HUney help plz

Your most used weapons will probably be Diska of Braveman, (with Thirteen when you can use it) or, if you don't like to play risky, Charge Diska 50H, along with Charge Vulcans 50H

Slicer of Fanatic is really useful on HUnewearl, especially when you don't have high enough ATP to do lots of damage with sacrificial slicers. I'd make use of the high ATP on Excalibur and Jizai as soon as you're able to use them.

For Levelling I'd use
V101 (Or Heavenly/Battle)
Smartlink
Heavenly/Arms
Heavenly/Arms (V502 if you have hell j-cutter)
5/150/45/0 Mag

I'd use the "Clio 184+" Mat Plan specified in Matt's guide >here<
Code:
Min-Max Build (Clio: L184+)
Mag: 5/95/100/0
Units: V101
Shield: Red Ring
Materials:
- 99 Power
- 23 Mind (earlier Clio, rather than DFP)
- 28 Luck
Flowen 3084, Yunchang, Excalibur
Dark Flow (70+ hit for HUnewearl)
Jizai
Charge Vulcan
Charge Diska, Diska of Braveman
Slicer of Fanatic
Last Swan, Charge Raygun
Tyrell's Parasol
Hell Raygun
Hell J-Cutter (S-rank)
Clio

Thirteen
Sweetheart

Kasami Bracer or Resta Merge or Anti-Dark Ring until you can use Red Ring

Viridia's hunts are pretty niche compared to Skyly, but it really depends on what items you want. Skyly definitely gets more HUnewearl items, but some would say its hunts are easier on Rangers.

Last edited:
Thanks for this!, got more than I hoped for ^^

The only reason I'm considering Viridia is RR, PGF, & Kondy drops, but I have till lev 19 to decide

"Core" Weapons:
  • Charge Vulcan with high hit and/or M&A60 Vise with high hit for single target
  • Diska of Braveman with high hit and/or Charge Diska with high hit for medium-range multitarget damage
  • Last Swan and/or Charge Raygun with high hit for attacking at a distance or taking out weakened enemies
  • Sacrificial Swords/Partisans (Vjaya/Yunchang/Tyrell's Parasol/Flowen's/Charge Calibur) with high hit for hitting many targets close up
"Utility" Weapons:
  • Slicer of Fanatic with moderate hit
  • S-Ranks, such as Hell J-Cutter, Demon's Mechgun, (Arrest J-Cutter)
  • Hell/Demon's/Arrest Raygun with high hit
  • Tyrell's Parasol/Clio for boosting the range of support techniques; won't be able to use Clio until your level is very high
  • (Optional) Excalibur with various %s
  • (Optional) Some high ATP multi-hit weapon with moderate hit, such as Black King Bar/Vivienne/Double Cannon/Girasole, Jizai/Sange&Yasha/Asuka, (Daylight Scar). They may be helpful against lizards or high EVP enemies. Each weapon types have their pros and cons.
  • Although all of these are optional, you'll need at least one weapon to fight E4 Lizards with.
Dark Flow is a very unique weapon which is very powerful when used well, but it also requires the players to greatly adjust their equipment and strategy for it.
  • (Optional) Dark Flow and various HP draining weapons to work with it
For Frames, either use offensive-oriented frames or use anything that's decent defensively.
Offensive: Thirteen/Sweetheart
Defensive: Brightness Circle/Lieutenant Mantle

For Barriers, I'd suggest to upgrade in this path:
Anything->(Hunter's Wall)-> (Yata Mirror)/Kasami Bracer -> Red Ring
Anti-Dark Ring can also be used for quests with too many megid casters.
Centurion/Ability is not very useful in Blue Burst because Blue Burst introduced many units with unique utilities. Those utilities are often more useful than slightly more stats (in relatively unimportant stats like DFP/EVP).

Am rolling a HUney, need some basic advice on weapons, armor, and material usage from other HUnewearls. ^^

