How would PSO change if the max level was 150 instead of 200?

Rune

Guildcard
This comes with the following ideas as well:
-that red ring's equip level would change to 150.
-max stats wouldn't change.
-material use would be cut by 50 for each character (so 200 for humans, 100 for casts and newmans). Hp and tp would be unchanged.

hp 1096
tp 680

atp 777
ata 157

mst 531
level 15 techs

def 324
evp 578
hunewearl
hp 1016
tp 834

atp 685
ata 135

mst 685
level 20 techs

def 362
evp 546
hp 1350

atp 896
ata 144

def 361
evp 497

15 fire
23 ice
23 confuse
hp 1030

atp 734
ata 168

def 262
evp 606

18 fire
17 ice
17 confuse

hp 1073
tp 604

atp 638
ata 200

mst 455
level 15 techs

def 254
evp 513
hp 958
tp 754

atp 577
ata 188

mst 605
level 20 techs (1.346)

def 293
evp 640
hp 1317

atp 659
ata 174

def 359
evp 480

23 fire
18 ice
15 confuse
hp 1241

atp 605
ata 177

def 386
evp 555

23 fire
15 ice
18 confuse

hp 848
tp 1333

atp 570
ata 124

mst 740
level 30 techs: boost to shifta/deband, gis, and grants techs (1.476)

def 221
evp 496
hp 965
tp 1324

atp 532
ata 132

mst 734
level 30 techs: boost to resta/anti, shifta/deband, and grants(2) techs (1.476)

def 251
evp 459
hp 938
tp 1495

atp 463
ata 116

mst 848
level 30 techs: boost to gis and ras techs (1.476)

def 288
evp 484
hp 883
tp 1614

atp 459
ata 119

mst 927
level 30 techs: boost to resta/anti, sis techs, megid pierces (1.476)

def 234
evp 585

With the same max stats and less material usage, wouldn't it be more difficult to max? I've never found Red Ring and don't plan on as part of my stat plans. I think cutting off the last 50 levels would make it much less of a grind. Once a char's into the 130s or so, levels start to take a while.

It be impossible to max with less levels and mat use. But that is the idea.

Realistically, the only changes you'd see is MAGs and units. I could see focus shifting towards max POW/MIND mags with units being used to max ATA.

The game gets pretty easy once you hit level 150. Level 150 won't stop FOmarls from SNS glitching with the SoF to victory, RAmars and RAcasts gibbing enemies with Charge Arms and Heaven Strikers, RAmarls Demon'sing everything in sight, FOnewm's becoming nuking kings, and HUcasts from chopping enemies to pieces with Dark Flows. It's just that you'll see a lot less 15 minute Ep1 MA4C runs than before.

Realistically, the only changes you'd see is MAGs and units. I could see focus shifting towards max POW/MIND mags with units being used to max ATA.

The game gets pretty easy once you hit level 150. Level 150 won't stop FOmarls from SNS glitching with the SoF to victory, RAmars and RAcasts gibbing enemies with Charge Arms and Heaven Strikers, RAmarls Demon'sing everything in sight, FOnewm's becoming nuking kings, and HUcasts from chopping enemies to pieces with Dark Flows. It's just that you'll see a lot less 15 minute Ep1 MA4C runs than before.
I don't think the intention of this idea or concept was to ever change player strategies or change how the game ends up playing out in the end. I think it was more or less to just see how the game would *feel differently*.

If you ask me, changing the cap from 200 to 150 would make the game too easy. If I'm being frank, getting level 150 is pretty easy. Even if you don't have the best gear you can get 150 with relative ease on this game. I play on Gamecube mostly and even on there, on my level 81 Foney, if I put my mind to it I could hit level 150 on her within a day or two of grinding constantly. Probably even quicker if I maximized the paths of grinding a bit.
In my opinion, all it would really do is make the game shorter. Make the game less grindy.
The only way you would ever see a significant change in player strategies is if you took away things within the game that are popular. But then you'd have to take away everything strong.
If you took away, for example, sranks, dark flow, charge, berserk, and spirit, and demons, you'd essentially be setting yourself up for a shit show. The reason is because I would reckon the large majority of the community of this game is so heavily dependent on the current top tier choices to win the game that taking them away would just make the game unplayable to them.

Just a thought.
TL;DR it would be incredibly boring and make the game play the exact same.

The reason is because I would reckon the large majority of the community of this game is so heavily dependent on the current top tier choices to win the game that taking them away would just make the game unplayable to them.
wao toxic

HUcast can still probably reach +1500 ATP while maxing ATA and LCK with a 8 dex/high atp mag, and two adepts, cent/v101, and h/pow. Maybe remove the latter for Smarklink. Still the best hunter.

RAcast might not be as lucky... DPS could be a bit weaker than RAmar's.

TL;DR it would be incredibly boring and make the game play the exact same.
+1

it used to be capped at level 100 and it was incredibly boring. Granted there was no Ultimate and the v3+ items didn't exist, but it was pretty lame until v2 came along.

wao toxic
I'd like to see a single person that plays this game do a TA without charge, demons, or zerk, or spirit or hell.
Or do anything at all, do anything difficult without those top tier choice specials.

