Howdy'all doin' :)

Vueren

Hello, Vueren Kuraenir here. I'm not quite certain where to start, but since introduction implies beginning, I suppose that's the best place to start (like always).

I was born a little more than a full year before Phantasy Star Online was first released in America (if you want to call me young, why does this game have a sequel and I don't? :p). I had two older siblings by 7 years and 10 years, so they were the ones to spoil me on the generation of awesome games that came out a little bit before and a little bit after my birth.

I can scarcely remember the many game systems and countless more games that I played with my siblings, but one of the many that I do remember was Phantasy Star Online on the Game Cube. They had a few characters in ultimate and sometimes I got to use the controller to carefully guide my character... to her death. What were you expecting, that I kill Dark Falz on Ultimate? I was like, what, four? Regardless, it was an absolute blast! I loved the game... Well, despite falling down a lot. I was a kid. We fell down a lot anyway.

Life took over as it does for all children and I moved on to other things. Quite often, though, I remembered that PSO existed, and I wanted to figure out if I could get more from it. And so, January 7th, 2012, the name Vueren was forged from a smashed head rolling around on the keyboard, to create my first character on Schthack, a RAmarl. Creative liberties taken, obviously. I spent about a half year playing, and expanded to a FOnewearl, as my RAmarl was Pinkal. My siblings started playing again for a couple of weeks, and they were their usual Hunter & Force. It was all going great.

Life, again, decided to kick me for ignoring it because of how often I was playing PSO. So, I spent the last 7 years just focusing on life. Now an adult, and coming from the MMORPG that used to be Rift, I've decided to return to what is technically my first MMORPG. There were many parts of the game that I had never explored. Playing PSO2 for a short while, I found myself again and again making comparisons to PSO, and realizing that I didn't like PSO2's gameplay all too much. Something felt lacking.

I came back to PSO a couple of weeks ago, and it's been an absolute blast. Planning, leveling, chatting, all of it.

So, that's pretty much my background. Going forward on Ephinea, I have three characters currently planned (and more to be in the works). A FOmarl support, a RAmarl support (in memory of my first online PSO character), and a HUcaseal. I've also gotten back into leveling mags and I'm slowly relearning the game in general as I take my sweetest of time leveling.

All in all, it's going to be a lot of fun and I hope to see you all in game! :D

Hello, Vueren Kuraenir here. I'm not quite certain where to start, but since introduction implies beginning, I suppose that's the best place to start (like always).

I was born a little more than a full year before Phantasy Star Online was first released in America (if you want to call me young, why does this game have a sequel and I don't? :p). I had two older siblings by 7 years and 10 years, so they were the ones to spoil me on the generation of awesome games that came out a little bit before and a little bit after my birth.

I can scarcely remember the many game systems and countless more games that I played with my siblings, but one of the many that I do remember was Phantasy Star Online on the Game Cube. They had a few characters in ultimate and sometimes I got to use the controller to carefully guide my character... to her death. What were you expecting, that I kill Dark Falz on Ultimate? I was like, what, four? Regardless, it was an absolute blast! I loved the game... Well, despite falling down a lot. I was a kid. We fell down a lot anyway.

Life took over as it does for all children and I moved on to other things. Quite often, though, I remembered that PSO existed, and I wanted to figure out if I could get more from it. And so, January 7th, 2012, the name Vueren was forged from a smashed head rolling around on the keyboard, to create my first character on Schthack, a RAmarl. Creative liberties taken, obviously. I spent about a half year playing, and expanded to a FOnewearl, as my RAmarl was Pinkal. My siblings started playing again for a couple of weeks, and they were their usual Hunter & Force. It was all going great.

Life, again, decided to kick me for ignoring it because of how often I was playing PSO. So, I spent the last 7 years just focusing on life. Now an adult, and coming from the MMORPG that used to be Rift, I've decided to return to what is technically my first MMORPG. There were many parts of the game that I had never explored. Playing PSO2 for a short while, I found myself again and again making comparisons to PSO, and realizing that I didn't like PSO2's gameplay all too much. Something felt lacking.

I came back to PSO a couple of weeks ago, and it's been an absolute blast. Planning, leveling, chatting, all of it.

So, that's pretty much my background. Going forward on Ephinea, I have three characters currently planned (and more to be in the works). A FOmarl support, a RAmarl support (in memory of my first online PSO character), and a HUcaseal. I've also gotten back into leveling mags and I'm slowly relearning the game in general as I take my sweetest of time leveling.

All in all, it's going to be a lot of fun and I hope to see you all in game! :D
SQUEEeeeeee~! WONDERFUL to hear how such an old Gem like PSO has left such a warm mark on players who've been exposed....wandered away from...and are once again reunited after a 19 odd year absence! MOST if not All of us here are SCHT refugee/survivors as well! Sooo we can share both your joy and frustrations of not only starting New... but getting that feeling of 'something missing', now found~! Very Glad to hear how Happy you are with your short stay here so far dear! Without much else to gush on about, looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! =3

Back