Hunters boost road

It was very irresponsible for Sega to give Meris an OHKO attack that can't be resisted
Technically it can be be resisted you just need over 1000 dark res

I love ep. 2. Only problem is no one wants a level 117 in their PW games :p

1. are you a FO?
y: cast mostly S/D and megid sometimes J/Z --> get invites for less difficult PW series quests

2. are you a RA?
y: frozen shooter + hell laser/rail. Traps if you are a cast

Loli was happy to run with my chars around that level yesterday, just ask around in lobby or shoutbox

Not everyone has a Hell Needle
Every RA should. That's the best 50 PDs you'll ever spend. One of the first weapons I saved for on this server. Have some discipline and don't spend your PDs as soon as you get them on stuff that isn't necessary (in b4 I get bashed for this).

Not to mention other hell weps...

Well I rarely play Ep2, when I do...its maybe 1-2 runs...I carry a 45h Hell Laser when I do. I dont run Ep2 enough to spend 65pds on a Hell Needle

It's like was said before. If i'm going to hunt an Uber, i'm probably going to solo it. So someone else doesn't get the iten. HBR isn't for solo, so i generally don't do it. It just feels good to be a self-found hunters of PSO.

Every RA should. That's the best 50 PDs you'll ever spend. One of the first weapons I saved for on this server. Have some discipline and don't spend your PDs as soon as you get them on stuff that isn't necessary (in b4 I get bashed for this).

Not to mention other hell weps...

Keep in mind that u will want a v502 with that hell needle, other wise it is just about as effective as Megid alone is at high level (26 megid is 92 dark, hell is 93). Hell less than megid even cause at least megid just has to touch the target to try, the needle has to hit with the special. That alone is another 15-20 pds or so. v501 doesn't do nearly enough on its own for hell. (64% on a Gee, vs v502's 86% activation)
Also keep in mind that not everyone can/wants to do challenge mode. So a small pd investment will maybe be needed to buy that s-rank to put that special on that s-rank. Your weapon in the long run will at least chances are be 70pds to be good unless you get lucky in your v502 hunt and find one.

Factoring in everything that a Ra may want to need: frozen shooter (and then snow queen), bringer's rifle, demon needle, holy ray, cannon rouge, zerk needle, charge arms (upgrade to baranz), a basic spread needle or arrest needle, heaven striker, charge mechs (and getting upgrades to em), charge partisan (upgrade to excal), zalure arms/needle, and so on, I really could go on. You'll want stuff like v101, a 4 slot armor, v801, cure units, and really it gets to be a bit of an investment to play even a non force class.

Even the cheap stuff can add up if you want to go that route. Nothing comes easy in this game. Part of what made badges so great was them giving some new form of buying power to new people on here actually.

charge arms=1pd or none if lucky
charge mechs=1pd or none if lucky
frozen shooter=3pd on 0 hit
cannon rouge=5pd on 0 hit
spreed needle=3pd on 0 hit
bringer's rifle=2pds, 0 hit, 2 pds to put 10 hit on there, another 4 to put 20 on there, and then u can get screwed even at that, a demon's laser with 50 hit beats bringer's til 40 at least and is overall not to pricey (3-4 or so) giving u a somewhat cheap long range gun for speed killing from a distance. 3-4 at least for base stuff.
holy ray=2pds on 0 hit, granted arrest laser is around 3-4pds for a 50 hit and laser beats holy ray til 30% but still. Not as needed as bringer's cause you have spread needle, but keep in mind that unless u are ra spreed may fall flat and even then
hell laser=3-4pds on a 50 hit
armor=1-2pds plus add slots most of the time, at least if you want to wear something that isn't the cheap store stuff.
cure units=1-3pds usually cheap on their server due to Coren and stuff.
h/arms=5-7pds each
a mag=4-5pds or a lot of time
v501=3-4pds
g/battle, h/battle=1-4pds
ranger wall=thankfully no pds, Gallon's is nice stuff.

Friendly reminder that up until ultimate mode the normal player may get lucky and find maybe 5 or so pds, 1-2 luck mats, and a for sure not much greater than 10 hp, power, and mind mats. In ultimate mode it is hard to be useful til around level 100 or so and more (120 or so for ep.4).

So, I think you may be forgetting about how much of a pain it is just starting off with nothing. And how hard it can be to just "save up" and "have some discipline" when if you want to not be a burden to your party you chances are will have to spend your starting pd drops and more by the time you reach ultimate anyway. Hell not knowing the market you may end up spending 4pds or something on something not needed as well.

Granted it can be a bit less of a pain, people in pso do give away non worthless items for free that are useful as well.

But still, it isn't easy to always just start off. I mean at least on here we have a few easy 2x exp weeks n stuff.

I don't want the obligation. I HAVE nolife every hbr for months. I need to do other stuff this month.

Lots of good stuff
Yeah, as a new player I'd have to say this really resonates with me. I definitely miss all my gear from the GC version, and forgot just. how. long. it takes to even feed a mag to 200. I'm currently leveling solo by spamming Forest of Sorrow, and trying to figure out how best to use my eggs and badges (and I guess try to sell the Dress Plate I got from my present).

Found a Demon's Laser with 30 hit, and was very kindly gifted a Charge Arms with a decent amount of hit (under 50) by Violet, so it's a start. But still rocking a 4-slot General Armor with Ogre/Power, Elf/Arm, etc. so yeah.