Torn between Viridia & Skyly IDs too

Thnx
*POUNCES and examines JAG-san warmly!* Mew likes you already! =3 Material nommage 'plans' for HUneys is kinda dodgey at best since everyone plays them differenly...However....be aware that when in a party without an FO... Femrangers and HUnes will be looked upon as Substitute FOs! We get Level 20 techs to help support in a pinch! So DON'T IGNORE MIND implements like units or MAG feeds or Mind mats...we only get 150 materials total...they go fast! Which brings mew to another issue often untouted... Evade...Depending on how aggressive you're gonna make your HUney, You're gonna be torn between Defense and Evasion. Arguably, DEF is a waste on any MAG build or Material nommage since you can has a plethora of DEF Goodies from Shields and armors...Evasion is pretty much the ability to move freely in close proximity to enemies without being hampered. You may have noticed your character will slow down and take a defensive posture when approached or surrounded by mobs? Decent Evade allows you to pretty much weave in and out of mobs like they're not there. Mew purrsonally enjoys Flitting in and out of mob swarms like a walking, giggling RAbarta grenade freezing everythng in her wake solid to halt the chaos and allow low levels to tag everything for the exp. =3. You're gonna be a little torn on how to conduct your Jill of all trades HUnewearl dear lol. Death from a distance? Getting your paws wet with native blood up close with katana types? Or play the support role and buff/debuff when others cannot? Sorry for the Novel...but yeah....Welcome to the funnest Misery of your gaming life! XD!

On a moar purrsonal note...mew is often mistaken for a FOney when first encountered in combat X3! Good Hunting!! <3

Mew for evade is talking about opening and closing menus when running around foes to avoid slowing down to a walk. Huney has a good evade stat I guess but that stat is less useful than defense which is already sort of a waste to use mats on.

Weapons:
Range:
-Holy Ray, only rifle weapon she can use, which alone could have its uses on Huney. Long range arrest that replaces a basic arrest raygun when you can put it on as well.
-Kunai, only card she can use worth a damn. Compared to holy ray and arrest raygun even it gives up ata accuracy and range (it has shot range). However you have 3 shots at arrest on the 3rd hit vs 1 so if you want to arrest a foe as a fleshy cause you don't have that cast boost to arrest this is good. Kunai will for sure be usable before holy ray anyway for her as well so consider this a plus. Also cards hit flying foes like dragons, zu, and gal griffon plus robot switches in mines/spaceship so it is useful for that and really everyone should carry a card or something like it or so just for that. Oh and there is a lovely 30% hit one in the xmas boxes as well so for sure you'll want that. 30% hit almost gives it enough ata to beat a 0 hit holy ray!
-Rainbow Baton, utility with unreduced chaos confuse + sort of an alternative to charge diska and dob. Does less damage than charge diska overall though. Unless you have one with 100% in a % in which case its full potential does around charge diska damage (so if you only care about damage this isn't worth it). It does have boosted range and uses hard accuracy instead of special accuracy to do its damage though. Confuse cancels freeze so keep that in mind if you are with a group you might want to be careful about that but confuse in general stacks like arrest and also lasts longer. Plus in general the foes you'll want to confuse are the grunt foes with great numbers anyway so this slicer does its job if you don't have good freeze support for whatever reason as well.

Up Close:
-Musashi, twin sword with berserk that is super easy to put on.
-Heart of Poumn, if you like how it looks or just love classic PS lore that much you should totally use this worthless weapon. Granted classic PS lore has 2 other claws to choose from that are better.
-Nei's Claw (real), a worse excal (and even a worse Galatine overall) that was ok at one time before ep4 broke the game. Also far more rare than that excal (only 1 is on the server from what I hear). Granted Nei's also boosts Foie, Zonde, and Barta by 20%. Which is nothing.
-Tsumikiri J-Sword. The thing people spend their PSO late game careers hunting. Its not worth the time you will hunt for it but it is cool and pretty much will tell people that you are rich.

Magic:
-Rika's Claw, boost gi techs by 20%. If you wanna attack with those level 20 techs off a weaker mst than every FO in a game where magic attacks aren't that useful in general this claw will help with that. Gifoie merge at least will give you a 50% boost total to that.

-Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou, if you are gonna want to use flowen's sword you may want this on to slap on an adept or 2. It can also be used to use poss or something else easier as well.

-God's Shield "Kouryu", 40 f/i/e resists, built in pb/boost. 40 fire and ice resists certainly have their uses (falz and epsilons). The PB boost is also useful if you are in a team and want to build pb faster for combos or just twins on your own (level 21 s/d lol). To compare a force using mainly support will build pb at around the same rate as a hunter will in a quest.

-Proof of Sword-Saint, gives Excal (and Jizai, and Musashi) 30 more ata. Also Galatine. It pretty much gives a 0 hit excal a 309 base ata with red ring for her. Ramar has 330 with a 0 excal on him but Ramar's ata is the best in the game. This 309 ata is still less than what a Racast will have with a 0 hit excal sadly. However, I can use a FOmar with just red ring and a 0 hit excal just fine for what I want to hit with excal so take this 309 ata as what it is, pretty good.
-Adept, 25% tp save, 1 is good and 2 of them are very useful with flowen's just in general.

Mew for evade is talking about opening and closing menus when running around foes to avoid slowing down to a walk. Huney has a good evade stat I guess but that stat is less useful than defense which is already sort of a waste to use mats on.

