How does Sandbox item creation work?

Hi! I can't seem to find a reference for how the /item command works in sandbox...I can't seem to get anything to actually spawn (and if I do it's totally unpredictable)...I'm not sure what the arguments are supposed to be in the command. Any help would be appreciated :)

Arguments need to be in one long contiguous string. Also there's an Item maker Soly made that'll make your life much easier.
Awesome thanks! I saw that, I'll take a look. What's the format of the string? The only success I had was "/item dagger #" where # was anything from 0 to 3 ( was just guessing random formats). None of them were daggers, lol. I have no idea why it even worked because none of the other weapon names or numbers did.

Awesome thanks! I saw that, I'll take a look. What's the format of the string? The only success I had was "/item dagger #" where # was anything from 0 to 3 ( was just guessing random formats). None of them were daggers, lol. I have no idea why it even worked because none of the other weapon names or numbers did.

It's ########,########,########,######## where # is a hexadecimal digit, also made an edit to my earlier post, didn't know if you missed it.

You spawned an item with "/item dagger #"? whoo, sorry, I'm not familiar with that syntax, this is something I don't know.

Back