Whenever I see a RA using Holy Ray and/or Bringer's Rifle I shake my head... Those weps are for the classes outside of RA if you ask me. Trying to add hit to Bringer's Rifle after 20 is a waste if you're low level or new to the server -- sell those PCs for PDs. There are plenty of people with 50h or less Lasers that will just give them to you. Not to mention how cheap, or obsolete, the 50h normal weps are these days since The Scavenger boosted all of those weps. I give these out for free these days, including 50h Charge Arms, 50h Charge Vulcs, 30-50h Hell/Demon's/Arrest Laser. I also have a bunch of 50h and 55h red weps from The Scavenger that just sit in my bank I will gladly give away to newbies.

Hell Needle should be the first needle a RA invests in. Demon's Needle isn't necessary (I actually sold mine because how often it misses is fucking annoying, even on my RAmar with max ATA and RR), and use a Spread Needle over getting an Arrest Needle while you are new -- SNs sell for a PD or 2 tops these days with how many dropped during the summer event. Zerk needle is a luxory, so don't go waste your PDs on that -- use a Zerk Arms/Launcher. Zalure Needle/Shot is such a waste when you are starting out. I never use one of these, even when I solo.

Raising a mag is part of the game -- you gotta learn how to raise these efficiently. It only takes a few minutes of looking at the feeding charts to determine the best items to feed it (hint: if raising pow/dex, feed Antidotes all the way up to level 50).

And here's some pricing updates:

charge arms=1pd or FREE
charge mechs=1pd or FREE
frozen shooter=1-2pd on 0 hit
cannon rouge=1-2pd on 0 hit
spreed needle=1-2pd on 0 hit
bringer's rifle=pls no
holy ray=pls no
armor=1-2pds plus add slots most of the time, at least if you want to wear something that isn't the cheap store stuff.
cure units=waste of a slot -- MUCH better ways to use a slot instead of a cure unit -- use Sols/Anti
h/arms=4pd
a mag=4-5pds or a lot of time
v501=1pd

This is actually a GREAT time to start on this server as the economy has exploded over the past 3,4 months. Besides, I've played every version on PSO, and BB on multiple servers, as have the majority of people who still play this game. So thinking I don't know what it's like to start new is blasphemy, to put in nice terms.

When you are just starting out these days, don't be afraid to ask people in lobby or in game for help or items. I, for one, will gladly give away stuff to newbies instead of having those items rot in my bank.

@Ray Shaw -- if you see any of my characters in-lobby, let me know and I can give you some items to help you get rolling.

It's like was said before. If i'm going to hunt an Uber, i'm probably going to solo it. So someone else doesn't get the iten. HBR isn't for solo, so i generally don't do it. It just feels good to be a self-found hunters of PSO.
Although you do play with others your droprate does increase as well. PSO2 droprates are meant to look like you are playing the quest on your own, with a certain DAR, so it might benificial to play it with others. Drops from other players do not influence yours and with the HBR the DAR for you only increases.

Honestly pso2 drop rates are the best if u can get others to hunt with u and agree to give the item u are hunting if they find it. Just make sure to honor that as well with them.

Oh and h/arms were only sold low during the event. Mats and more may after a while start to return to a normal price

Oh and cure units aren't a waste, every get freeze trapped?

Oh and v501 isn't 1pd imo, no one wants to spend the 4 gold on v501 and even then...v501 isn't enough for hell needle. On gee hell with v501 is at a 64% activation rate. V502 is at 86%.

Last edited:
Oh and cure units aren't a waste, every get freeze trapped?

Oh and v501 isn't 1pd imo, no one wants to spend the 4 gold on v501 and even then...v501 isn't enough for hell needle. On gee hell with v501 is at a 64% activation rate. V502 is at 86%.

It's called button-mashing A+D -- takes less than a second to get unfrozen. Not worth wasting a slot for that. Not even for Falz as I can break the ice before the spinners hit me. I have about 30 Cure/Units I'd give away. Want some?

I can't even sell my v501s for 1 PD. Got about 6 of them in my banks. And who uses v501 for Hell, anyways? Everyone knows that's a waste.

Be my guest to overpay for stuff. There were so many H/Arms that dropped during the event, don't pay more than 4 pds -- okay maybe 5 if you are desperate. I've seen 15+ sell for 4.

There will always be people who try to overcharge for their stuff. Don't fall for it.

Cure/Freeze is useful for Crimson Assassin. Although I don't waste a slot for it, I just learn how to position so they can't fuck me over. (It doesn't matter how fast you mash A+D if 3 Crimsons are all trying to freeze you at once, since as soon as you break out ur frozen again).
The one enemy that annoys me with their freeze is Deldepth... hate those fuckers.

@Ray Shaw -- if you see any of my characters in-lobby, let me know and I can give you some items to help you get rolling.
Thanks, I would greatly appreciate it. And I do have a handful of PDs as well, so if you have any of those 1-2 PD items you listed (like those v501s you mentioned not being able to sell), I'd be happy to buy some stuff too. Thought I might get a few things I wanted from the event eggs or actually hunting them myself, but haha nope and not so far, respectively.

Reactions: Dab
Ultimate EP2 is a wasteland of cheap instakills and I've sworn off hunting in it as a lost cause.

Back