Weapons:
Range:
-Holy Ray, only rifle weapon she can use, which alone could have its uses on Huney. Long range arrest that replaces a basic arrest raygun when you can put it on as well.
-Kunai, only card she can use worth a damn. Compared to holy ray and arrest raygun even it gives up ata accuracy and range (it has shot range). However you have 3 shots at arrest on the 3rd hit vs 1 so if you want to arrest a foe as a fleshy cause you don't have that cast boost to arrest this is good. Kunai will for sure be usable before holy ray anyway for her as well so consider this a plus. Also cards hit flying foes like dragons, zu, and gal griffon plus robot switches in mines/spaceship so it is useful for that and really everyone should carry a card or something like it or so just for that. Oh and there is a lovely 30% hit one in the xmas boxes as well so for sure you'll want that. 30% hit almost gives it enough ata to beat a 0 hit holy ray!
-Rainbow Baton, utility with unreduced chaos confuse + sort of an alternative to charge diska and dob. Does less damage than charge diska overall though. Unless you have one with 100% in a % in which case its full potential does around charge diska damage (so if you only care about damage this isn't worth it). It does have boosted range and uses hard accuracy instead of special accuracy to do its damage though. Confuse cancels freeze so keep that in mind if you are with a group you might want to be careful about that but confuse in general stacks like arrest and also lasts longer. Plus in general the foes you'll want to confuse are the grunt foes with great numbers anyway so this slicer does its job if you don't have good freeze support for whatever reason as well.

Up Close:
-Musashi, twin sword with berserk that is super easy to put on.
-Heart of Poumn, if you like how it looks or just love classic PS lore that much you should totally use this worthless weapon. Granted classic PS lore has 2 other claws to choose from that are better.
-Nei's Claw (real), a worse excal (and even a worse Galatine overall) that was ok at one time before ep4 broke the game. Also far more rare than that excal (only 1 is on the server from what I hear). Granted Nei's also boosts Foie, Zonde, and Barta by 20%. Which is nothing.
-Tsumikiri J-Sword. The thing people spend their PSO late game careers hunting. Its not worth the time you will hunt for it but it is cool and pretty much will tell people that you are rich.

Magic:
-Rika's Claw, boost gi techs by 20%. If you wanna attack with those level 20 techs off a weaker mst than every FO in a game where magic attacks aren't that useful in general this claw will help with that. Gifoie merge at least will give you a 50% boost total to that.

-Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou, if you are gonna want to use flowen's sword you may want this on to slap on an adept or 2. It can also be used to use poss or something else easier as well.

-God's Shield "Kouryu", 40 f/i/e resists, built in pb/boost. 40 fire and ice resists certainly have their uses (falz and epsilons). The PB boost is also useful if you are in a team and want to build pb faster for combos or just twins on your own (level 21 s/d lol). To compare a force using mainly support will build pb at around the same rate as a hunter will in a quest.

-Proof of Sword-Saint, gives Excal (and Jizai, and Musashi) 30 more ata. Also Galatine. It pretty much gives a 0 hit excal a 309 base ata with red ring for her. Ramar has 330 with a 0 excal on him but Ramar's ata is the best in the game. This 309 ata is still less than what a Racast will have with a 0 hit excal sadly. However, I can use a FOmar with just red ring and a 0 hit excal just fine for what I want to hit with excal so take this 309 ata as what it is, pretty good.
-Adept, 25% tp save, 1 is good and 2 of them are very useful with flowen's just in general.
The ONLY time mew uses the menu pull up trick to avoid anything is in hallways filled with traps! XP!

Oh I use the menu pull trick to weave around foes as well. Usually to draw their attention to me away from team mates but also to do things like drop traps if I'm running cast. Works pretty well when lizards are getting shot in the back as I start setting up fire as well.

I also use it in emergency times when something is spitting death shots at me

OP- i went with viridia because i had this silly idea of going for nei's real claw when a drop boost was on. Now i see someone saying only one exists on the server, so maybe that wasnt the right choice lol

