Hunter Guild Points

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Guildcard
Hi, friends! Please stick through to the end with me on this one, because I know the title could make someone go, "Whaaa...?" but I didn't know what to call it.

Ok, so imagine this:
Every completed quest is flagged to give Hunter Guild Points (HGP) after completion once per day, per difficulty. Offline quests give 1/2/3/4 points and Online quests give 1/2/4/6 points. At 0:00 GMT, the flags reset so you can get HGP from them again, like before, once per difficulty until the next day.

What the HGP can be spent on:
The Hunters Guild is a new quest with a couple of vendors. One sells tools like addslots, grinders, the basic four mats or anything appropriate. The 9-star weapon dealer will allow you to buy a nine-star weapon with 30 hit and 50 in 2 other stats or 50 in three non-hit stats. Weapons like the basic 9-stars, Brionac, Visk, Last Impact, you know the type. Stuff like Vjaya or DoB can be discluded if you think a 50/50/0/0/30 would be too powerful but they're probably okay if priced adequately. Items would cost 25+ points, weapons probably 400+ points? That's discussion for later.

Then there's the Field Guide. for 50(?) points, he'll allow access to one of the Forest/Cave/Mines/Ruins maps, or 150(?) points for all four. So naturally, all party members can participate. And of course, the same rate goes for other episodes. These maps are designed to be brokenly fun until you run out of points...

Titles/Advancement/Prestige purchases?
I don't know what's doable by our talented quest designers, but maybe some features have to be unlocked by using HGP to advance your Hunter's Guild Rank first...

How does this improve the game? Why do this?
- It encourages people to play any and all different sorts of quests
- It encourages people to log in every day like a daily but the bonus isn't such that you feel bad missing it
- The Hunter's Guild gives added flavor and incentive to the grind
- It's not a waste of time to run lower difficulty levels
- More points in Online mode encourages cooperative play while not overly penalizing soloers
- Encourages teamwork by earning HGP together over several days and then using a session to take turns paying the Field Guide for four full runs of fun (by resetting the quest a few times)
- Opens up another market for profiteers, why not sell HGP quest initiation for PDs? Of course, they will not be able to earn HGP just by sitting on their ass while wheeling and dealing...
- It doesn't alter the core balance of the game. The "broken" maps you can buy is offset by the fact that you can only play them after completing several normal maps.
- The weapons shop allows new players to earn some guaranteed basic but valuable equipment on their own with some effort.

Cons that I can think of, and I honestly can't think of many:
- The amount of work to put the HGP framework in and make quests for all three episodes
- People bitching if the server goes down before they finish a Hunter's Guild quest, gonna have to be up front and say that there's no refunds

Thanks for hearing me out,
even if this goes nowhere nerding out writing this was fun

Last edited:
Back