

Statically speaking, your HP hunt should go smoother as long as it drops within the drop rate... I hope your hunt goes well-- no one deserves the hell I went through. This hunt damn near broke me.

I committed to the hunt on June 2nd this year and it dropped last night, so about 3 and a half months or some odd 100 days.

Excuse the double post:

I just wanted to thank everyone for the support earlier from my lamentation thread, and for the overwhelming positive feedback here-- thank you all! Normally, I not much for attention getting, but I wanted to make an example of myself-- for better or for worse. Hopefully, my tale inspires some careful hunt planning. And most importantly, I hope no one suffers what ended up being exceeding the item drop rate on a uber by a factor of 4.

Finally, some extra details on the hunt:
- I originally budgeted about 100 hrs for it to drop within 2,000 PW4 2F runs, doing the runs during DAR boost periods. This effectively made the drop rate about 1/10K before any lucks boosts.
- The runs were done in One Person Mode, for obvious reasons.
- Each run I would crack open the 14 boxes to find mats/grinders/high hit non rares/etc. and junk items after every 5 runs, give or take.
- Each run, starting from the lobby and ending up back to the lobby to start the next one would take about 2 minutes each.
- Due to variability, I settled on awarding myself 25 runs cleared every hour I clocked. I did not want to manually track or spare much effort to precise tracking of the runs so I went with the formula of 25 runs an hour. I was very diligent about tracking time I may have AFK'ed though.
- June 2nd was when I started to do runs on the regular, averaging about 100 on most days I logged in.
- By the time the 2nd Anniversary event started, I was very close to 2,000 runs cleared. I think I was at least 1,700 in.
- Of course, gamblers fallacy ticking real hard, I thought to myself: "No big deal, I'll just 'finish' the hunt within the first week of the event and move on to the even itself!"
- Event 15% RDR boost kicked in, I was around 2,200 cleared runs.
- 2nd event 15% RDR boost kicked in, now granting +30% RDR total and thus knocking the drop rate down to around 1/7,800, I think I had around 3,000 runs-- give or take.
- Final week of the event, I was sitting around 4,500 runs, and I had done virtually no event runs. Already missed out on leveling my other characters, I got fed up and decided to bum rush the 25K personal kills milestone prize for the Photon Sphere.
- Managed to take my HUcaseal from 171 to 190 spamming the ever living shit out of Temple, looking for Aura Fields and a shot at a Syncesta. Found some good Aura Fields, no Syncesta.
- Took my RAcaseal from 126 to 150 doing Spaceship thinking how ironic it would be if I could find a Guld on a whim. Didn't happen.
- Got my 25K event kills with about 2 days remaining before the event was supposed to end: I planned a final push on the SJS that involved me running until the event was taken down.
- I ran for 28 hours straight, clearing well over 600 runs, before I saw the event was being extended for one more day. I crashed hard from there, and got back on roughly 5 hrs before the event was pulled to bang out another 100 runs.

Ultimately, I spent nearly all of my time during the 2nd anniversary event hunting the damn sword, only to be spit in the face. I sacrificed so many huge opportunities. And finally, about 400 runs post event, during DAR boosts, I finally got my sword to drop. I paid a very huge price for this drop. But in the end, I have no regrets because I have succeeded.

Final run count was 5,550 boosted runs with a side of 650 non boosted, totaling to 6,200. That translates to at least 31,000 Gi Gue kills, and since I cleared over 3,000 runs during the event with RDR boosts, I can safely claim I exceeded the aggregated drop rate four times over.

Last edited:
cgs, all u got to now is unseal
Gratification....."YESSSSSS!!!.....
Vindication......."FINALLY!!.....
Realization......"hmmmm...Killcount....."
Victors Remorse......."....Sonova......!!! "
X'D! STAY SANE!!!!

Congrats!~ It takes some real time and sanity to do something for that long.
Time is something I have an abundance of but also value above all. Ironically, this hunt took over 3 times as long as I expected it to.

As for sanity... I damn near cracked but I barely managed to make it through, and am so glad I did. I put everything on the line for this hunt.

Let's just say I was thinking some dark thoughts after about 200 hrs in (nothing involving self harm I assure you).
Dang, you certainly sphered that super quickly too! I'm impressed. Congrats again
Heh, yeah. And I even unsealed it within 8 hrs of finding it. This was my ultimate goal and after much procrastination prior to finally hunkering down, I have achieved it. A new level of PSOBB is ahead of me =)

Back