How're things now?

Ai

Sometimes lucky
Guildcard
It's been a long while since I've been able to play and looking to play again perhaps. Reading a few posts about a 'unstable economy' makes me wonder.

What happened ? PD shortage or something..? Any news worthy of hearing?

I'm eager to jump back in but a bit wary none the less

eh, don't let the words unstable economy deter you. the introduction of seasons brought a lot of players back into the pool.

all quests are now available in solo mode.
classic drop system removed (pso2 drops only now)
red ring drop rate got nerfed.

someone else can chime in if i'm missing another recent momentous occurrence.

(come play PSO with us!)

Summary of economy would be something like, highly accessible for new players (acquiring essentials is very affordable) but detrimental to building wealth for veterans (building up 50-99 PDs multiple times over is painfully slow without an incredibly nice find or overall good luck).

If you're still putting together your basic gear, it's nothing to worry about really.

There are 100s or so spare 30 hit zanba, 30 hit frozen shooters, 30 hit kunai, 30 hit vivis, 30 hit slicer of fanatic. Tons of dobs, holy rays, girasoles, flowen's, guardiannas, ect with good hit. +various other spare things like tons of 0 hit lames, hs, dls, and more. There were also nice things like heart keys, photon boosters, and blue black stones being made with a somewhat easier method of farming at random times. For sure with heart keys but u need those to create more things than the others so it is fair.

This is on top of free basic stuff like 50 hit charge vulcans, arms, raygun. There are alao tons of other needed gear like v801, smartlink (pretty much free as well), and v101s that drop their price. Most of the good armor and shields are pretty much free as well. Also tons of spare pcs from Easter and the like unless they were spent but still pc isn't an issue cause the server did do stuff to help print them.

This over stock of gear is pretty much cause of events. But while dropping 30 hit gear there was not much attempt to also drop pd like they did with pc with the events unless you got a "lucky" dud gift. Pd end game wise pretty much never will be done unlike pc so this has made the end game take longer for a lot.

This is great for new players because it is easy to gear up. But the end game of pso was found to be a bit hard to reach cause this is the 1st time where pso in official and private server hasn't had cheaters making pd and stuff. It takes 100s of hours to create a single item with the maxed out %.

More people will quit then those that will actually go to the end game so there is a timer for people that want to reach end game as well. Plus the ever glaring issue of making an old ass grind heavy game want to be played by new people.

So the vets bitching about making things "easier" for new people in mmos and such are actually digging their own grave in the long run as well.

Granted you don't want to change up shit too much cause then you kill the spirit of the game.

Personally I think this server has overall for the most part (name change and id being an exception or 2) done a great job balancing the life of pso for old and new.

I haven't played in quite a while. I now just realized what would bring me back though. If I could play this game in VR with my VR headset and motion controllers, I'd totally jump back in. For like a day or two.

Sorry for getting off topic. This game is cool.

I started playing ~4 weeks ago on this server and it happened to be in the middle of the new "season". Figured mind as well play there and it's been great fun so far! There's just something about the PSO grind that most other games can't compete with. Throw in the awesome community of loyal fans and you can have a blast with others. Compared to most popular online games these days, random people you party up with are usually not the greatest "teammates" around...

Anyways, if you do decide to come back we will be waiting!

Ade still plays. Run for the hills, come back in about 2 years if the server is still up; maybe then he'll be gone.

I haven't played in quite a while. I now just realized what would bring me back though. If I could play this game in VR with my VR headset and motion controllers, I'd totally jump back in. For like a day or two.

Sorry for getting off topic. This game is cool.
WE MISS YOU KEVDO-Kuuuuun! =3

Back