Howdy!

omegaher0

Howdy! I played PSO 1&2 WAAAAAY back, and tried playing PSO2 through the eng patch, but hated taking an hour to update every day.

So I decided to try getting back into PSO by way of private server. I cam across this one though the PSO reddit (just I saw it while reading, don't actually have a reddit account). I had tried playing PSOBB through Ultima, but I couldn't get a comfirmation email for the boards to ask questions, and when I tried installing the game, Kaspersky went nuts, wouldn't let the program run, and even did a forced disinfection for my entire computer and deleted all the program's vital files.

So, before I dl the game, I have a few questions.

1 - will Kaspersky have issues with this program, and if so, how do I whitelist it? It seemed doing that for before did nothing, as it wouldn't let it update.

2 - when I tried to join this server, it said my aol email was blocked by the admin, though I never joined this board before.

3 - about how many people play? I do play by myself a lot, but I like being able to play with people from time to time with hard missions, so are there many people playing?

I do hope that I am amble to play this, because I really want to get back to playing PSO.

When your Antivirus finds the file, can't you tell it to "always ignore" that file? Avira did the same when I first installed.

Sadly, no. Kaspersky doesn't give me that option. Even after setting the options to ask me first, it still removes it.

Usually within settings/control panels, there is a whitelist. You open it and select the ephinea folder or general files in specific to whitelist. Sadly if you cant whitelist you most likely wont be able to play here or any other server because nearly all antiviruses false positive PSO.

I dont use kapersky myself but if it doesn't have a whitelist that's a pretty big red flag in my eyes. I'd suggest another antivirus but I dont know if you have a paid sub with them.

Hope you get one soon . welcome :D

Yay! I can play, though it took me a bit to figure out how to start, ha ha. Also, is there an option to turn down the volume? The game is really loud! Also, I'm "Byg Sam" in game.

just use Windows's volume mixer to turn down the game volume relative to everything else

I think a volume slider sort of deal is planned for the launcher?? or at least it was said that it was doable

I think I have an issue. I created a room for Episode 1 and I can't find the Guild NPC person. They aren't at the guild counter.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found her. I had gotten the main quest from the lady next to the governor and it was the issue. Oopsie.

Last edited:
I think I have an issue. I created a room for Episode 1 and I can't find the Guild NPC person. They aren't at the guild counter.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found her. I had gotten the main quest from the lady next to the governor and it was the issue. Oopsie.
YAY! *Stalks omega-san to halp play wiff!* >=3 psssst...welcome home!

Back