How long does it take to get a MAG to lvl 200? Is it even possible to get “perfect” stats?

jcorb

I was just curious how long it typically takes a player to level up a MAG? I’ve probably put like 20 hours or so into PSO over the last couple weeks, and I think my MAG is like lvl 34? I’m admittedly not super ardent about feeding them on time.

But just curious how much of an investment they really wind up being?

Also, is it possible (or even worthwhile) to build a “perfect” MAG, like with 200 MST? Or I suppose 195, since all MAG’s have 5 DEF, right?

It would be kinda cool if dropped MAG’s could roll with 0 stats, imo!

Mag feeding time really depends on what you're feeding. If you're going for a maximum MIND mag without using any cells and you're trying to be cost efficient with meseta, then you're looking at 36ish hours. If you use a Kit of Mark 3 mag cell on a brand new level 5 mag, about 17 hours to get the mag to 200. You still should probably raise the IQ which will be another few hours at worst.

There is a free Cell of MAG 502 available in a solo quest in hard, very hard, and ultimate difficulties here. The cell can be applied at level 100+ to most mags and the feeding will be significantly faster. The mag also looks pretty good and has decent triggers.

Or you could buy a level 200 mag for a few PDs in the trading section.

A mag with 200 of any stat isn't possible. The best you could do is 195 of POW/DEX/MIND using a Kit of Mark 3 mag cell at level 5.

Mags dropping with 0 stats won't happen. They were not legitimately possible in the original game and won't be possible here.

There is a neat program on our forums called Magatama, it is fully functional to plan out a mag and it will tell you how many feeding cycles it will take, how long it would take assuming no missed feed cycles and equally important how much meseta it will cost you.

I suggest giving it a download if youre truly curious how long your specific mag will take; and as a plus, you can plan out what you need to feed the mag so there is less of an error feeding it on the fly.

Awesome, much appreciated!

Kind of curious what the “best” MAG stats will be for each class? My knee jerk thought would be 195 in POW, DEX, or MND, but maybe I’m wrong on that?

I’ve also never paid any attention to Synchro or IQ stats. They go down every time you die, right? Can you still raise them after 200, or would they just continually dwindle down over time as I keep dying?

Kind of curious what the “best” MAG stats will be for each class? My knee jerk thought would be 195 in POW, DEX, or MND, but maybe I’m wrong on that?
You can check our wiki and in the section Classes you can click on whichever character you are making a mag for and it will give you information about that character including "Material Plans"; which will give you a general idea of what the 'best' mag stats are, along with what units, shield and mats you need to make that mag plan work. Of course if you want to theorycraft your own stats plan for what is the 'best' mag for you, feel free to use a stat calculator.
I’ve also never paid any attention to Synchro or IQ stats. They go down every time you die, right? Can you still raise them after 200, or would they just continually dwindle down over time as I keep dying?
Synchro goes up to 120% max and goes down by 5% each time as you die, while IQ goes up to 200 max and only goes down depending on what you feed the mag. If you want to read more about what each do you can again read more at the wiki about Mags, a quick and dirty rule is to keep IQ at 200 and Synchro wont be an issue at a constant 0%. (this is not an absolute of course, just a low effort rule for casual play.)

Back