*POUNCES and examines JAG-san warmly!* Mew likes you already! =3 Material nommage 'plans' for HUneys is kinda dodgey at best since everyone plays them differenly...However....be aware that when in a party without an FO... Femrangers and HUnes will be looked upon as Substitute FOs! We get Level 20 techs to help support in a pinch! So DON'T IGNORE MIND implements like units or MAG feeds or Mind mats...we only get 150 materials total...they go fast! Which brings mew to another issue often untouted... Evade...Depending on how aggressive you're gonna make your HUney, You're gonna be torn between Defense and Evasion. Arguably, DEF is a waste on any MAG build or Material nommage since you can has a plethora of DEF Goodies from Shields and armors...Evasion is pretty much the ability to move freely in close proximity to enemies without being hampered. You may have noticed your character will slow down and take a defensive posture when approached or surrounded by mobs? Decent Evade allows you to pretty much weave in and out of mobs like they're not there. Mew purrsonally enjoys Flitting in and out of mob swarms like a walking, giggling RAbarta grenade freezing everythng in her wake solid to halt the chaos and allow low levels to tag everything for the exp. =3. You're gonna be a little torn on how to conduct your Jill of all trades HUnewearl dear lol. Death from a distance? Getting your paws wet with native blood up close with katana types? Or play the support role and buff/debuff when others cannot? Sorry for the Novel...but yeah....Welcome to the funnest Misery of your gaming life! XD!

On a moar purrsonal note...mew is often mistaken for a FOney when first encountered in combat X3! Good Hunting!! <3

This is inspiring!
Any suggestions on a mat diet mew? I currently have a level 98 huney with a 5/91/100/4 sato. Up till now i ate whatever mats i found and as a result have 14 pow, 5 mind, 8 ev, 23 def, 1 luck.

I want to reset and pump pow mind ev and luck. Would 25 each be a waste? Honestly dont mind lower attack power if my evasion is super good. Can you really get so much that you dont need to menu trick??

Also i solo everything so im down and dirty with hand to hand, occasional guns, plenty of support spells and rabarta to freeze guys and get space.

I eventually want to get v101, red ring, etc. But im far from ultimate. I currently use vajaya, yamato, and a spirit railgun.

Im having a midlife huney crisis and need guidance lol

also space elf girls

Last edited:
OP- i went with viridia because i had this silly idea of going for nei's real claw when a drop boost was on. Now i see someone saying only one exists on the server, so maybe that wasnt the right choice lol

This is inspiring!
Any suggestions on a mat diet mew? I currently have a level 98 huney with a 5/91/100/4 sato. Up till now i ate whatever mats i found and as a result have 14 pow, 5 mind, 8 ev, 23 def, 1 luck.

I want to reset and pump pow mind ev and luck. Would 25 each be a waste? Honestly dont mind lower attack power if my evasion is super good. Can you really get so much that you dont need to menu trick??

Also i solo everything so im down and dirty with hand to hand, occasional guns, plenty of support spells and rabarta to freeze guys and get space.

I eventually want to get v101, red ring, etc. But im far from ultimate. I currently use vajaya, yamato, and a spirit railgun.

Im having a midlife huney crisis and need guidance lol

also space elf girls
If you're a level 98 Huney....you're Already ready for Ultimate silly! just Coordinate what ID drops the V101 and other PSO career goodies you're lusting after=3. Your diet plan sound about right already, but then again...since u only has 51 materials nommed... you still has 99 materials left to nomz! =3. So a reset may not be all that mission critical. Elitists would prolly scream for you to dump that 23 Def mats...prolly a good idea since every time you type /matcount...your seeing that 23 DEF mats used will be like an OCD purrson's nightmare lol! Still...up to you dear! Wish mew still had her %45 hit spirit vulcs to gib you! We need to schedule a night we can go hunting together so u can get a better 'feel' (giggity) for what mew's often going on about! HUneys make Awesome Plushie' Arch-types! <3

Last edited:
Evade does not affect movement near enemies, it's just the defensive stance causing the character to slow down. The way it works is that as long as you have something on your palette which targets enemies, if the enemy is close enough, you'll enter the defensive stance. That's why the menu trick works, as it blocks everything on your palette. On android classes, since they only have three actions which target enemies, they can just switch to the alternative palette to move around enemies.

What evade does is whenever you're hit by a normal attack, if your evade is high enough and the enemies's ATA is low enough, then you have a chance to block the attack with a blocking animation. Special attacks like Dorphon charge and the like aren't affected whatsoever.

In my opinion you haven't really used much materials yet, so it's okay to just reset them. The problem here is that I don't think you're following a particular plan for level 200, which means if you used too much of particular types of materials, you'll have to reset again eventually, probably costing quite a bit. Hence I would suggest to figure out what plan you want ahead of time.

Most material plans are figured out in this way. First they decide on which units/barriers they want to use, then they focus on maximizing offensive stats (ATP/ATA/LCK), then MST, then put the rest into defensive stats (DFP/EVP). Problem here is that with most choices of units, HUnewearl can't even max out MST if they're maxing offensive stats, so none of the materials will go into DFP/EVP. An alternative way is to max out ATP/ATA/LCK first, then get exactly enough MST to wield Clio (900 MST), then put the rest into DFP/EVP. The reasoning here is that MST only boosts technique damage and raises max TP slightly, which they find insignificant as they don't rely on tech damage nor high maximum TP, so they would prefer to put the rest of the materials into DFP/EVP.