I'd wager that very few people would even play this game if they didn't have easy mode crutches like demons or hell in this game.

I'd like to see a single person that plays this game do a TA without charge, demons, or zerk, or spirit or hell.
Or do anything at all, do anything difficult without those top tier choice specials.

oh no, if you took all those specials out we'd have to attack some things twice

the horror, the horror

That doesn't make any sense. TA's purpose is to clear a quest as fast as possible, so of course players are using the most broken stuff the game allows. It wouldn't be considered TA anymore with such restrictions.

Some people are spending time in Challenge mode where you don't have any high tier special available (besides Spirit). Perhaps that's not difficult enough for you, though?

I'd wager that very few people would even play this game if they didn't have easy mode crutches like demons or hell in this game.
Your statement means nothing, you cannot know such thing for sure nor can anyone. But I guess players would have adapted and you'd still be whining about whatever the meta would be.
Don't be so cocky next time, please.

I don't think anyone's interested in taking twice as long to clear a quest with a hit gigush as their main crowd control weapon.

So you'd like to see people play efficiently without using what's efficient.
No, I'd like the people claiming to be so great at this game to use things that aren't so blatantly broken like hell and demons. If they're so great, why don't you prove it by not using weapons with blatantly broken specials. Odds are, no one that plays on BB is willing to show that kind of prowess. They like to brag about having it, but don't like to exhibit any of it.

Your statement means nothing, you cannot know such thing for sure nor can anyone. But I guess players would have adapted and you'd still be whining about whatever the meta would be.
Don't be so cocky next time, please.
The basis of the statement is that it's a bet. Of course I don't know for sure if its true or not. That's why it's a bet.
Also, no, I wouldn't be complaining about players that brag about being good at this game actually showing how good they were at the game.
Because in my experience, combo or not, using DF to one shot kill anything in sight doesn't show any ounce of skill. Using a Hucast to one combo basically any enemy in the game with charge vulcans doesn't show skill. Using a demons srank on a human/newman character to easily murder a tower enemy doesn't show any lick of skill.
My point (I guess since this is really not part of the main topic) is I would like to see the players in specific who brag about being so good at this game to step up and show how good they are.

And as I said, the only way I can see lowering the level cap would do any good is if the games mechanics were drastically changed to accommodate that. For instance, everybody is 150 and there's no hell or demons in the game. Or no charge or spirit or berserk. It's not a very hard thing to understand. And if you happen to take offense to me saying that players that talk the maddest shit about how good they are dont step up to the plate need to do shit the hard way, then I'd guess that you either dont understand what I'm saying or you're looking into the mirror and this statement directly applies to you (the person offended), despite me dropping no names.

If you're offended because you brag about being good but aren't willing to show it in any way at all, then, maybe stop bragging. I didn't drop any names, so this is literally as general and non specific as it gets.

That doesn't make any sense. TA's purpose is to clear a quest as fast as possible, so of course players are using the most broken stuff the game allows. It wouldn't be considered TA anymore with such restrictions.
So a Metroid Fusion 1% speedrun isn't an actual speedrun because it's not as fast as it could be because there's a layer of requirements that go along with it?

So a Legend of Zelda OoT speedrun isn't a speedrun because it might have some fun requirements to follow?

So a Dark Souls with X weapon only speedrun isn't an actual speedrun because they aren't using the most optimal weapon for the run so it's not the fastest time?

Because in my experience, combo or not, using DF to one shot kill anything in sight doesn't show any ounce of skill. Using a Hucast to one combo basically any enemy in the game with charge vulcans doesn't show skill. Using a demons srank on a human/newman character to easily murder a tower enemy doesn't show any lick of skill.

I would disagree, I would consider it a skill since it requires game knowledge to know that these weapons can be used the way they are. The game is at an age now where everyone will likely be taught how to use the "broken" gear efficiently, but it wasn't always this way, and the old vets who found this tech would probably be considered skilled at the game. It takes game knowledge and planning to have a team learn proper positioning and timing to use the equipment properly. There are still people to this day that think Spread Needle is the best ranger weapon in the game because they don't know better. I don't even TA, and I can still acknowledge all the builds and tech that have come out of this game over nearly 2 decades required some investment and "skill," if you will, to get quests completed so fast, and to continue pushing that border further. Every now and then, I still long for the days when the game was fresh and people still thought Heaven's Punisher was so rare it had to be powerful and sought after, but I'm not gonna pretend that some of the impressive things people have discovered about the game mechanics over the years is just braindead cheating.

So a Metroid Fusion 1% speedrun isn't an actual speedrun because it's not as fast as it could be because there's a layer of requirements that go along with it?

So a Legend of Zelda OoT speedrun isn't a speedrun because it might have some fun requirements to follow?

So a Dark Souls with X weapon only speedrun isn't an actual speedrun because they aren't using the most optimal weapon for the run so it's not the fastest time?

Separate categories tend to pop up if there is interest and a community formed around it, there is nothing wrong with that. If you want to start up some HUmar only no extra attacks allowed category in quests you are free to do so and try to build some interest in it.

Last edited:
Back