Last edited:
iirc it takes 4 DFP to reduce damage by 1 point. More than 50% of your total DFP will come from your armor/shield and, when bolstered by Deband/Jellen 30 (or 20 for solo), will more than sufficiently protect you. Characters that don’t have room to max all stats are better off avoiding evade and defense materials in that order. EVP is bad for two reasons: enemy ATA is much too high for it to be viable (from old tests I made, even an EVP-geared RAmarl or HUcl only had a 25% chance to EVP-block against basic Ultimate enemies) and DFP-blocking effectively outclasses it.

If I could revamp EVP, I’d make it so attacks outright missed you and changed enemy ATA so that it becomes a somewhat more useful stat for classes that boast high EVP.

Yeah if enemy attacks actually missed and we didn't have the same animation for it like we were blocking and as such it didn't interrupt attacks or spells like it does with foes I'd really like the stat.

Ok, i'm getting a clearer picture of what to do here. And I'm getting enough mats to consider resetting soon thanks to the event. I appreciate the advice and info everyone. and apologies for sorta hijacking the thread op, but learn from my mistakes lol

Unfortunately, V101 and clio are out of the picture. I'm fully solo + "living off the land" (as phantasystarved called it) and went with viridia. So i'm probably in a bit of a pinch for someone who wants to solo through Ultimate, but its been fun mostly flying by the seat of my pants. at the end of the day, I'll still be a green haired space elf and that's all that matters.

Ok, i'm getting a clearer picture of what to do here. And I'm getting enough mats to consider resetting soon thanks to the event. I appreciate the advice and info everyone. and apologies for sorta hijacking the thread op, but learn from my mistakes lol

Unfortunately, V101 and clio are out of the picture. I'm fully solo + "living off the land" (as phantasystarved called it) and went with viridia. So i'm probably in a bit of a pinch for someone who wants to solo through Ultimate, but its been fun mostly flying by the seat of my pants. at the end of the day, I'll still be a green haired space elf and that's all that matters.

I mean Viridia does get v101 drop, so you could end up finding one at some point. How's living off the land working for you? Would you recommend it, or is the struggle outweighing the fun?

I mean Viridia does get v101 drop, so you could end up finding one at some point. How's living off the land working for you? Would you recommend it, or is the struggle outweighing the fun?

I keep forgetting ephinea has its own drop table and keeping looking up things on pso-world lol

Not gonna lie, it is pretty strugglicious especially since this is my basically first time getting serious with the game (aside from some normal/hard ep.1 playthroughs on xbox and gamecube), but I enjoy the challenge. My main goal is to make my way through the story on each each episode (normal, hard, VH, and Ult ep.1 and VH+Ult for ep.2+4.) I play mainly when there are experience boosts and DAR boosts. That helps me pace it out so I get in a couple big sessions with the game a month but not burning out or getting discouraged. 150 hours in, I still get blown away by the music and atmosphere of the game. basically everything after ep.1 is new to me, so it's rewarding unlocking a new area, seeing new enemies, hearing new tracks. That said I do hit some crazy roadblocks-- Episode 2's timed temple missions on VH took me forever in particular since I was just trying to do it over and over without really trying anything new. That's when I learned to get more serious about my build, started doing some TTF for levels+drops, and getting more serious about getting different loadouts depending on what I'm fighting.

I def couldn't recommend it to someone new to the game. I'm kind of accustomed to being a masochist (Ninja Gaiden Black is my favorite game of all time.) I think it could be a lot of fun for someone experienced with the game who wants to do a restricted run to freshen things up.

Hi, sorry to dig up this thread but do you have any advice for low lvl weapons for my Huney ? I currently have a lot of fun with my Hold Assault for the ranged 1v1 but what other weapons should I use ? Is a combination of Assault/Halbert/Blade a good thing ? i do a lot of damage with the dagger-type weapons but I can't decide what to use for now :p I'm only lvl 35 btw

Hi, sorry to dig up this thread but do you have any advice for low lvl weapons for my Huney ? I currently have a lot of fun with my Hold Assault for the ranged 1v1 but what other weapons should I use ? Is a combination of Assault/Halbert/Blade a good thing ? i do a lot of damage with the dagger-type weapons but I can't decide what to use for now :p I'm only lvl 35 btw
You can go for berserk/spirit/charge nonrare weapons or shadow/dark/hell nonrare handguns or 9~10 stars rare weapons.

Back